BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Myeah the way I see it is - in that terrain with that dynamic driving mostly in sport boost it’s normal you would do 300km instead of claimed 500. This being said - no different vs ICE cars and initial claimed consumption figures vs real life driving. will have to wait for further reviews but I’d personally like to see the range in a single trip 100 to 10percent in eco mode, mostly highway at a steady 120-140 to understand what that means. And also some more on the navigation options that shows available charging stations and the dynamic interaction.
Yes, but I assume most people here won't be driving in eco mode. I certainly won't when I am in range of my home charger.

Regarding navigation and charging stations (in German, but the auto translated subtitles to English are quite good) 16:46 - 19:10

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes, but I assume most people here won't be driving in eco mode. I certainly won't when I am in range of my home charger.

Regarding navigation and charging stations (in German, but the auto translated subtitles to English are quite good) 16:46 - 19:10

Don’t get me wrong So will I - I’ll be flooring the hell out of it daily like a maniac who never had a car before at least when I’m alone. However we also travel occasionally as a family over 1k hence why that’s the part I’m interested in, and where I’d press the eco button. Thanks for the ref to the german review- I speak german too so thats great!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Off-topic, but is it just me or has everyone binged the reviews yesterday evening in multiple languages to the point of being discusted when they repeat the standard stuff you already knew and the previous guy said 🧐. Things I can’t hear anymore : it’s not a proper M, it’s heavy, it’s expensive, hans zimmer, tesla model 3, I’m 2m35 and so are my children and knee room is thight in the back. The steering has no feeling but its perfect, ios fokkin 8, more tesla model 3. It’s like a 340i but it has a hatch so more like a 4GC (this one annoys me the most actually). For fks sake- tell us about your whiplash - do you get goosebumps, are you scared when pressing the pedal, are people outside scared, did you race with anyone in a ICE during your trip, how was the Kempinski in Bayern, anything
It has been a couple of hours reading in bad auto translation with the youtube CC function :ROFLMAO:
Even my colleague told me it's an electric 3-series, and he's a car guy owning an Audi S6

·
Registered
33 Posts
It has been a couple of hours reading in bad auto translation with the youtube CC function :ROFLMAO:
Even my colleague told me it's an electric 3-series, and he's a car guy owning an Audi S6
Your friend is envyous 😂 / jokes aside I had a 3 series and currently a 4 series GC which I found in many ways better and much prettier than a 3 series. Yes - 4 is conceptually an extention of what used to be a 3 series coupe - built on same platform and sharing a lot, however with additional doors, roofline, and hatch it’s fair to consider it these days a bread of its own and call the damn thing an electric 4GC at least…. Tell your friend his A6 is a A4 and thats a more accurate statement - only the size differs but they all look the same back and front. ☺

·
Registered
155 Posts
I think it would be better if someone on the forum here had been to review it. Would just go straight to the front and start disassembling the frunk or assessing the hinges, or something. Would watch.

·
Registered
218 Posts

Great find! in this video we see how the navigation is adding the necessary charging stops

World Map Plant Gadget Font

·
Registered
10 Posts
Great find! in this video we see how the navigation is adding the necessary charging stops

View attachment 1920
I'm propably missing something here, but the normal driving time + charging times don't quite add up on that screen?

Was about to post that during 970km drive the passengers need to "charge" and "de-charge" propably that same time as is the cars charging times combined. That means ICE and BEV travellers are really closely matched IRL on that journey.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Your friend is envyous 😂 / jokes aside I had a 3 series and currently a 4 series GC which I found in many ways better and much prettier than a 3 series. Yes - 4 is conceptually an extention of what used to be a 3 series coupe - built on same platform and sharing a lot, however with additional doors, roofline, and hatch it’s fair to consider it these days a bread of its own and call the damn thing an electric 4GC at least…. Tell your friend his A6 is a A4 and thats a more accurate statement - only the size differs but they all look the same back and front.
Oh, he would hate that! Going to give it a try next time I see him :sneaky:
But yeah, it is a 4 series GC, it even has the same chassis code (G26)

·
Registered
71 Posts
I'm propably missing something here, but the normal driving time + charging times don't quite add up on that screen?
The route with charging stops will most likely be different and include smaller roads (less speed). This is a long drive and charger availability varies wildly here. The systems seems to try keeping the distance about to be the same but perhaps you could do better by sticking to motorways and taking larger detours to charge.

Charging on long distance drives will most likely continue to be a hassle for some time. It is doable but not convenient. Except perhaps for Teslas or some Scandinavian countries.

·
Registered
112 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
alternatively using apps like Chargemap or equivalents on ios8 via the apple / android play infotainment system
That won't help if the chargers are few and far between. But I expect that I will need public chargers only about 5 times a year and with charging at home I save the time to the gas pump. That should more than make up for the time I loose when charging on longer trips.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Off-topic, but is it just me or has everyone binged the reviews yesterday evening in multiple languages to the point of being discusted when they repeat the standard stuff you already knew and the previous guy said 🧐. Things I can’t hear anymore : it’s not a proper M, it’s heavy, it’s expensive, hans zimmer, tesla model 3, I’m 2m35 and so are my children and knee room is thight in the back. The steering has no feeling but its perfect, ios fokkin 8, more tesla model 3. It’s like a 340i but it has a hatch so more like a 4GC (this one annoys me the most actually). For fks sake- tell us about your whiplash - do you get goosebumps, are you scared when pressing the pedal, are people outside scared, did you race with anyone in a ICE during your trip, how was the Kempinski in Bayern, anything
same feelings
in addition, I yelled "holly macarrrrroooni" while driving kids to school, strange effect.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Anyone know what is going on with carwows test car? Is it purple ? Is it the frozen portimao in dark weather/rain? Is it some kind of filter?

🤔🤔
Actually, I quite like that shade of blue. Wish BMW can add it to the lineup.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts