BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BMW shared a bunch of cool technical photos of the i4 as part of their press release.

Slope Rectangle Font Parallel Engineering

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
BMW i4 Battery

BMW i4 eDrive40 Drivetrain
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

BMW i4 eDrive40 Suspension

BMW i4 M50 Drivetrain

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

BMW i4 M50 Suspension

·
Registered
20 Posts
BMW nailed it. Great specs all around and great value. M50 is only 4K USD more in Norway than a Model 3 Performance.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah the M50 is really appealing. I hope it can actually perform like a M car should. Is that the one you're planning to get @Sjokosaus?
Well... if I made a bit more money. I could definitely see myself getting one used in 5 or so years (currently a student with a side job). This would be the perfect spec for me. And you?

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well... if I made a bit more money. I could definitely see myself getting one used in 5 or so years (currently a student with a side job). This would be the perfect spec for me. And you? View attachment 806
I've been going back and forth which which one to order to be honest. My heart wants a M50 but my brain is saying to check out the lower trims first. I'm going to need to see it in person before really finalizing my decision.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've been going back and forth which which one to order to be honest. My heart wants a M50 but my brain is saying to check out the lower trims first. I'm going to need to see it in person before really finalizing my decision.
Definitely a smart decision. I don't know what the value difference between the eDrive40 and the M50 is in your country, but in Norway it's 5K USD MAX and only 1K at the supercharged versions. the M50 is no doubt the better choice in Norway.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I am in the same boat.

Does anyone know what the order flexibility is? Until trim level standard features and options are provided the real price between the two models may be closer than $10k suggests.

Also, do people think that the options for the i4 are going to be similar to the 3/4-series? Would like to have heated seats and steering wheel which looks like you can get as stand-alone upgrades. I prefer this method over buying a $4k package that comes with options I really don’t want or need.

Would also like to know when the i4 35 will be coming out and what its price will be. If I have to wait until later part of 2022 I am fine with that.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Now that the M50 have Adaptive suspension and rear air suspension.

Will it be possible to lower the car? As the ride height looks to be quite high.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Now that the M50 have Adaptive suspension and rear air suspension.

Will it be possible to lower the car? As the ride height looks to be quite high.
I'm pretty sure that the rear air suspension is purely for height leveling during high load scenarios, I remember my dads old E61 525d had rear air suspension simply for height leveling when loading it up with luggage :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts