BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am wondering has anyone compared Audi Q4 and i4? I know they are not apple to apple comprision but BMW doesn't have EV crossovers.
I haven't seen any of these in person, delars don't have them in display. I am OK to not test drive them but don't want to buy something without seeing it first.

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
I did test drive the Q4 RWD and liked it more than I had expected. Handling and comfort were very good, acceleration not so good, but still enough for me. Some annoyances were there but not too bad.

I was close to ordering, but then I went with the i4 because I preferred it over the crossover. If you are out for a small SUV, with lots of interior space, it could be worth a try.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks!
I guess they both are available for test drive in Germany? Dealers do not have any of these here in Canada, I will visit UK and Finland in Jan, do you know if both i4 and Q4 are available for test drive in UK or Finland?
I did test drive the Q4 RWD and liked it more than I had expected. Handling and comfort were very good, acceleration not so good, but still enough for me. Some annoyances were there but not too bad.

I was close to ordering, but then I went with the i4 because I preferred it over the crossover. If you are out for a small SUV, with lots of interior space, it could be worth a try.

·
Registered
221 Posts
The Q4 was available, the i4 was not. This is the first car I get without a test drive and I hope I won't regret it. I got to drive the BMW iX3 which has the same drive unit, but is a SUV. If the handling of the i4 is as good I won't complain.

Can't say anything about UK or Finland, but I would think availability to be the same. But chip crisis...

·
Registered
27 Posts
I tested the Q4. It was my first choice because I really like Audi, and at this time I had never imagined buying a BMW …

But it was a huge disappointment. Not on the road, but the interior is just not Audi. Build quality, good materials and technology have always been the main qualities of Audi. It’s not here anymore with the Q4.
I also tested the Skoda Enyaq (to replace the second car). I have to say that I was way more impressed by this one than the Q4. Almost the same car (like the iD4 but I didn’t test this one), not the same price, and I found more pros for the Skoda.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes, the interior was more like VW than normal Audi, but with the worst things from the ID4 avoided. A little too much glossy plastics for my taste, but for me the car was good enough in other respects to make up for it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Thanks!
I guess they both are available for test drive in Germany? Dealers do not have any of these here in Canada, I will visit UK and Finland in Jan, do you know if both i4 and Q4 are available for test drive in UK or Finland?
Where in Canada are you? The i4 is on display across the dealers network for a couple of days on each of them, they are currently in the Montreal area in Quebec.
I got to see the car and sit on it last week here in Montreal.

Worst case you can get a feel by looking at a gas version of the 4 series Gran Coupe at any dealer, is basically the same car except for the display.

·
Registered
2015 BMW X5 30d
10 Posts
Thanks!
In Finland i4 is not yet available for test drive, but Q4’s are. A week ago my dealer had their first iX at showroom next to petrol engined 4-series GC

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Where in Canada are you? The i4 is on display across the dealers network for a couple of days on each of them, they are currently in the Montreal area in Quebec.
I got to see the car and sit on it last week here in Montreal.

Worst case you can get a feel by looking at a gas version of the 4 series Gran Coupe at any dealer, is basically the same car except for the display.
I'm in GTA. Thanks for the information

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
In Finland i4 is not yet available for test drive, but Q4’s are. A week ago my dealer had their first iX at showroom next to petrol engined 4-series GC
Thanks for the info, will go check it out when I am in Finland.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Too bad, I missed it... :-(
One thing I like about Audi is the satellite view of the map. Does i4 comes with satellite view?

Thanks
They were in your area a month or so ago.

The dealer in Ajax has a couple of videos showing the car.

·
Registered
A5
17 Posts
Too bad, I missed it... :-(
One thing I like about Audi is the satellite view of the map. Does i4 comes with satellite view?

Thanks
Not sure about the BMW maps themself but you can use Google maps with AA (or car play?)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts