BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cleanerwatt on YouTube took look into how the BMW i4 can compare against the Tesla Model 3.

Overall I think the i4 is going to be a serious competitor to the Model 3, especially when it comes to driving experience.

·
Registered
3 Posts
This is what I'm banking on. I drove a Performance Model and while the acceleration is awesome, the driving experience is worse than an SUV. Crappy suspension, lumbering feel from side to side to side in the turns and EV brakes tuned for regen no pedal feel.

Overall the Model 3 is an appliance built by the Tesla vision of Level 3 no more human Uber service. I'd prefer a practical sedan that's fun to drive.

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
9 Posts
I've driven my daughter's Tesla Model 3 several times. The handling and road feel are excellent. I also recently test drove the BMW 330e and the 430i. Both excellent as well. I assume the i4 will be better than the Model 3. I hope they update those reservation numbers. 2k reservations in the US say interest (outside the early adopter community) is not high. Also looking at a solar installation to put in at time of adapter. Frankly, from an economic perspective, the payoffs are not there. Next generation products will have much higher battery capacities, obsoleting earlier products. So high BMW depreciation will continue with EVs. Rationally, should wait - ahh, but the auto enthusiasts' heart.....

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
9 Posts
This is what I'm banking on. I drove a Performance Model and while the acceleration is awesome, the driving experience is worse than an SUV. Crappy suspension, lumbering feel from side to side to side in the turns and EV brakes tuned for regen no pedal feel.

Overall the Model 3 is an appliance built by the Tesla vision of Level 3 no more human Uber service. I'd prefer a practical sedan that's fun to drive.
Braking regeneration takes getting used to. The level can be adjusted in the settings. I like it. But I still prefer a manual transmission. What would be the point in an EV? Could it somehow extend range?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts