BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Love this video. Supposed that the battery-tech and charge systems are technically the same (I know that the battery is bigger on the iX), then this is a rather nice charging curve, much better than the likes of Tesla and so on. Hope it translates to the i4 as well :).

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Sorry about the time-link included in the link. Please just start the video from the beginning.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Love this video. Supposed that the battery-tech and charge systems are technically the same (I know that the battery is bigger on the iX), then this is a rather nice charging curve, much better than the likes of Tesla and so on. Hope it translates to the i4 as well :).
Wow!!!!

Chevy doesn't even include the charge rate for the Bolt in their marketing because it is so low.

So going from a Chevy Bolt that tops out at about 40kW to this is going to be amazing!

At 70-80% I'm usually getting about 14kW. Seeing that the I4 ends around 100 just makes me happy that this will be my new car.

I am also someone who doesn't mind taking an hour to charge from 10-80% at a fast charger with my bolt. I don't know what I'm going to do with all this extra free time when I get the I4. Haha

·
Registered
M140i, i4 M50
19 Posts
Wish they'd show it up to 100%. Some of the 900v EVs can get crazy charge rates all the way to max now. Would be good to see how the i4/iX/iX3 compare.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Wish they'd show it up to 100%. Some of the 900v EVs can get crazy charge rates all the way to max now. Would be good to see how the i4/iX/iX3 compare.
See this -

A good 400V system (EQS) can beat a good 800V system (e-tron GT) to 100%. The total amount of energy delivered becomes equal at about 26 minutes (timestamp 3:23).

1 - 10 of 10 Posts