BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In sophisto grey. Looks good. Pitty is not available in the i4.
By the way you can catch at least 4 m50s in the background!
After 10:00 you can see what the glass knob of iX produces. (Prism spectrum reflections at the seats) and after that a running stars screen saver while playing music and some other features of the iDrive 8.
After the 15:00 mark you can see how much the way you drive affects the range. Like tremendously! 255km to 550!!!
My friend Hans where are you?

·
Registered
655 Posts
Im happy to hear that the Idrive8 will automatically adjust your route if you need to go to a charger in order to reach your destination. and if the charger is unavaliable the idrive8 will navigate you to a alternative charger.

I think the running stars screen saver is only for cars with the B&W speakers (you may correct me if im wrong), so this feature will not be in the i4.

And that range predictor is really well implemented. What a great feature!

·
Registered
309 Posts
After the 15:00 mark you can see how much the way you drive affects the range. Like tremendously! 255km to 550!!!
Oh my @Lord, this should not be a surprise. We discussed min/max range of 300 to 580 kilometers for the i4 M50. The iX is just a bit heavier and less aerodynamic. It all makes perfect sense.

·
Registered
309 Posts
By the way, this iX is really growing on me. Especially in this color. I do not think we should directly compare it to an X5 or X7. It’s in a league of it‘s own. Focussed on high luxury travelling. It reminds me of the Renault Espace and Avantime. Fully focused on the the best travel experience a family can have. Concorde level of traveling (pardon my French).

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Focussed on high luxury travelling.
Yes I agree, that's the point of the car. The nice lady "explained" (sort of) that they purposely made the trunk smaller so the passengers have plenty of space like in a concorde!
Im happy to hear that the Idrive8 will automatically adjust your route if you need to go to a charger in order to reach your destination. and if the charger is unavaliable the idrive8 will navigate you to a alternative charger.

I think the running stars screen saver is only for cars with the B&W speakers (you may correct me if im wrong), so this feature will not be in the i4.

And that range predictor is really well implemented. What a great feature!
I think that the iDrive 8 will continue to surprise us positively. Even after we buy the car!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.