BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings fellow Canadians, i just wanted to make sure you are all aware of the "BMW Live reveal of the i4 and iX". I registered and really looking forward to it. Hope it lives up to the hype! Here is the link:

·
Registered
302 Posts
Hi DannoBills. That's great!
Have your phone fully charged and take lots of photos and videos to share with us here!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Not sure if anyone watched the BMW Live event this evening. I was a bit disapointed but I got some interesting bits of new info, unless its old news? First of all, no deliveries until March 2022, in Canada, which I think is expected. Also, BMW Canada has imported an i4 (RWD) and an iX from Germany, which they showed off. The i4 is Samreno Green, and it looked awesome. They announced that the 2 models they imported will be showed off at select Dealerships in Canada until November! So check your local Dealerhips for a date it might be on display! Now for my big disapointments: there was nothing "live" about the event, it was clearly pre recorded and scripted. Also, they mainly focused on the iX and not the i4. So they did not show off the i4 interior. I guess we will have to wait 😉 I think that replays will be available on YouTube soon... Cheers!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Here is the YouTube Video

Hopefully you guys up North will be able to see the i4 in person this Fall. I wish we would get the same chance as you guys to see the i4 in person.

Here is a screen capture of the i4.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here is the YouTube Video

Hopefully you guys up North will be able to see the i4 in person this Fall. I wish we would get the same chance as you guys to see the i4 in person.

Here is a screen capture of the i4.

View attachment 1374
Thanks so much for doing this. I am really surprised that BMW USA did not do this!? I am in contact with my Dealer and as soon as he gets his hands on it I will go see it and post my remarks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
When I placed my order in mid August the dealer told me that they would have a market launch event in November at their place and that they would send me an invitation. I assume that they then will have the car to show, else what would be the point. But let's see...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Brian Jessel in Vancouver will have the iX and i4 for a "launch" on Thurs Sept 9 at 6 PM, and should have it available the next day or two before it moves on. Looks like they will go West to East.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Brian Jessel in Vancouver will have the iX and i4 for a "launch" on Thurs Sept 9 at 6 PM, and should have it available the next day or two before it moves on. Looks like they will go West to East.
Awesome, thanks for the info!! My Dealer in Ontario has not heard yet, so good to know 👍

·
Registered
302 Posts
Glad to see another video with the i4 and the aventurine red colour.
The iX is full of gimmicks and I am pretty sure it will fail miserably in sales.
So ...camera inside the cabin to take pictures (and have Big Brother watching you),
Speakers at your ...butt and an inch from your ears,
not to mention a huge SUV with only. ..500 litters Boot space. (The iX3 has 510 and the X3 540)

Too bad they didn't show us more of the i4.
For 25+ minutes, this video is pointless and it was addressed to the lamest of buyers.

·
Registered
2017 340i
19 Posts
If BMW Canada insists on making the Harman Kardon upgrade for the i4 only available with the $11,500 Premium Enhanced Package, I'll pass on the car. How ludicrous is that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
If BMW Canada insists on making the Harman Kardon upgrade for the i4 only available with the $11,500 Premium Enhanced Package, I'll pass on the car. How ludicrous is that?
I totally agree! I want the Harman Kardon but i am not paying for a Premium package!

·
Registered
22 Posts
At least you guys get the option of the cheaper I4 40.
Not really, I'm guessing BMW Canada price the base under CAD$55k to qualify for various rebates. You almost certain, at the very minimum getting the essential package, which includes alarm, air con, sound system, heated seat (in Canada mind you), etc.

I don't see how the factory can make an i4 without any package.

·
Registered
2017 340i
19 Posts
The i4 will not be eligible for any Federal incentive rebates, as the maximum cap has been set at $45,000. In BC, purchasers are eligible for $3,000 rebates for vehicles costing less than $55,000. Quebec has offered $8,000 rebates for all-electric vehicles costing less than $60,000. Ontario dumped the rebate program a few years ago. :mad:

·
Registered
2017 340i
19 Posts
A/C and heated seats have been standard in most BMWs in Canada for a long time. It will tick me off if they become options on the i4.

·
Registered
MB GLA
63 Posts
A/C and heated seats have been standard in most BMWs in Canada for a long time. It will tick me off if they become options on the i4.
I understand your point and agree that at this price it should be standard!!! But I think that with the heat pump and big battery it will be not a problem to keep the interior warm.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts