1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

Looks like it is coming next month...

Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Personal luxury car

· Registered
281 Posts
Well if anyone wants to buy my crystal M shifter for the car I don't have yet....dammit

• Haha
Reactions: i4M50Guy and Faerch

· Registered
eDrive40 M Sport, 19", Tanzanite Blue II Metallic, Tech+, Comfort +, Visibility pack, Vernasca
80 Posts
Errmmm, regarding the snippet attached below (taken from the BMW site linked in the OP), this is an interesting, considering I can do this from my i4 already!!I took deliver of my car mid-Dec, and I already have the option to manually pre-condition my battery.

Rectangle Font Circle Screenshot Pattern

BMW have completely forgotten to mention the i4 here? This gives me hope that we might get the remote parking option also. Maybe, just maybe, they forgot to mention the i4 there as well lol

· Registered
281 Posts
So I was just thinking about the center console thing....I wonder if it would be worth it to backfit the old part to the new model if/when they change it to that damn switch instead of the shifter. Think BMW will keep the connections the same and just change the panel/shifter?

· Registered
170 Posts
I really wish I'd get that shifter in my car arriving next month. I don't like the look of BMW's old shifters, and they make getting to the cupholders a lot more difficult.

· Registered
170 Posts
So I was just thinking about the center console thing....I wonder if it would be worth it to backfit the old part to the new model if/when they change it to that damn switch instead of the shifter. Think BMW will keep the connections the same and just change the panel/shifter?
Yes, you'll definitely be able to. I've seen the reverse, where people switched out the new shifter (seen above) to the old one in the LCI 3 Series.

Reactions: takrdown

· Registered
281 Posts
I really wish I'd get that shifter in my car arriving next month. I don't like the look of BMW's old shifters, and they make getting to the cupholders a lot more difficult.
Maybe you and I can work something out? 😉 😉

• Love
Reactions: generic.user

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In the 3-Series LCI, the hardware (connectors) are the same, software is different between shifters consoles.

My guess is that late build i4 (late November, 2022) have the hardware and software compatible with March 2023 changes.

· Registered
I4 e40 m sport pro pack, Dravit Grey
281 Posts
Errmmm, regarding the snippet attached below (taken from the BMW site linked in the OP), this is an interesting, considering I can do this from my i4 already!!I took deliver of my car mid-Dec, and I already have the option to manually pre-condition my battery.

View attachment 22655

BMW have completely forgotten to mention the i4 here? This gives me hope that we might get the remote parking option also. Maybe, just maybe, they forgot to mention the i4 there as well lol
where do you switch it on? I have the latest software update now but still don’t appear to be able to do this.

· Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
718 Posts

· Registered
2022 Alpine White i4 edrive40 Sport
203 Posts
I like the space that the new shifter switch provides, but... Shifting from D to B mode feels so satisfying! It's a quality "gear" lever and I love pressing it left and right.

It will be missed... On my next car, probably. Haha.

· Registered
380 Posts

View attachment 22655
Most of us don't have this option. It's also not clear if this will be for newly built IXs or all through an update. Currently no IXs have the battery precondition option.

Reactions: i4M50Guy

· Registered
954 Posts
I'd be ok with the new shifter, in fact, I wish I had it. The positioning of the cupholders are a bit annoying, and getting rid of the gearshift knob would create a bit more room.

· Registered
281 Posts
I'd be ok with the new shifter, in fact, I wish I had it. The positioning of the cupholders are a bit annoying, and getting rid of the gearshift knob would create a bit more room.
Just like I offered to @generic.user , I'm sure you won't have trouble finding someone looking to do a swap.....I'm game if I end up with a "new style" shifter for sure!

Reactions: generic.user

· Registered
281 Posts
@Technic you always seem to have access to part numbers....how much is the old style shifter/center console?

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

· Registered
281 Posts

· Registered
954 Posts
Just like I offered to @generic.user , I'm sure you won't have trouble finding someone looking to do a swap.....I'm game if I end up with a "new style" shifter for sure!
it will be interesting to see if they can, in fact, be swapped!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts