Just red HERE that BMW removes touchscreen functionality in the main screen in specific models (not the i4 thankfully) to keep up the production rate. Not sure if its a global thing or just in the US. I hope we will not have to face issues like these in the near future but its shocking to expect your brand new car and right before delivery you learn that you will not be able to use the touchscreen. Thats crazy. It might to have to do with the orders they have for the i4 and the ix4. Models that are affected:
These vehicles will have the Option Code 6UY “Deletion of Touchscreen” on the Monroney and an option credit of $500 will be applied to all vehicles produced without touch functionality.
- G20 3 Series
- G22/G23 4 Series Coupe and Convertible
- G26 4 Series Gran Coupe (excluding i4)
- G29 Z4
- G05/G06/G07 (all variants)
This adjustment impacts all planned production for vehicles listed above, and as a result, we are unable to prioritize variants or P1 customer sold orders. We understand this change will require dialogue with customers awaiting delivery and additional action at the Client Advisor level.
Dealers will also be required to have customers sign a form confirming acknowledgement of the change.
With the inclusion of Option Code 6UY:
- Touch functionality will not be present in the aforementioned vehicles
- Other functionalities of the infotainment system (including Apple CarPlay and Android Auto) remain unaffected and can be used via the iDrive Controller and/or voice control
- Additionally, vehicles with Parking Assistant Package (5DN/ZPK) will lose Backup Assistant when coupled with 6UY
- These vehicles will have Option Code ZUY included in the build and Monroney labels to indicate “Deletion of Backup Assistant”