BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Towards the end of the video he seems to suggest that the future BMW will be able to change its shape based on the driving situation and the drivers mood.

That could be dangerous. Like the Krell in the "Forbidden Planet".

·
Registered
902 Posts
Not sure the 4 additional "My Modes" really enhance the driving, though the "Theater mode" might be the answer to Tesla video streaming to be used presumably during the charging breaks. And the last section about changing shape based on driving situation and drivers mood is really "out there". Ultimate WTF machine?

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you thought theatre mode was ridiculous wait til you see the screens on the dash board of this to Cadillac concept:

·
Registered
138 Posts
If you thought theatre mode was ridiculous wait til you see the screens on the dash board of this to Cadillac concept:
Wasn’t the theatre for the rear passengers?

from the BMW Video:
Display >31“, 8k x 2k resolution with Amazon FireTV integration and something about you can see it in production soon

·
Registered
902 Posts
If your kids focus on the screen, will it not increase the probability they get car sick from acceleration, deceleration and lateral G-forces? I think somebody said the combination of not looking outside and G-forces is what gets people sick.

·
Registered
813 Posts
POLICE DISPATCHER:
To all police vehicles in the Area. Follow a big SUV with no licence plates that changes colors!
:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
260 Posts
If your kids focus on the screen, will it not increase the probability they get car sick from acceleration, deceleration and lateral G-forces? I think somebody said the combination of not looking outside and G-forces is what gets people sick.
I believe the solution to that would be HUD movies on the rear side windows.

·
Registered
I4M50
125 Posts
Just an alternative and new variant of wrap.

I'm not sure this is cool after some initial wows - and the longevity / tear resistance is probably not the best.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Just an alternative and new variant of wrap.

I'm not sure this is cool after some initial wows - and the longevity / tear resistance is probably not the best.
I wonder how they route the electricity and connect to the wrap though, especially to be able to create patterns on the wrap. But I agree with you, it's one thing to do e-ink on an e-reader designed to be used inside and handled with are, it's another thing to expose it to outside weather, gravel projections, and bird poop... Also, "fender benders" will become A LOT more expensive!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts