BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I discover this video published by BMW in the beginning of the year, in reaction to the bad reception of the iX by the fans
馃槚

Registered
The i4 is getting me back to the brand. If I wanted a big SUV, I'd probably go for the Rivian Astro Boy.

But whoever made this video should be fired.

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wouldn't have bet that you would like this ad!

Did you notice that IX never talks about driving? Just tech stuff that will be obsolete before it's out? And the young/old female/male opposition is absolutely pathetic.
BMW should have created a new brand for its EVs, or better separate BMWi, I find its speech completely schizophrenic, especially when you know that non-EVs still represent 95% of their sales.
Automotive parking light Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle

Registered
I wouldn't have bet that you would like this ad!

Did you notice that IX never talks about driving? Just tech stuff that will be obsolete before it's out? And the young/old female/male opposition is absolutely pathetic.
BMW should have created a new brand for its EVs, or better separate BMWi, I find its speech completely schizophrenic, especially when you know that non-EVs still represent 95% of their sales.
View attachment 2873
Yes...you're right on your points for sure. I did like that it wasn't the normal bourgeois ad I'm used to seeing from them though. Ads that look very much targeted to wealthy sort of out of touch people. Like the one with the two middle aged white guys DJing then the elderly creepy guy trying to impress the pretty young girl with his i4. Deeply cringy.

Registered
Let's face it, the iX was created mostly for the Chinese who love the big grille, big and imposing SUVs and touch screen everything. I suppose that if BMW gets good cash from the Chinese market, that cash allows it to build the cars that the rest of the world (and the true BMW lovers like the subscribers to this forum) truly like - like the i4. There is another thread about "true" EVs, I personally don't care about that, I want a BMW that feels and drives like a BMW, and not only I'm OK with it looking like the ICE BMWs, I am enjoying in advance the surprise on ICE "muscle" cars (or pumped up full-size pick-up trucks, the worse) that will try to race me assuming I've got a "middle-age's luxury" BMW.
This being said, the video is entertaining, even if there are multiple faux pas in the current political correctness ethos. And that's OK, those who are offended by the jokes should remember that life would be so boring if nobody dares joke for fear of offending. My glass is half full!

Registered
Marketers are marketers because they could not master the math to become engineers so they are trying to out engineer Engineers and end up screwing up Engineer's work :cool: . See Laurent Schmidt's

Discussion Starter · #12 ·
See Laurent Schmidt's
Since I've been interested in EVs, their ugliness has always been an obstacle. In 2015 I basically had the choice between the Leaf and the Zoe, I was really happy to discover the i4 in 2021!
Car Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Tire

Registered
Personally, I used to dislike BMW and I never thought I could ever buy one. I'm a big fan of Audi (but very disappointed by their last models) and I had a Mercedes before, and a couple of more "exotic" cars (I drove a DS7 during 3 years and really enjoyed this car).

But BMW started to seduce me with that big grill. I find the 4 series, i4, iX way more attractive than the previous generations. And I ended up ordering an i4 M50 ...
So maybe that BMW's strategy is not that bad. At least it works on people like me ...

Registered
I find the 4 series, i4, iX way more attractive than the previous generations. And I ended up ordering an i4 M50 ...
So maybe that BMW's strategy is not that bad. At least it works on people like me ...
I do agree that the big "beaver teeth" grill looks a lot better on an i4 than the ICE 4 series, not quite sure why, may be the combination of the fully closed "grill" and the openings below it and the side air intakes combine into a fairly cohesive look. Or I'm getting used to seeing those teeth. Anyway, I lived the longest in Canada, so go Beaver BMW!

Registered
Since I've been interested in EVs, their ugliness has always been an obstacle. In 2015 I basically had the choice between the Leaf and the Zoe, I was really happy to discover the i4 in 2021!
Nice comparison...I'm getting used to the big grill and if I had a choice between it and a jelly bean body as with all the other photos, I'd take the grill

1 - 15 of 15 Posts