BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
Nice hehe
I was reading elsewhere too, that 154 i4s, were registered in Germany in November..
Hmmm... 154 registered in Germany in November, from the first one off the factory on 24-Nov-2021. Assuming a week from produced to delivered, and the first month almost exclusive to the home market, it means about 7-8 i4s per day out of the production line, really not inconsistent with the YouTubes of the factory and a "Pilot production". Sounds like everything is going to plan. Thanks for the news @XtBimmer! Good chances production will be allocated in January for the 2nd wave (Q2 2022), and good chance I might have a slot in there, pulled in from my original Q3 slot.

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Some were also delivered in Norway, Netherlands and France. I am seeing 230 confirmed i4 deliveries in Electric Vehicle registrations in Europe: 11 countries, 80+% of BEV market
@Mycroft , time for your charts. The link from @aigarius actually can be dissected into countries and months, so the actual YTD number of 230 is 228 in November and 2 so far in December (with some data lag, I'll assume). The 228 in November comprise 152 in Germany, 54 in the Netherlands, 20 in France (yes!) and 2 in Norway. We can see the progress by country month after month.

·
1,030 Posts
@Mycroft , time for your charts. The link from @aigarius actually can be dissected into countries and months, so the actual YTD number of 230 is 228 in November and 2 so far in December (with some data lag, I'll assume). The 228 in November comprise 152 in Germany, 54 in the Netherlands, 20 in France (yes!) and 2 in Norway. We can see the progress by country month after month.
this site is a gold mine, I will dig it

·
Registered
2016 435i convertible
426 Posts
What would be nice is to know how many have been delivered to actual buyers and how many are there as demo vehicles. Its reasonable for the company to want to make sure demo vehicles are available, but at the same time unreasonable because they already have more orders than they can handle in a reasonable time frame. It would also be a shame to equip demo vehicles with items requiring chips that are in short supply at the expense of customers.

·
Registered
318 Posts
We need the people who got deliveries to come on this website to give us all information about the smallest details.

·
1,030 Posts
What would be nice is to know how many have been delivered to actual buyers and how many are there as demo vehicles. Its reasonable for the company to want to make sure demo vehicles are available, but at the same time unreasonable because they already have more orders than they can handle in a reasonable time frame. It would also be a shame to equip demo vehicles with items requiring chips that are in short supply at the expense of customers.
Considering the feedback on the internet: I would say about 50 for the people, the rest for the dealers

·
1,030 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
@Mycroft, seems like the iX had a 2 months hyatus and has recovered in November; otherwise, if we are taking the slightly optimistic view that the i4 will follow the curve of the iX3 (contrary to the iX, it is based on an existing model, not a brand new platform), we would expect roughly another 200 in December, then 1500 in Q1, 3500-3600 in Q2, and then it would not level off like the iX3 but will likely keep on climbing. My previous estimation was 60/day through Q1 (3900 for the quarter) and 120/day in Q2 (7800 for the quarter), so I was optimistic by a quarter approximately. We will see though, there is still a possibility BMW goes faster than usual since it is the combination of a known chassis (90% body in common with 1000/day 3-4 series) and a known powertrain (iX got 900-some in November). But the wildcard is component shortages.

·
Registered
135 Posts
At least they communicate their intentions and what the plan might be. I hope their dealers become more informed and we can have a realistic build date.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
It also looks like bmw is tiny:
If BMW makes good on their promise to bring the i4 to 50% of their Plan Munich production by (the end of) 2023, they'd be at 500/day or 10 000/month (12 000 if they work Saturdays), that's Tesla Model 3 level. I do think they are planning on it, they are extremely irritated by the intrusion of those Americans in their backyard (witness the comment from Oliver Zipse BMW CEO Takes Shot at Tesla's Quality and "Premium" Status). I'm willing to bet we all get our cars no later than next September.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts