BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I wanted to tell everyone how you can take steps to ensure you get your 1.9% rate honored:

My wife and I went to the dealership, and they were playing hardball on not budging from 2.9%. We eventually had to tell them to call BMW FS. We basically laid out that they were on grounds for us filing a complaint with the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau. We had the CFPB website pulled with the article, showing what they were doing was exactly what the CFPB could fine them for.

Eventually, they caved in. If there are enough complaints for those who still won't get the 1.9% honored, then I'd file a CFPB complaint. If there are enough, you all could get rewards for the damage from the misleading advertisement.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just an FYI, I called BMW FS to inquire about the 1.9% financing on BMW Select. For those of us who pre-ordered before Jan 1, the 1.9% rate is available for both TRADITIONAL FINANCING up to 60 months as well as for the BMW SELECT option. As long as you have a 740+ credit score, pre-ordered, and the Select option is available in your state (it is available here in Virginia), then you are eligible for the low rate across the spectrum (excluding lease option).

BMW leases seem to be crap right now, so it may be advantageous to buy versus lease.

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 m50
4 Posts
The issue is with the dealer(s) marking up the rate to make money on the loan. The dealer can mark up to 1% above the interest rate that BMW FS gives you.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts