BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My dealer (Bowker Preston) just told me their build slot allocations have been put back to Q1 2022 from current. Anyone else heard this news.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was told build slots were being released in september, my estimated delivery date was 28th november. Now slots only to be released Q1 2022 and there could be a price increase.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Production only starts in November, so I’d say your dealer was overly optimistic about a Nov delivery.

Bit of a worry if build slots are only being assigned in 2022 though. I wonder if the microchip shortage has delayed production start?

·
Registered
155 Posts
That doesn't sound too good. Heard the same about a price increase here in Norway, this coming month. Assuming this won't affect those of us who have already signed a contract with the dealer. Word here is that build slot allocation would happen in October, with demo cars available from November.
Informal estimate of them has been Q1 for me and Q4 for new buyers today. I asked if the sudden leap in delivery time meant mine was also delayed, dealer didn't think so, but don't think they knew.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Price increase is surely more to do with local taxes etc? BMW will hardly increase the base price before a single car has been delivered.

On delivery times I know if you preorder in the US now you’ll be quoted Summer 2022 delivery. March & June delivery allocations we’re filled pretty quickly.

·
Registered
26 Posts
My order is already including the Danish rates for 2022 (think it was ~3% increase). Denmark is known for heavy prices on vehicles (also EVs now) - it put my M50 up to a staggering 101K EUR (all options but without M-seats and Carbon exterior pack - these 2 options alone are ~12K EUR in Denmark). Looking at delivery february/march 22'.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I notice there are many people here with newer BMWs. Will BMW in any circumstance increase the price on existing orders if the prices go up from the factory? The contract I wrote with the dealer does allow a price adjustment, but it seems that acting on it will put the brand in a pretty bad light.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I notice there are many people here with newer BMWs. Will BMW in any circumstance increase the price on existing orders if the prices go up from the factory? The contract I wrote with the dealer does allow a price adjustment, but it seems that acting on it will put the brand in a pretty bad light.
BMW will probably not adjust any pricing. Your local governmental taxes might be adjusted though - as in Denmark. They already know the rates for 2022 in Denmark - and as they know my car will be delivered in 2022 the price simply follows the 2022 schedule. In case your country will adjust some taxes before you get your delivery - you will probably suffer from that (depending on which way they adjust ;))

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes, the communists won the election this year, so they are increasing taxes for the ‘rich’, meaning this car will be more expensive. But no one knows if it’s coming in January or July. Not gonna be too bad for me, but my colleague that’s buying a Taycan, she’s lying awake at night fearing those taxes!

·
Registered
32 Posts
The Irish budget is announced in a few weeks time. I don’t expect EVs to get increased tax, the government are trying to move people away from petrol & diesel so those will get hit instead.

as for factory price increase, it would be a very odd thing to do considering the price was only announced 3 months ago, orders full based on that price well into 2022, and not a single car delivered yet.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Right, I agree, it would be in case of substantial extra cost because of this microchip bonanza. Then again, I'd think a big manufacturer like BMW has locked in rates for these things for years in advance.

·
Registered
302 Posts
BMW will hardly increase the base price before a single car has been delivered.
I hope BMW isn't like Mercedes at this.
I remember the dealer calling me (years ago) to tell me that the base price of a CLK went from 45800 to 46600 before any car delivered in my country.

Also a friend of mine was interested for the GLB200. The base price (posted in every site and magazine) was X euros (I don't remember the actual price). She was ready to place the order and the same day the price went up 6 or 8.000!!! A couple weeks later Mercedes released GLB180 with price higher than the initial (not even a month old) price of the 200.
For me it's a reason to avoid the brand. (And I could think many more.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
I spoke to my pusher yesterday. So fare I think progress of produktion is as planned. From early june delivery in northern europe ( I'm i DK ) was planned to be feb / mar 2022. Thats still their expectation. I think most salespersonal, just fire away... Production starts november. First batches is HEA-cars. Thats according to early plans. And that is stil the plan. Also early on, launch was expected at IAA sept. 6th. at Munich. Which was correct. Some amount of patience is surely needed.

·
Registered
25 Posts
When I ordered my M50 in Denmark a few weeks back, I was told that the prices announced was for 2022. Last week, a salesperson from another BMW dealership confirmed that there would be no price increase for 2022, so fairly sure that prices will stay put.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When I ordered my M50 in Denmark a few weeks back, I was told that the prices announced was for 2022. Last week, a salesperson from another BMW dealership confirmed that there would be no price increase for 2022, so fairly sure that prices will stay put.
Same here - also DK.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I spoke to my dealer last week as I wanted to add on the visibility pack. He said my build was showing week 52 delivery so had moved back 2 weeks. I pre ordered the first day I could so I will be pretty high up the list in the uk. Not expecting it this year though I must admit.

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
19 Posts
So long as the chip shortage persists, orders will be pushed back and prices are likely to rise.

·
Registered
32 Posts
^^^ chip shortage hasn’t delayed the iX3 or iX production. I’d be surprised if it hasn’t already been factored into i4 timelines. BMW doesn’t seem to be impacted as much as other manufacturers.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts