BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I'm new here and have a quick question. I've searched the forums as this has probably already been discussed but I couldn't find anything recent on this.

I've just reserved an i4 yesterday in the Glasgow branch in Scotland. The salesman said they don't have any build slots available yet.

Does anyone have any idea when new build slots are allocated? I've got a feeling I'm going to be paying ridiculous diesel prices for a long time to come.

Thanks in advance

Dan

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Dan, Glasgow user here too - In the end I ended up going to Vertu Sunderland for a lease deal but as far as I'm aware they don't have any confirmed production dates (same as Douglas Park if that's who you are with). I think it's still early days just now I'm afraid.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I ordered at the beginning of December. It wouldn't surprise me if it is a month or two before I get a production date.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm in England not Scotland but I imagine it won't be too dissimilar. I preordered 6th June, not sure exactly when my order was placed but last update is 11th November when it was moved to status 111. So technically does not even have a locked in production date yet (even though the original ETA for delivery for my order was 30th December 2021!).

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
21 Posts
Just heard from my dealer (oreder placed 27 December) - no build slots allocated to them yet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone. Over in Northern Ireland here. M50 ordered in min October and still no build date here either.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi mate,

Yeah its Douglas Park I went to. I spoke to a lad in the hamilton branch and he was quoting Q2 2022 for delivery which now I'm thinking is probably nonsense given the no build slots.

Will just need to wait and see.

Thanks for the reply

·
Registered
125 Posts
Dealers are really just guessing at the moment, I don't think they have any better idea than us (i.e. no idea at all!)

I ordered a month before you and was given a rough estimate of September. Who knows though?

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got my test drive at Douglas Park - great staff to be honest but I ended up with a cheaper lease elsewhere which is unfortunate. A friend has an i3 and 5 series touring and he swears by the exceptional service that Douglas Park provide.

Yeah, it's a waiting game just now however for what it's worth, I contact a lot of dealers and lease brokers all of which pretty much confirmed a similar ETA so I think that's the info they are getting from BMW rather than just making it up for sales.

Believe it or not but as much as I'm excited for an early delivery, I actually don't need the car until October as thats when my existing lease is up, I order early due to shortages and was told it would be June/July but that's still a bit too early for me. I know the excitement will take over and I'll end up taking it straight away and then worrying about paying for two lease cars for a few months :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered in early November with projected delivery of August 22.
I’m in Cumbria, so almost Scotland. Also, my December test drive was up to Gretna…
The U.K. launch was initially October, but is now pushed back to March. So, further sliding back seems likely… Especially with COVID affecting production and supply.
However, on the positive, the longer it slides the better the northern BEV charging infrastructure will get… Though, the older my present 340i gets. It’s one of the first 340i‘s on a 16 plate. COVID stopped my replacing it in 2020 at the end of the PCP as I couldn’t get another factory order. Kind of glad it did, otherwise I’d just be in a newer 340i right now instead of having an i4 on order.
I will be slightly annoyed if it runs on too far. I will have to spend on my present car next summer for tyres, servicing etc. I’m running my winter tyres out this winter. I will be really annoyed if it really drags out to 2023. I’ll have to get another set of winters for my present car and they will not transfer this time.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Fingers crossed eh! I'm not really expecting much info until at least March so currently sitting on my hands :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I got my test drive at Douglas Park - great staff to be honest but I ended up with a cheaper lease elsewhere which is unfortunate. A friend has an i3 and 5 series touring and he swears by the exceptional service that Douglas Park provide.

Yeah, it's a waiting game just now however for what it's worth, I contact a lot of dealers and lease brokers all of which pretty much confirmed a similar ETA so I think that's the info they are getting from BMW rather than just making it up for sales.

Believe it or not but as much as I'm excited for an early delivery, I actually don't need the car until October as thats when my existing lease is up, I order early due to shortages and was told it would be June/July but that's still a bit too early for me. I know the excitement will take over and I'll end up taking it straight away and then worrying about paying for two lease cars for a few months :D
Yeah my deal is up in Nov so no rush for the car, only decided to order now as like you say the lead times are long atm. Can't stop watching videos of it though and I'm driving my wife nuts and it's only be less than a week since placing the order, haha can't believe I was actually considering a Tesla at 1 point

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I ordered in early November with projected delivery of August 22.
I’m in Cumbria, so almost Scotland. Also, my December test drive was up to Gretna…
The U.K. launch was initially October, but is now pushed back to March. So, further sliding back seems likely… Especially with COVID affecting production and supply.
However, on the positive, the longer it slides the better the northern BEV charging infrastructure will get… Though, the older my present 340i gets. It’s one of the first 340i‘s on a 16 plate. COVID stopped my replacing it in 2020 at the end of the PCP as I couldn’t get another factory order. Kind of glad it did, otherwise I’d just be in a newer 340i right now instead of having an i4 on order.
I will be slightly annoyed if it runs on too far. I will have to spend on my present car next summer for tyres, servicing etc. I’m running my winter tyres out this winter. I will be really annoyed if it really drags out to 2023. I’ll have to get another set of winters for my present car and they will not transfer this time.
I'm similar where I have an X6 atm that I'm trying not to spend on as it will need tyres by the end of the year so will be gutted if I need to put 4 new tyres on then get rid of it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yeah my deal is up in Nov so no rush for the car, only decided to order now as like you say the lead times are long atm. Can't stop watching videos of it though and I'm driving my wife nuts and it's only be less than a week since placing the order, haha can't believe I was actually considering a Tesla at 1 point
That's exactly like me just now with the videos and the wife haha - It's going to be a long summer I think!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts