• Production moved to an earlier week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scheduled for production (e35)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't seen any discussion for this build week yet, so I thought I'd start it. I ordered my car in early October 2022, and for now, it's stated to be produced in January 2023 (week 04). I don't have a VIN yet, as far as I know.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just added a poll. Good luck to everyone scheduled for Week 04!

Reactions: Derfdiggler

· Registered
138 Posts
Me too!

The factory is closed week 51, 52, 1, 2, so 3 is up next, then 4. Some of the week 3 people have been getting VIN's since the factory is closed until then.

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Me too!

The factory is closed week 51, 52, 1, 2, so 3 is up next, then 4. Some of the week 3 people have been getting VIN's since the factory is closed until then.
Is this your first build week allocation, or were you moved to week 4 from a previous week? I'm kind of nervous seeing all the crossed out week numbers in people's signatures. This is my first build week allocation.

· Registered
138 Posts
Is this your first build week allocation, or were you moved to week 4 from a previous week? I'm kind of nervous seeing all the crossed out week numbers in people's signatures. This is my first build week allocation.
this was my original week for this allocation, but I’m not sure if it moved around before I got it. At this point I think it’s less of a risk on the e40, it seems like they’re getting production numbers up.

when did you originally place your order?

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this was my original week for this allocation, but I’m not sure if it moved around before I got it. At this point I think it’s less of a risk on the e40, it seems like they’re getting production numbers up.

when did you originally place your order?
Order was placed on October 3rd, 2022. However, I was told that I was given someone else's allocation after they cancelled. I'm kind of doubting the authenticity of that claim. I think they just said that to my dad who had a talk with them about expediting my order, as he's been a loyal customer and bought several cars from this dealership. When did you place your order?

Has anyone seen a VIN for this week 4 production group?
Assuming I haven't been bumped, I'll be checking with my dealer on Monday. Fingers crossed!

· Registered
138 Posts
Order was placed on October 3rd, 2022. However, I was told that I was given someone else's allocation after they cancelled. I'm kind of doubting the authenticity of that claim. I think they just said that to my dad who had a talk with them about expediting my order, as he's been a loyal customer and bought several cars from this dealership. When did you place your order?

Assuming I haven't been bumped, I'll be checking with my dealer on Monday. Fingers crossed!
I placed my order on 28 Dec 2022, my allocation was pretty mature at that point. The e40 isn’t as popular where I live. When we were placing my order he showed me the order book for M50 and it was twenty or thirty people long with no allocations in sight, so if you ordered in October and have a production week, that’s pretty good!

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I went to my dealer on a whim today, and my car is now at status 150 with a VIN! I was able to add it to the My BMW app!

Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Hood

· Registered
138 Posts
I went to my dealer on a whim today, and my car is now at status 150 with a VIN! I was able to add it to the My BMW app!

View attachment 21826
also, does the website reflect the accurate VIN and status? Sometimes the website is slow and that’s all I’ve checked at this point. Maybe I could be surprised if I checked with the dealer…

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
also, does the website reflect the accurate VIN and status? Sometimes the website is slow and that’s all I’ve checked at this point. Maybe I could be surprised if I checked with the dealer…
I actually have never been able to get the website to show me anything. It gives me an error when I try to login, use the VIN, etc., I just get an error. I think that might be a Canada issue. Are you using the production number on the website?

· Registered
138 Posts
I actually have never been able to get the website to show me anything. It gives me an error when I try to login, use the VIN, etc., I just get an error. I think that might be a Canada issue. Are you using the production number on the website?
Yeah, I’m just going to My Garage and it appears in there. I had to add it using the production number before it would appear.

· Registered
138 Posts

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It looks like my car is indeed still week 4, but no VIN, so you must have been bumped forward!
Hopefully some good news soon! Keep us posted!

· Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
@generic.user can you ask your dealer what your new production week is if you have been bumped? I am assuming you are now week 3?
@collinsc @SaintEngineer It still shows week 04. From what I understand, that's the week that production should be completed by (i.e. it must surpass status code 155 by then), and it takes about 1-2 weeks to go from status 150 to 160 (according to bimmerfest-guide-to-tracking-your-bmw-from-factory-to-dealership.683), which puts me at the end of week 03/beginning of week 04.

Just to clarify, I see 3 different weeks on my VIR, and I'm assuming everyone is talking about the "Conf. (confirmed?) production week", which shows 04/01/2023. I also have "Req. (requested?) production week": 42/10/2022, and "Sub. (???) production week": 49/12/2022.

I hope you guys receive some good news soon!

1 - 20 of 72 Posts