• Production moved to an earlier week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Scheduled for production (e35)

Votes: 0 0.0%
21 - 40 of 66 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

Registered
@collinsc @SaintEngineer It still shows week 04. From what I understand, that's the week that production should be completed by (i.e. it must surpass status code 155 by then), and it takes about 1-2 weeks to go from status 150 to 160 (according to bimmerfest-guide-to-tracking-your-bmw-from-factory-to-dealership.683), which puts me at the end of week 03/beginning of week 04.

Just to clarify, I see 3 different weeks on my VIR, and I'm assuming everyone is talking about the "Conf. (confirmed?) production week", which shows 04/01/2023. I also have "Req. (requested?) production week": 42/10/2022, and "Sub. (???) production week": 49/12/2022.

I hope you guys receive some good news soon!
The dates on the VIR are meaningless.

My car had a date of 5/23/2022. It's now 1/17/2023 and body assembly just started

Waiting for my M50......

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
The dates on the VIR are meaningless.

My car had a date of 5/23/2022. It's now 1/17/2023 and body assembly just started

Waiting for my M50......
Ya, I guess until you have a VIN, things are up in the air :/ I'm still surprised it took so long to get yours. I wonder what the reason was. Issue with your specific configuration, perhaps? The 20" option is so rare, that might've been why yours was held up for so long, and why ours are produced around the same date, even though I ordered in October (2022). Maybe they just got the 20" production back up recently?

Registered
Not sure where to post this question. And perhaps a dumb one, but, do Geniuses have any ability to modify or change orders and/or impact order status?
No.
You have to go back to the dealer for any modifications of order. They give status only.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: idbar

Registered
Ya, I guess until you have a VIN, things are up in the air :/ I'm still surprised it took so long to get yours. I wonder what the reason was. Issue with your specific configuration, perhaps? The 20" option is so rare, that might've been why yours was held up for so long, and why ours are produced around the same date, even though I ordered in October (2022). Maybe they just got the 20" production back up recently?
A VIN is really the determination. With no supply chain issues "scheduled for production" normally comes 4 weeks before production begins. But now any part shortage can get you kicked.

It may have been the 20" wheels or something else. My car has all options except for ventilated seats and exterior carbon. So anything could have delayed my car. With all the waiting I added individual leather.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: generic.user

Registered
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
With all the waiting I added individual leather.

Waiting for my M50......
I鈥檓 envious! I really wanted to order individual leather, but was too worried thinking it might cause a delay. I settled for the Nappa leather dashboard, and Vernasca leather seats. I鈥檓 curious to see if i鈥檒l get the left side glovebox, likr the individual leather cars get, since we should theoretically have the same dashboard.

Registered
I鈥檓 envious! I really wanted to order individual leather, but was too worried thinking it might cause a delay. I settled for the Nappa leather dashboard, and Vernasca leather seats. I鈥檓 curious to see if i鈥檒l get the left side glovebox, likr the individual leather cars get, since we should theoretically have the same dashboard.
I was already delayed for six months and had been pushed out again. At that point, not knowing if I'd get pushed again, I just went for it.

For the difference in price with vernasca leather and a leather dash, you should have went for full individual. Only a small increment once you get the dash.

Funny enough I was told I couldn't get the dash in the US by itself.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: generic.user

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Got my VIN today. Production starts next week, just as promised. Ordered 1st of August 2022 in The Netherlands. So my individual M50 will arrive at my dealer in week 6. Lucky to be located near The factor.
AWESOME! Makes me happy seeing so many people get VINs. Please post lots of pictures when you get your car! I'll probably get mine in April in Canada.

Reactions: BMWlepto

Registered
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Got my VIN earlier this week, car should roll off the assembly line by the end of next week.
Placed my order in October 21, expected delivery week 9.
Long waiting time in Norway, but i think it will be worth it :)
Nice!! You placed your order in October of 2021 or 2022? 馃

Registered
Got my VIN today. Production starts next week, just as promised. Ordered 1st of August 2022 in The Netherlands. So my individual M50 will arrive at my dealer in week 6. Lucky to be located near the factory.
You ordered an i4 M50 in August 2022 and already got a VIN? That's great news!

I'm not seeing any movement on my M50 ordered since July 2022 here in the US. But hopefully things start moving along on this side of the planet!

Did you get a production number earlier?

Registered
2023 i4 M50 Individual Brass Metallic
You ordered an i4 M50 in August 2022 and already got a VIN? That's great news!

I'm not seeing any movement on my M50 ordered since July 2022 here in the US. But hopefully things start moving along on this side of the planet!

Did you get a production number earlier?
Yes August ordered, in October production number. Since December status 112, subjected production week 4. And it stayed this way. Got a VIN yesterday. Already added the car to the Mybmw app garage. 馃槏 Bimmer.work checked if it has al the options i selected. Luckily that's the case 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Is anyone past status 150? Trying to gauge my status based on others in week 04. In Canada, there is no way to track our cars besides asking for a VIR from the CA. I'm trying my best to hold off on asking until Feb 1st for my own sanity 馃槅

Registered
Is anyone past status 150? Trying to gauge my status based on others in week 04. In Canada, there is no way to track our cars besides asking for a VIR from the CA. I'm trying my best to hold off on asking until Feb 1st for my own sanity 馃槅
I鈥檓 still 150, I expect we鈥檒l see them starting to move today or tomorrow as it takes 3d to complete the build.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
So, I gave in and asked my CA for another VIR, and my car is now status 190 with an expected arrival date of Feb 26th! I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds amazing. Looks like I'll have my car a lot earlier than I anticipated!

Reactions: ssh and BMWlepto
21 - 40 of 66 Posts