Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Production moved to an earlier week

• Scheduled for production (e35)

41 - 60 of 66 Posts

· Registered
128 Posts
So, I gave in and asked my CA for another VIR, and my car is now status 190 with an expected arrival date of Feb 26th! I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds amazing. Looks like I'll have my car a lot earlier than I anticipated!
Woah! You must have been produced last week even though your build week said 4

· Registered
37 Posts
So, I gave in and asked my CA for another VIR, and my car is now status 190 with an expected arrival date of Feb 26th! I don't know how accurate that is, but it sounds amazing. Looks like I'll have my car a lot earlier than I anticipated!
Yes I knew there was no way the car would take 3 months to arrive after status 150.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
@collinsc how are you receiving that update? My BMW app? In Canada, it just says "Delivery Underway" with no detailed status or notifications :(

· Registered
128 Posts
@generic.user I built that to run in the background on a server, then I built an apple shortcut that gets all the data about my car from the BMW api. I wonder if it would work for yours anyway even though you're in canada...

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 · (Edited)
@generic.user I built that to run in the background on a server, then I built an apple shortcut that gets all the data about my car from the BMW api. I wonder if it would work for yours anyway even though you're in canada...
Nifty! Unfortunately, I doubt it. I believe it requires the ability to see your car on the website, right? I can log on through the app, but I can’t log on through the website (or, I can, but I can't add my car. When I enter the VIN, it doesn't find it. It did in the app, and I can see the car there). It did allow me to login through the US My BMW website, and found my car's VIN, but it requires me to put in a US address before I can see my car. I’m worried that putting a fake US address would cause issues for my account when the car is delivered, so as tempting as it is, I've opted to just wait.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Is anyone else in a jurisdiction that requires front plates but doesn't want to run plates or is planning on using a tow hook mounted plate? My biggest motivation for wanting to track the car accurately is so that I can be sure they don't put the front plate on. I have anxiety thinking about it tbh. Based on this thread (When and how to inform dealer about delivery preferences? (ex. don’t install front plate), I'm trying to be ok with the thought that they might drill the bumper and put the front plate on regardless of my preference. I don't want to be too disappointed if that happens :( If I can go see the car the day it's delivered (before it's ready, I will try to put the tow hook mount on or otherwise leave a note on the car itself not to drill the bumper.

· Registered
128 Posts
Is anyone else in a jurisdiction that requires front plates but doesn't want to run plates or is planning on using a tow hook mounted plate? My biggest motivation for wanting to track the car accurately is so that I can be sure they don't put the front plate on. I have anxiety thinking about it tbh. Based on this thread (When and how to inform dealer about delivery preferences? (ex. don’t install front plate), I'm trying to be ok with the thought that they might drill the bumper and put the front plate on regardless of my preference. I don't want to be too disappointed if that happens :( If I can go see the car the day it's delivered (before it's ready, I will try to put the tow hook mount on or otherwise leave a note on the car itself not to drill the bumper.
They technically require it where I live but the dealer lets us “do that ourselves” - I.e. nobody actually installs the front plate.

· Registered
128 Posts
Woah -- what is that shortcut/app? I have a February allocation slot and would love to obsessively track status :)
It’s a shortcut, but let me clean it up a bit and I can make a version that you can use. It’s fun having it on my Home Screen because each time I hit it I roll the dice about getting a new update!

Reactions: FirmRip

· Registered
[Ordered] BMW i4 M50
8 Posts
Would you be willing to share any code? I have a server at home as well and a background in software dev and would love to be able to track the build process this way (once the dealership confirms the order on their end).

· Registered
128 Posts
Would you be willing to share any code? I have a server at home as well and a background in software dev and would love to be able to track the build process this way (once the dealership confirms the order on their end).
Sure! Let me change a couple things and I'll post a repo here.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Just notify the dealer not to install the front plate. My dealer asks before doing that.

Waiting for my M50......

• Sad
Reactions: generic.user

· Registered
128 Posts
Here’s an Apple shortcut that I believe will work and be easy for people to use, not sure though because I only have my own BMW account to test with. Could be other identifiers in there that I’d need to extract for it to work using someone else’s account.

I’ll put the link back once I fix it ;)

It sends your MyBMW credential straight to the same API that the My Garage section uses, then returns to you some of the key data. Right now it just shows you status number, short description, VIN, and production date.

Use at your own risk though, since it authenticates each time you mash the button, you don’t want to get too trigger happy.

In the text elements inside the shortcut, just replace the login info with your own email/password, then each time you run it it’ll login as if you were using a web browser.

edit: the first time you run, it’ll ask you for access to both the endpoints it uses. The login api, and the garage api. Shouldn’t need to allow it any time after that.

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
@collinsc Interestingly enough, the above shortcut returns your car's status (eDrive40, status 155, completion date: 2023.01.26). Where did you get the client ID from? 🤔

· Registered
128 Posts
@collinsc Interestingly enough, the above shortcut returns your car's status (eDrive40, status 155, completion date: 2023.01.26). Where did you get the client ID from? 🤔
Hah! Client ID comes out of the original request to the login API but that is surprising a token unassociated with it will give you a different accounts data… hmmmm

· Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Hah! Client ID comes out of the original request to the login API but that is surprising a token unassociated with it will give you a different accounts data… hmmmm
Definitely a serious security concern. I tried to use Postman to make the initial request, but it requires client_id 🤔

· Registered
2023 i4 M50 Individual Brass Metallic
23 Posts
My M50 just jumped to status 152 paint shop started. I guess they will complete the build beginning of next week. Still expecting to see it in person on 10 Feb at my dealer. Can’t wait to see it.

41 - 60 of 66 Posts