BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 32?

1 - 20 of 760 Posts

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always been at week 32 (as long as I've had a production number) but I understand some folks who used to be week 31 and getting pushed to 32 now. So starting a watch party/commiseration session for week 32!

• Haha
Reactions: thev and ssh

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just called BTW and still week 32 (for now)

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
11 Posts
My i4 M50 production weeks was and is.

Week 12
Week 13
Week 15
Week 25
Week 31 for two days two weeks ago, now
Week 32

Reactions: Ilektriksky

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,968 Posts
I think we should include our configs in these threads (if they aren’t in the signature lines). Maybe we can find commonality?

Reactions: i4m50Norway

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
June 2, 2021 - Assigned to dealer
Nov 18, 2021 - Configured
Dec 23, 2021 - Configuration accepted by BMW AG and production number issued.
Jan 3, 2022 - week 21 build assigned
April 20, 2022 - scheduled for production
May 13, 2022- back to order received
May 29, 2022 - scheduled for production
June 7, 2022 - back to order received
June 14 2022- migrated to MY2023
June 29, 2022 - scheduled for production
June 29, 2022 - Week 30
July 20, 2022 - Week now slipped to 31
July 22, 2022 - Week now slipped to 32

They don't have an eff'n clue.....

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok I updated my signature to show the full config. Nothing really in common with others yet.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Ok I updated my signature to show the full config. Nothing really in common with others yet.
DAPP, PAP, Premium, wood trim, HK, DR, wireless charging, eSIM all in common with mine and many others…

·
Registered
91 Posts
DAPP, PAP, Premium, wood trim, HK, DR, wireless charging, eSIM all in common with mine and many others…
I think we have a good contrast between your orders and mine... loaded M50’s vs. an e40 with no tech and only “specialty” selection being dravit paint. Might be telling... if you guys get thru and I get bumped then maybe, just maybe the early pre-order status has finally gotten you priority (as it should!). On the flip side if mine sticks and you guys get another bump, it may indeed be a tech/part shortage thing. And if we all get bumped, then who knows... maybe it’s now just a ridiculous lottery system, assign a bunch of numbers to a week, draw the lucky winners from a hat. Losers get bumped. Lol.

Reactions: lnaukkar and ssh

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
I think we have a good contrast between your orders and mine... loaded M50’s vs. an e40 with no tech and only “specialty” selection being dravit paint. Might be telling... if you guys get thru and I get bumped then maybe, just maybe the early pre-order status has finally gotten you priority (as it should!). On the flip side if mine sticks and you guys get another bump, it may indeed be a tech/part shortage thing. And if we all get bumped, then who knows... maybe it’s now just a ridiculous lottery system, assign a bunch of numbers to a week, draw the lucky winners from a hat. Losers get bumped. Lol.
Unless it’s the red calipers! 🤪

• Haha
Reactions: bama_beemer

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Since I took over a cancelled preorder just this June, I have no idea when it was originally placed/if it was one of the early pre-orders or not. I saw the previous person's VIR and was able to customize it again to my preferences and keep it at week 32 (so far) So it's a bit hard for me to compare with folks who have been waiting for months or a year plus. Definitely understand the frustration of waiting a year, I was one of the first model 3 buyers and it was a similar situation there (no one knew when Tesla would actually release the cars for months on end)

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Looking at the week 31 thread, I'm going to bet your e40 goes through. Oh missed your post, you did go through! It appears from there than e40s are still getting some priority.

For this thread, we may know something next Monday the 1st. If BMW keeps following the pattern, week 32 VINs will be issued by then.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Looking at the week 31 thread, I'm going to bet your e40 goes through. Oh missed your post, you did go through! It appears from there than e40s are still getting some priority.

For this thread, we may know something next Monday the 1st. If BMW keeps following the pattern, week 32 VINs will be issued by then.
Wondering if I’m supposed to move to this thread

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wondering if I’m supposed to move to this thread
If genius has told you you're week 32, you're definitely welcome to. I've been week 32 for about a month now so started this chain and just waiting for more folks.

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Cloned the poll from week 31 thread to get ready

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
371 Posts
As of today, I'm here now from week 31.

• Sad
Reactions: cruzer666

·
Registered
45 Posts
What if we've been thinking about this wrong? We thought it has been random, but what if there is an order that we are not aware of? We know that BMW gives the dealerships a certain number of allocations and it varies between them. What if there is another number tied to those allocations so that some dealerships have priority over others?

For instance, let's say you ordered from a small dealership in MO while someone ordered from a popular dealer in NY. Even though you ordered before the NY'er, they could have been placed ahead of you in line. I cannot say it's the location or the size/popularity/worth/revenue of the dealership or what ranking method BMW has (if any). I'm just trying to make sense of it...

...It could also be that they are just randomly pulling numbers out of a hat and giving out VINs.

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
371 Posts
What if we've been thinking about this wrong? We thought it has been random, but what if there is an order that we are not aware of? We know that BMW gives the dealerships a certain number of allocations and it varies between them. What if there is another number tied to those allocations so that some dealerships have priority over others?

For instance, let's say you ordered from a small dealership in MO while someone ordered from a popular dealer in NY. Even though you ordered before the NY'er, they could have been placed ahead of you in line. I cannot say it's the location or the size/popularity/worth/revenue of the dealership or what ranking method BMW has (if any). I'm just trying to make sense of it...

...It could also be that they are just randomly pulling numbers out of a hat and giving out VINs.
Isn't that how it really does work though? If a dealership has 20 preorders. None of those 20 don't get submitted until an allocation comes in. #1 of the 20 get's the first allocation and a production number. Higher volume dealerships get more allocations.

After that is the real question people are asking. Why was my car bumped x# of weeks, days before my build week when one almost, configured almost exactly as mine gets delayed? There are only a few logical answers The first that potentially some component unique to your build pushed it back, that "almost" could be the deciding factor. It could be that they are out of 25 anniversary badges, the interior trim you chose, seats in your color or the non-carbon exterior trim. The only other reason, which I think has less of a chance of being true is that builds are tied to logistics down the line.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Seems as if there are a lot of Tanzanite cars that been pushed back to week 32 or scheduled for week 32. Could next week be Tanzanite week at BMW Munich?
Was not aware that mine (Tanzanite M50) and other tanzanite cars were pushed to week 32. Although it is a regular production color and not true individual, they do them in batches since they do not keep that color always ready.

It would be great if that is the only thing holding my car up, but I'm sure that's no it. I've been pushed out 4 times and I'm waiting to be pushed to week 32.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
371 Posts
Seems as if there are a lot of Tanzanite cars that been pushed back to week 32 or scheduled for week 32. Could next week be Tanzanite week at BMW Munich?
I saw that with the 31 week. 3-4+. Every time I think there is a pattern, nope.

But maybe it’s true and one dude somewhere had a tZ with some individual leather they are waiting on.

1 - 20 of 760 Posts