BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 32?

501 - 520 of 582 Posts

·
Registered
M50, Frozen PB, Tecora Red, DAPP, PAP, Carbon trim, Carbon exterior, 19 in Performance wheels
167 Posts
be
Well genius concierge just told me that I my order was requested for a week 31 build but as of now there is no projected build date for my car and to contact my CA…
what!? That’s almost more insulting than not even giving you a ridiculous date like they did with me in October

·
Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
31 Posts
Yep, I may check later. I'm still humored by all the theories on this thread. Reminds me of the movie Office Space and the jump to conclusions mat.

0_Ie8QR5e2MmPzHiAP.jpg

Before going to bed last night I looked at a ton of alternative cars to the i4. In the price range of the i4, I really don't see another EV that I want, so I started looking at ICE cars again. Looked at the Audi S5, then realized I still want a BMW, started looking at m440's. One dealership in town has a preowned 2021 m440 GC. I guess I like it so much because it's nearly the same car as the i4. In the end though, I know I would either regret it over time or end up trading it in however many months it is until my i4 actually comes in. I guess the best course of action is just to be patient and drive my current car.
My dealer just offered me an allocation for M440 Gran Coupe to be built early September. Going to take that and ride both cars and see which gets produced sooner. At least, I can spec the car to be almost like my i4.

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #503 ·
Still status 105 this morning

·
Registered
3 Posts
Still status 105. Called genius and they still say I’m week 27 with no prod date or vin? She told me to talk to my CA for more info… Guess we’ll see what he says.

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #505 ·
Still status 105. Called genius and they still say I’m week 27 with no prod date or vin? She told me to talk to my CA for more info… Guess we’ll see what he says.
This is wrong a week 27 car would have been built already

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks like I've been moved back. Held steady for production scheduled right up to last night and was bumped back to order received. I think it makes it worse that it happened just a couple work days before week 32 starts. I haven't changed my vote yet as I want to cling to hope however foolhardy that may be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Well, I just had a call back from the CEOs office for BMWNA. The very nice woman was very apologetic but did confirm a few things that we all knew. There was a huge number of people pushed back to 105 status over the last couple of days. The reason was unclear to her, but she said she would make contact with BMW in Germany and see if they could find out the reason for the delay. Hopefully, this is a minor delay but if it happens again I will consider something like an Ix. Sorry that's the only info I have.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
Well, I just had a call back from the CEOs office for BMWNA. The very nice woman was very apologetic but did confirm a few things that we all knew. There was a huge number of people pushed back to 105 status over the last couple of days. The reason was unclear to her, but she said she would make contact with BMW in Germany and see if they could find out the reason for the delay. Hopefully, this is a minor delay but if it happens again I will consider something like an Ix. Sorry that's the only info I have.
Was her name Seema? I f so, I may have spoken to her as well. She's like the BMWNA spokesperson. Hopefully you get more help than she gave me months ago. Better yet, hopefully it wasn't Seema and you really got someone who will take some action on your behalf. 🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
663 Posts
Another member of the 105 club today; not a surprise but I'm getting really pissed off with BMW's constant re-scheduling without any explanation 🤬

Reactions: Squirrel1974

·
Registered
35 Posts
Was her name Seema? I f so, I may have spoken to her as well. She's like the BMWNA spokesperson. Hopefully you get more help than she gave me months ago. Better yet, hopefully it wasn't Seema and you really got someone who will take some action on your behalf. 🤣🤣🤣
No it was somebody else, Katherine. Well, I figure that if we keep applying a little pressure at some point somebody will at least give up some information. Here is hoping!

·
Registered
133 Posts
There’s no question that the BMW marketing team is monitoring these threads, so let’s just spell it out. You’re really blowing it. Your customer base is enormously committed, however by leaving everyone in the dark the only thing you’re accomplishing is disenchantment with the brand. Some may leave and never come back. SO START COMMUNICATING. You’ll find that people are generally understanding. Is that simple enough?

·
Registered
663 Posts
There’s no question that the BMW marketing team is monitoring these threads
Funnily enough, I was just thinking the same thing. Then I thought, "if there marketing department is as talented as their production department, then we are just pissing in the wind" 😩

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I hate to sound like a broken record.
The complaining will get everyone absolutely nothing and nowhere. BMW wants to build this car and the iX; they can't due to various issues only affecting those vehicles.

It's not a capacity at the factory problem.
It's not an option problem.
The problem is more basic and falls along the lines of battery, harnesses, control module, but definitely something specific to i4 and IX.

They delivered 9500 cars to customers in the first half of this year. That's an abysmal number and if they could ramp fast, build more cars faster they would. They cannot ramp any faster than they already are.

My history is:
June 2, 2021 - Assigned to dealer
Nov 18, 2021 - Configured
Dec 23, 2021 - Configuration accepted by BMW AG and production number issued.
Jan 3, 2022 - week 21 build assigned
April 20, 2022 - scheduled for production
May 13, 2022- back to order received
May 29, 2022 - scheduled for production
June 7, 2022 - back to order received
June 14 2022- migrated to MY2023
June 29, 2022 - scheduled for production
June 29, 2022 - Week 30
July 20, 2022 - Week now slipped to 31
July 22, 2022 - Week now slipped to 32
July 28, 2022 - back to order received
Aug 1, 2022 - Week 38 (six week slip from last date)

I'm just praying they can deliver a car by Christmas. Bugging them is a fools errand at this point. They want to build all the cars but can't.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
16 Posts
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Land vehicle

Finally. It started! I was told week 32 by a BMW genius agent, who was very nice but kinda sounded like "Let's just tell him a random number so he hangs up". So I was expecting another delay but I am glad that my car is in the queue.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
The complaining will get everyone absolutely nothing and nowhere. BMW wants to build this car and the iX; they can't due to various issues only affecting those vehicles.

The problem is more basic and falls along the lines of battery, harnesses, control module, but definitely something specific to i4 and IX.

They delivered 9500 cars to customers in the first half of this year. That's an abysmal number and if they could ramp fast, build more cars faster they would. They cannot ramp any faster than they already are.

My history is:
June 29, 2022 - Week 30

I'm just praying they can deliver a car by Christmas. Bugging them is a fools errand at this point. They want to build all the cars but can't.

Waiting for my M50......
That’s not the issue, though: the issue is how cars are being built but not going in the order of pre-orders. And, of course, the lousy communication about anything.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts

My history is:
June 29, 2022 - Week 30

Waiting for my M50......
"Bugging them is a fools errand at this point."

agreed, but sometimes. personally speaking..It gives me an occupation or sureridly I would go Madd.🤪🤪🤪

·
Registered
16 Posts
That’s not the issue, though: the issue is how cars are being built but not going in the order of pre-orders. And, of course, the lousy communication about anything.
I remember feeling special "pre-ordering" my car on June 1st, 2021, and thinking I would be one of the early drivers of M50. Oh, how wrong I was... I hope BMW changes its logistics more sensibly. But I think they keep launching new cars, will likely do the same thing over and over again, and piss off loyal customers.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Don't get me wrong here. I have a problem with production order, but I think the problem is magnified by the fact that they are having issues just building cars. I'm tired of not having a car.

My car was totaled last August and tomorrow makes a year. I'm relegated to driving whatever family has left in the driveway. This weekend I will try a drive cycle so I can our 2002 Mini Cooper S on the road.

Waiting for my M50......

• Sad
Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

·
Registered
35 Posts
BMW could assuage a lot of anger by being forthcoming about production issues and delays. People like me, who put down a sizable deposit and even those that didn't, should be entitled to an honest timeline. We are not living in normal times, but BMW probably does know when these cars will be produced but for whatever reasons refuses to communicate that with their customers.

501 - 520 of 582 Posts