BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 32?

521 - 540 of 582 Posts

·
Registered
2023(order), i4Edrive40, SanRemoGreen, CognacSensatec, 18"GunmetalGrey, Premium, HUD, LaserLight, HK
31 Posts
When was you due? Week 32?
I was originally Week 31, got bumped to Week 32, Got pushed back to "order received" yesterday, now back to "scheduled for production" in between the last two changes, the sales manager inquired with BMWNA the reason for the backwards change. I didnt hear back but I thanked him for whatever he did. Ive requested an updated inquiry report to see what my production week is. I wont be too concerned as long as I get the car before my home address changes on December 31st

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #522 ·
Wrote to Pieter via LinkedIn as well
Mr. Nota did look at my LinkedIn profile so he must have read my message. No response yet though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was scheduled for CW 31, then got bumped to 32 on July 28. Yesterday (Aug 4) I called and they said I was CW 31 again, but today (Aug 5) I'm now CW 35. At least I'm still at 112 "Scheduled for production"

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
Discussion Starter · #524 ·
It appears no one has been given a build 33 week. Is BMW planning to build cars that week? 🤔

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
I was scheduled for CW 31, then got bumped to 32 on July 28. Yesterday (Aug 4) I called and they said I was CW 31 again, but today (Aug 5) I'm now CW 35. At least I'm still at 112 "Scheduled for production"
…CA just said I’m off to 35. Bye-bye…

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
353 Posts
Yep, you are "lucky" at least for now. I was week 27, 30, 31, 32 and yesterday was flipped to 105. I think it may just be time for me to step away from i4talk and other BMW forums and not even check mygarage for a few weeks. If I don't I'm either going to drive myself crazy and or buy a car I don't really want and settle for it.

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
353 Posts

·
Registered
1,635 Posts

·
Registered
i4M50
306 Posts
so 8 VINS this week are M50s? There is someone new who polled they got a VIN but the have a Black e40.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Mr. Nota did look at my LinkedIn profile so he must have read my message. No response yet though.
More likely the person who manages his linkedin looked at your profile 😜 but still it’s something.

• Haha
Reactions: ssh and FL M8

·
Registered
30 Posts
Production basically closed in August. - Everyone in Norway informed about no new i4's before September.
On the plus side, that'll let the backlog at Bremerhaven be worked down.

Reactions: i4m50Norway

·
Registered
133 Posts
Production basically closed in August. - Everyone in Norway informed about no new i4's before September.
This is in all likelihood the answer. My recollection is that in previous years the factories closed for vacation during the summer. I asked the question but no one could confirm or say when. Production is behind and “Week 32” likely didn’t make the cut, which is why all of our orders were converted yesterday to a 105 status. If this is the case, why can’t BMW just come out and say it?

·
Registered
i4M50
306 Posts
This is in all likelihood the answer. My recollection is that in previous years the factories closed for vacation during the summer. I asked the question but no one could confirm or say when. Production is behind and “Week 32” likely didn’t make the cut, which is why all of our orders were changed yesterday to a 105 status. If this is the case, why can’t BMW just come out and say it?
That would make sense on why they are going from 32 to 35 ...no production 33 or 34?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
That would make sense on why they are going from 32 to 35 ...no production 33 or 34?
I’m expecting that’s the case… and hoping that means they are reconfiguring for more M50s.

Reactions: i4m50Norway

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
935 Posts
I’m expecting that’s the case… and hoping that means they are reconfiguring for more M50s.
Also BMW's parts suppliers have holidays/reduced production/reconfiguration.
Cold make delivery issues less, with cable harnesses - and Harman Cardon equipment (Sound system, MGU etc)

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
I remember feeling special "pre-ordering" my car on June 1st, 2021, and thinking I would be one of the early drivers of M50. Oh, how wrong I was... I hope BMW changes its logistics more sensibly. But I think they keep launching new cars, will likely do the same thing over and over again, and piss off loyal customers.
You're not alone.....I too thought I would be one of the first as well to get one.😡😡

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
935 Posts
Not to late to be one of the firsts. How often do you see an i4 on the road ?

Here in Norway, I think I see an i4 once every 2nd week - while i see between 5 and 10 iX'es every day now.

Top selling/delivered EV's in local district 2022 :
(I think this list is quite interesting - if BMW was able to deliver i4M50, it Would have been on the top - number of signed sales contract in i4M50 is more than double of iX - and they also have major issues delivering iX 50 - most cars delivered is iX 40)
Font Number Screenshot Rectangle

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
You're not alone.....I too thought I would be one of the first as well to get one.
You'll still be one of the first to get one. They had only delivered 9500 worldwide at the end of June.

My dealer still hasn't gotten an M50.

Waiting for my M50......

• Helpful
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
2023(order), i4Edrive40, SanRemoGreen, CognacSensatec, 18"GunmetalGrey, Premium, HUD, LaserLight, HK
31 Posts
I was originally Week 31, got bumped to Week 32, Got pushed back to "order received" yesterday, now back to "scheduled for production" in between the last two changes, the sales manager inquired with BMWNA the reason for the backwards change. I didnt hear back but I thanked him for whatever he did. Ive requested an updated inquiry report to see what my production week is. I wont be too concerned as long as I get the car before my home address changes on December 31st
Heard back from the dealer. I'm now week 36 (sept 4th)

521 - 540 of 582 Posts