BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 32?

541 - 560 of 582 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
I still can’t believe I’m week 41. Wtf!?
You've ordered an M50, that will set you back 3+ months right off the top.

Seeing as there's day-one preorders undelivered...

Well, actually, deliveries seem to be so random, you could actually get yours before them.

·
Registered
M50, Frozen PB, Tecora Red, DAPP, PAP, Carbon trim, Carbon exterior, 19 in Performance wheels
167 Posts

Well, actually, deliveries seem to be so random, you could actually get yours before them.
Maybe they’ll give me a completely different car, or maybe a horse for all I know

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
353 Posts

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
…and therein lies the only thing I see “wrong” with the BMW NA system. The lack of communication from BMW AG and BMW NA is horrible and amplifies that reality.

·
Registered
140 Posts

Not sure what “set back 3+ months means”. If I reserved an M50 14 months ago, ordered car 9 months ago, and have had production weeks delayed (so far) 23 weeks, when did my extra 3+ months start?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Not sure what “set back 3+ months means”. If I reserved an M50 14 months ago, ordered car 9 months ago, and have had production weeks delayed (so far) 23 weeks, when did my extra 3+ months start?
I’m pretty sure he means on top of the e40 delay. But I’m not sure there’s any algorithmic analysis possible. In fact, I think we could use the scatter of builds to create a true random number generator.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've been busy with work so I haven't visited this thread since Wednesday and it's really blown up. Can someone catch me up, has anyone with a VIN moved passed "production begins (150)"? I'm still stuck there.

·
Registered
i4M50
306 Posts
ok dumb questions coming soon. How did you guys get your build week? I have a 330e that I just got the production # but it already shows scheduled for production in my garage. I get to track two cars! although I'm sure his will arrive well before mine!

·
Registered
13 Posts
ok dumb questions coming soon. How did you guys get your build week? I have a 330e that I just got the production # but it already shows scheduled for production in my garage. I get to track two cars! although I'm sure his will arrive well before mine!
I found out build week by calling BMW genius after I found out my production number from my sales manager.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
You have to ask your CA or the Genius. It’s on the VIR.

Reactions: ˈJo͞onyər

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've been busy with work so I haven't visited this thread since Wednesday and it's really blown up. Can someone catch me up, has anyone with a VIN moved passed "production begins (150)"? I'm still stuck there.

There was this post a while ago. (link above) When my car was in 112 status, there was prodDate that was left blank, but now I see the date after I got a VIN yesterday. It is 08/31/2022. I am unsure if this date is the completion date or the beginning of the production. But, I wouldn't be surprised if my status is stuck in 150 status for the next 3 weeks+ since someone said here that production stops for several weeks in August. We will see.

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Number

·
Registered
i4M50
306 Posts
called an Im week 36 for the 330e...at least I have something to track now. lol

·
Registered
518 Posts
called an Im week 36 for the 330e...at least I have something to track now. lol
As long as it isn't being built in Munich, that's fine by me LOL. I'm week 36 for my i4 M50.

Reactions: linerjoe

·
Registered
i4M50
306 Posts
As long as it isn't being built in Munich, that's fine by me LOL. I'm week 36 for my i4 M50.
dont be greedy! I don't even have a production # for my M50 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 😭 I'm at a 5 month wait just to get that....no telling how long my wait will be after I finally get one. CA thinks 2 more months.

Reactions: PoisonEye

·
Registered
83 Posts

There was this post a while ago. (link above) When my car was in 112 status, there was prodDate was left blank, but now I see the date after I got a VIN yesterday. It is 08/31/2022. I am unsure if this date is the completion date or the beginning of the production. But, I wouldn't be surprised if my status is stuck in 150 status for the next 3 weeks+ since someone said here that production stops for several weeks in August. We will see.

View attachment 13576
That should be your completion date... mine was dispatched from the factory on the prodDate, and I’m pretty sure a bunch of the other week 31 builds were the same

·
Registered
16 Posts
That should be your completion date... mine was dispatched from the factory on the prodDate, and I’m pretty sure a bunch of the other week 31 builds were the same
Ah. Good to know. Thank you! :D

Reactions: bama_beemer

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
Dealer told me it’s now 83 yesterday if that’s even accurate
83 = (27 recalled i4) + (56 recalled iX)

These are known values since BMW had to release the recall report to a public agency.

541 - 560 of 582 Posts