Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems like we'll need this.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Ha i'm pretty sure i'll be joining this one within a few days... though given the wide range of dates we are seeing people pushed to now (38 for techwiz) (41 for msharma) we might need to broaden it to the monthly based support group 🤦‍♂️

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'll probably be hanging out in here at some point next week. What my mood will be, well that heavily depends on BMW.

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
369 Posts
Tomorrow is Thursday, so I’ll probably be joining you then!

·
Registered
38 Posts
F BMW, also placing my week 33 tent with some outdoor lounge chairs. May as well get comfy since I have a couple weeks before I'm in another build week thread.

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,967 Posts
Ha i'm pretty sure i'll be joining this one within a few days... though given the wide range of dates we are seeing people pushed to now (38 for techwiz) (41 for msharma) we might need to broaden it to the monthly based support group 🤦‍♂️
Which week is February 30th this time around?

• Haha
Reactions: Ilektriksky

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Other threads have additional information. Not cross posting here.

BMW is suffering serious constraint issues related to IX and I4. They have only delivered 10k i4's Worldwide.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
369 Posts
I've not seen a single ad for the i4, except ones I've hunted down on YouTube. Interesting how BMW isn't actively promoting the car at all - they obviously don't want yet more orders.

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
980 Posts
I've not seen a single ad for the i4, except ones I've hunted down on YouTube. Interesting how BMW isn't actively promoting the car at all - they obviously don't want yet more orders.
BMW in Norway has a lot of TV adds for the iX 40. That seems to be the only EV that BMW is able to deliver at a steady delivery rate in Norway.

3700 delivered iX'es to Norway vs. 10000 i4 World Wide total - that is crazy.
(and less than 1000 i4M50 delivered to Norway is also crazy - orders is more than double of iX)
(and even more crazy - nearly Zero i4M50's to Norway in juli - September)

BMW managed to increase the capacity for iX some months ago.
Lets hope that the new production line for i4 batteries in the old i3 factory will increase i4M50 production from September.

What I dont understand is why they are able to deliver iX40 and some i4 40, but not the top of the line iX50 and i4M50 ?

Wonder if it is something about the EU Co2 fleet emissions ? that requires volume instead of value in EV production (each EV relieves the penalty with EUR 7000)

Target for 2022 is much harder than 2021 - and without the i3 - they probably need to get the i4 rolling as fast as possible.

·
Registered
679 Posts
I hope somebody is warming up my seat here, one day to go and still no VIN for my week 32 guestimate.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I hope somebody is warming up my seat here, one day to go and still no VIN for my week 32 guestimate.
Alas, it looks like BMW is bumping week 32s straight to 35.

• Sad
Reactions: ˈJo͞onyər

·
Registered
679 Posts
Alas, it looks like BMW is bumping week 32s straight to 35.
Well you're a cheery soul! 😄 Yeah, you are right. Or later. Another UK member has been bumped to week 36. Going to ring in the morning, no doubt to hear that I can "unfollow" the week 32 and 33 posts. 😭

·
Registered
34 Posts
Well you're a cheery soul! 😄 Yeah, you are right. Or later. Another UK member has been bumped to week 36. Going to ring in the morning, no doubt to hear that I can "unfollow" the week 32 and 33 posts. 😭
Here's something even cheerier! Those people bumped to 35? They just got reset to 105, order received, no build week. Anyway, it doesn't look like BMW plans to build any i4s for weeks 33 and 34, possibly even 35.

• Sad
Reactions: ˈJo͞onyər

·
Registered
572 Posts
I went from 30, 31, 32 straight to 38.

Waiting for my M50......
I went to status 105, so I probably get to wait a week to find out where the wheel of fortune stops. My CA has been great, but IDK what he has to work with at this point. BMW however can go suck an egg.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just got bumped today.

Week 12, 13, 15, 25, 31, 32, now 35.

• Angry
Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
i4M50
325 Posts
I just laughed when I opened this thread because no one is actually schedule in this week! That may be good for people that get bumped, they are making room!

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I just laughed when I opened this thread because no one is actually schedule in this week! That may be good for people that get bumped, they are making room!
Yeah it is exceptionally strange that no one is in 33…

·
Registered
679 Posts
They've been working hard, they need a holiday

• Haha
Reactions: ssh
1 - 20 of 56 Posts