BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 35?

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
518 Posts
And a seance… death of a dream…
My patience is also on life support, but I come here and shoot the poop with like minded sufferers and it's not as bad.

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

·
Premium Member
506 Posts
And a seance… death of a dream…
ya know, I "settled" for the 40 this time around and figured I'd trade it in, in a few years for a 50 when they get everything settled and maybe there will be better batteries and I can get the colors I want and such. I don't like white. I mean it's a pretty car, but I don't want white, lol. Is that something you'd consider. Just getting a "car" for now, then trading in a few years to get the car you really want?

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
ya know, I "settled" for the 40 this time around and figured I'd trade it in, in a few years for a 50 when they get everything settled and maybe there will be better batteries and I can get the colors I want and such. I don't like white. I mean it's a pretty car, but I don't want white, lol. Is that something you'd consider. Just getting a "car" for now, then trading in a few years to get the car you really want?
Well... I ordered my i4 in December, then a Polestar 2 and a Tesla Model 3 in January.
I took delivery of the TM3 with no intention of keeping it once the i4 arrived.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, my 330 will be 3 years old in a few weeks. I had PPF put on it when I bought it and it looks virtually new. I still enjoy every moment driving it, and while it isn’t an EV, I typically end a tank at 30mpg. So, I’ll hang onto it until the i4 comes. I’ve already extended the lease so I can enjoy it until it’s time to hand it back in. Heck, since it’s going back, any Copper days using the 330 will just be a Copper day I don’t subject the i4 to the grime of a Colorado winter highway drive!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Perhaps the phrase "Bump Me Weekly" will go viral.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Had I known what I know now, I might have ordered both cars and traded the e40 once the M50 was delivered. Probably would have made a profit and been able to drive it for the better part of a year.

·
Registered
526 Posts
😱
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive tail & brake light Land vehicle

• Wow
Reactions: falconey

·
Registered
518 Posts

·
Registered
526 Posts
OK, first, congrats! But also, what?!? Let's constantly bump people but then start a build in week 32 for a 35 slot? At least we're representing Tanzanite finally.
Right?! I almost didn’t even check this morning thinking they were effectively ’closed’ for the next 2 weeks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
That is great for you and potentially a very small, but good sign for the rest of us. Or maybe not, lol. I checked mine since you had such a pleasant surprise and it's a no go for me. Still scheduled

·
Registered
518 Posts
Since we know that this step means they've assigned a chassis it could mean one of 2 things. Either they're sneaking you in at the end before they take a break, or you're first in line when they come back from break.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts