BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 39?

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
I need to take this mindset to heart. For whatever reason (I think I was just grumpy that day), last bump Thursday I was really irritated. Then I added the carbon fiber exterior pack to make myself feel better. So unless I adapt my mindset I'll end up with a fully loaded i7 by the time this car is ready.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I have PAP on mine and it's still on the list for next week as of a couple of mins ago ( I know it's not bump Thursday yet). M50
I think @Bmw Customer was being asked because their car is being built, so trying to see if PAP is what is holding things up. We've been doing this sort of thing for weeks and haven't really come up with a pattern, so I think I've stopped trying to apply logic to the delays at this point.

Reactions: Faija

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think @Bmw Customer was being asked because their car is being built, so trying to see if PAP is what is holding things up. We've been doing this sort of thing for weeks and haven't really come up with a pattern, so I think I've stopped trying to apply logic to the delays at this point.
I did order it but when I look at my build sheet it only says parking assistant plus. So im not sure at this point, its not something I will be upset about if it doesn’t have it. Im just happy its finally being built.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I did order it but when I look at my build sheet it only says parking assistant plus. So im not sure at this point, its not something I will be upset about if it doesn’t have it. Im just happy its finally being built.
Are you tracking your car on mygarage.bmwusa.com? If so, it should have a section like this:
Rectangle Font Parallel Circle Number

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
For anyone else monitoring this thread who is a "yes"... It'd be great if we got our VINs, but note that we've hit 33% of week 39 respondents now having VINs. That's about as good as we ever do, so we'd be lucky to get 1 or 2 more based on past weeks. Hope that helps soften the blow from the bump.
Ugh, you’ve stirred my analytical mind again. The success rate overall has been about 20-25% so 33% is definitely an improvement. I didn’t have the foresight when I started the Week 31 support group to add options for : “Yes week 31 build eDrive40” and another option for M50.

My guess is the M50 success rate is single digits compared to eDrive40. A bit depressing , but still BMW is cranking the M50 out just not at the same rate as eDrive40.

When I get bumped again I’ll add the appropriate options for the poll so we get a bit more detailed data.

Based on the 20% success rate model some people scheduled for Week 39 today are looking at Spring 2023 delivery. I’ll rerun this estimate with M50 numbers, but if the success rate is much lower some people scheduled for Week 39 today are looking at Summer 23 delivery or even a MY24 build. This takes into account cumulative data from previous weeks.

We shall see! The good news is that statistically speaking, BMW WILL build your M50, it might take until next year at this rate, but you will get your car :)

·
Registered
2014 BMW X1 - 155k miles (Waiting for my i4 M50)
133 Posts
It could be wire harnesses which have the potential to be agnostic to what you order. Just need more wires. I've toured wire harness plants for Helicopters and commercial aircraft, the complexity of THOSE wire harnesses are impressive. I imagine cars with all those electronics aren't much far behind. If they were able to setup wiring boards at alternative suppliers, you would expect the straightforward harnesses would be easy to transfer over. Complex ones not so much. The fits, starts, and stops, could be receiving wireharness orders that are just not quite to spec so they have to place new ones.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
469 Posts
I see 6 out of 18 scheduled for this week (according to the poll) have VIN's, and only 1 is an m50.

Has anyone that was bumped to week 39 from the past few weeks received a VIN? I assume not.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I see 6 out of 18 scheduled for this week (according to the poll) have VIN's, and only 1 is an m50.

Has anyone that was bumped to week 39 from the past few weeks received a VIN? I assume not.
BMW Customer was in the week 37 and week 38 threads, so yeah.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Reactions: linerjoe

·
Registered
688 Posts
Kind of wish I had 20/20 hindsight and had ordered both a e40 and a m50. Probably could have had the e40 for a year by the time I get my M50 and I could probably turn around and sell it for very little loss if any.

·
Registered
2018 BMW 440xi Convertible M Sport / Estoril Blue / Black Upholstery w/ Blue Stitching
54 Posts
I cancelled my order, but am still tracking it. It is an i4 M50 and went into production today. There is now a VIN associated with the order.

Edit: Production date is Oct. 4th.

FYI - Someone reconfigured this vehicle about a week ago. It used to be fully loaded, but now only has a few options selected (Preemium package, PAP, Shadowline, and that's it). Maybe removing some of the option finally enabled it to go into production?

• Wow
Reactions: linerjoe

·
Registered
2023 eDrive40 M-Sport, Sunset Orange, Cognac, Premium Package, Wireless Charger
3 Posts
Got my VIN today (Bump Thursday Eve). eDrive40, production date October 1.

·
Registered
469 Posts
No VIN for me so far (m50), as expected. I will be curious to see if I get bumped to 40 or further out, since there's already so many in week 40.

41 - 60 of 94 Posts