BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 127 Posts

·
Registered
2023 i4 40 /ALPINE WHITE /BLACK SENSA /18" GREY AERO WHEELS /PREMIUM PACKAGE /HK /i BLUE ACCENTS /SH
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just joined the Week 39 Club ....I was previously enjoying myself at Club 35 but the Bouncer told me that I was no longer welcomed there. I can't really complain as I signed my initial order paperwork on June 10 2022 and here I am 8 weeks later with a production slot..... if it really happens that is!

• Sad
Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
2015 Audi A4
51 Posts
I'll be joining you in Week 39. My hope is its such a random week from all the others I've seen that I hope this one actually works out for us.. Also, just noticed I have the EXACT same build minus the blue accents as you Markus! Maybe thats a good sign..

·
Registered
i4 edrive40, M Sports Pack, Brooklyn Gray, 861M, Tacora Red, Premium Pack
3 Posts
So from my side the story is kind of different. My first booking at the dealer turns out to be not a valid quota at all. And I would need at least another two months until the dealer would get one. So I give up on the first dealer and find a one that have the quota at CW31 (expected). Sadly it bumps to CW39 for now. I think it might actually work since most of the schedule changes that I see in the forum is just like moving from 31 to 32 and to 33 etc.
Hopefully I would get my VIN at the CW38.
Still, I mean this is really crazy

·
Registered
2023 i4 40 /ALPINE WHITE /BLACK SENSA /18" GREY AERO WHEELS /PREMIUM PACKAGE /HK /i BLUE ACCENTS /SH
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll be joining you in Week 39. My hope is its such a random week from all the others I've seen that I hope this one actually works out for us.. Also, just noticed I have the EXACT same build minus the blue accents as you Markus! Maybe thats a good sign..
So literally a few hours after I started this thread my dealer's sales manager found a week 32 slot that was available for me....... so I humbly turn over this thread to you Jojack 😎... congrats on your car!! This car is stunning in white!!

Reactions: jojack30

·
Registered
2015 Audi A4
51 Posts
So literally a few hours after I started this thread my dealer's sales manager found a week 32 slot that was available for me....... so I humbly turn over this thread to you Jojack 😎... congrats on your car!! This car is stunning in white!!
Wow that great news, congratulations!! Hope everything goes as planned. Good luck! 🤞

·
Registered
1976 BMW 2002
19 Posts
Hello fellow waiting room people. Confirmed for week 39, as I took over someone's order July 25th. Looking through the forums I feel lucky that the dealership(BMW San Rafael) I'm working with was able to reconfigure the backed out order to my specs and jump ahead of a pretty long wait line. Hoping for November to take delivery 🤞

·
Registered
1976 BMW 2002
19 Posts
So if we go into production the week of September 24…anyone got an estimate on delivery to the mid Atlantic region?
From what I've gathered it takes exactly 2 weeks to build the car, and about a month to ship it. The west coast shipping seems to have a wider shipping range from 4-6 weeks so I would imagine the east coast would be shorter. I've also heard that cars are spending a good amount of time at the port once arrived(up to 2 weeks) but that could be port specific also. I'm on the west coast in the Bay Area and I'm expecting mine to be here probably mid November if production starts on time.

·
Registered
91 Posts
From what I've gathered it takes exactly 2 weeks to build the car, and about a month to ship it. The west coast shipping seems to have a wider shipping range from 4-6 weeks so I would imagine the east coast would be shorter. I've also heard that cars are spending a good amount of time at the port once arrived(up to 2 weeks) but that could be port specific also. I'm on the west coast in the Bay Area and I'm expecting mine to be here probably mid November if production starts on time.
I'm watching the other groups to see how quickly they get their ships and spend time at the ports. I'm also watching to see if any of the W35 (and later) cars get a recall that keeps them there for 2-4 weeks. It's possible that part of the break was used to fix the assembly lines so hopefully that will stop happening. -shrug- We'll see.

Reactions: DSwift

·
Registered
i4 edrive40, M Sports Pack, Brooklyn Gray, 861M, Tacora Red, Premium Pack
3 Posts
So if we go into production the week of September 24…anyone got an estimate on delivery to the mid Atlantic region?
This is what I learn from the Chinese community, I’m not sure if this is also true for region other than China. The vehicle will stay at harbour for quite a long time before the ship arrives. Status code 193. Talking about 1 to even 4 weeks of waiting. Production for 2 weeks. Shipping about 35 to 40 days to China.

·
Registered
i4 edrive40, M Sports Pack w/ Shadowline, San Remo Green, Cognac SensaTec, Premium Pack
5 Posts
Been lurking the forums since I ordered back in July. I've been bumped a couple times now from week 32 and week 35 respectively. Now currently here at week 39 with you fine people. Crossing my fingers that this one holds. I was very lucky that the dealer got a fresh allocation right as I ordered and got my production number immediately.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts
Reactions: DSwift
1 - 20 of 127 Posts