BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 40?

1 - 20 of 355 Posts

·
Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know myself and @cruzer666 are here, starting it for the (at least) 8 week wait.

Reactions: cruzer666

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
thanks for creating this, there are several others hopefully they join, it seems a handful of us are in the same boat (Status 111 - Week 40), I know at least one more, @Davei4M50

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am the same (Status 111 - Week 40)

Was week 30 then 31 then 32 then moved back to Order received now Week 40...supposedly

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
I wonder if our production numbers are close: 6804***

·
Registered
2 Posts
Production #: 6785.....no rhyme or reason based on everyone's experiences on these threads

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
Production #: 6785.....no rhyme or reason based on everyone's experiences on these threads
At least the inconsistency is very consistent :)

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
production number 6803xxx. @cruzer666 we are probably 1k or so apart

·
Registered
BMW X5 45e 2022
191 Posts
Production number 6789XXX.

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
production number 6803xxx. @cruzer666 we are probably 1k or so apart
ssh was in the same 1k block as you and he has a VIN for his M50, yep, completely random. There are probably a handful of cars apart, since these numbers cross model lines not just I4.

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
ssh was in the same 1k block as you and he has a VIN for his M50, yep, completely random. There are probably a handful of cars apart, since these numbers cross model lines not just I4.
You were pushed to 40? Dang!!!

I'm still holding at 38 for now.
I went to the dealer and got a term sheet with my financing and down payment options along with a new VIR. I also have the modification order history.

It's very interesting. You can see every status change and if it also included an option change, the date of the change, the name and the I.D. of the individual that made the change.

When the factory makes a change it has a name of COREAG01. That ID is the ID that bumps you.
A regular ID/name schedules you for production.

I can see on 8/1 there was an option change but I don't know what it is. The passenger lumbar delete is no longer listed. They just specify it's there for the driver along with width adjustment. I guess because it was not available they don't list as delete. Also the non touchpad iDrive controller isn't listed. They also don't list the delete for kick to open tailgate.

I guess they can add or not add those features as they see fit since they aren't in the VIR.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
2023 I4 M50 Tanzanite Blue with all the goodies except the laser lights.
72 Posts
Well, they said Week 39 but week 40 is close enough. I wish they would specify what year 2033 or 2043 instead of just a week.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
When the factory makes a change it has a name of COREAG01. That ID is the ID that bumps you.
A regular ID/name schedules you for production.

I can see on 8/1 there was an option change but I don't know what it is. The passenger lumbar delete is no longer listed. They just specify it's there for the driver along with width adjustment. I guess because it was not available they don't list as delete. Also the non touchpad iDrive controller isn't listed. They also don't list the delete for kick to open tailgate.
Hmmmmm so you found the name of The Oracle ?

We’re getting the kick to open back apparently, and the touchpad (not that I care for either feature). The passenger doesn’t get lumbar adjustment , they just list an option for Driver lumbar support.

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
We’re getting the kick to open back apparently, and the touchpad
So far I have these under rumors. Since the hands free isn’t listed at all on the BMW USA web site as a feature or option, I’m thinking it’s just gone.

Reactions: ˈJo͞onyər

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far I have these under rumors. Since the hands free isn’t listed at all on the BMW USA web site as a feature or option, I’m thinking it’s just gone.
I did get an email from the geniuses saying that the touchpad had returned for 2023.

·
Registered
BMW X5 45e 2022
191 Posts
  • Haha
Reactions: ssh

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
They’re not rumors, I’ve seen both features on a freshly built i4 in a Facebook group and confirmed this with the VIR report and $100 credit removed. I’ll list these under safe assumptions :)

·
Registered
BMW X5 45e 2022
191 Posts
They’re not rumors, I’ve seen both features on a freshly built i4 in a Facebook group and confirmed this with the VIR report and $100 credit removed. I’ll list these under safe assumptions :)
That’s great news. Something positive for once. Now if I can get my blue calipers back I’ll be good.

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
Oh, dude! That’s tremendous news! Now… they just need to build your blasted car for you!!!

·
Premium Member
330 Posts
That’s great news. Something positive for once. Now if I can get my blue calipers back I’ll be good.
We’ll see!
Oh, dude! That’s tremendous news! Now… they just need to build your blasted car for you!!!
I’m not counting my chickens yet. This changed in the last 1-2 weeks. It could easily change back. I don’t use either feature :)

• Haha
Reactions: ssh
1 - 20 of 355 Posts