BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 40?

181 - 200 of 246 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
While true, I also found this in a post to get straight to the electric concierge:

You can directly dial the Electric Concierge, bypassing all that intro stuff: 855-236-1025.
ive never waited more than 3 minutes when calling this number.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
BMW X5 45e 2022
179 Posts
Reactions: cruzer666

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #184 ·

·
Registered
Now Skyscraper grey 40. Some day hopefully soon TZ m50
457 Posts
If we see multiple M50 VINs I'll be shocked
I would prefer to be shocked. At this point I wouldn't mind so much if I was so shocked I had a VIN for my M50 that I crapped my pants.

Reactions: cruzer666

·
Registered
20 Posts
Got a VIN today.
Prod date is scheduled as 10-06-22
Out of curiosity - did you learn that from an update to your MyGarage on the website? or did you call the genius? thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Out of curiosity - did you learn that from an update to your MyGarage on the website? or did you call the genius? thanks!
My CA emailed me that it moved to 150. But I typically OCD check the inspect elements in mygarage multiple times a day (This is where I got the prod date from, my understanding is that this is the target finish for production status 155) and email him about status changes so he could update me on build week, he just beat me to the punch this time. I suspect that since I am individual paint color that it will stick to schedule fairly tightly, as they want to keep the cars with that color clumped up to be painted at the same time. But I could be wrong.

Reactions: cruzer666 and ssh

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,361 Posts
My CA emailed me that it moved to 150. But I typically OCD check the inspect elements in mygarage multiple times a day (This is where I got the prod date from, my understanding is that this is the target finish for production status 155) and email him about status changes so he could update me on build week, he just beat me to the punch this time. I suspect that since I am individual paint color that it will stick to schedule fairly tightly, as they want to keep the cars with that color clumped up to be painted at the same time. But I could be wrong.
Everyone we've seen get a VIN has stuck to the prodDate shown... hopefully, you are one who does, as well!

·
Premium Member
303 Posts
Best news ever! Congrats! For the rest of us, we have seen VIN’s trickle in until the week of, don’t lose hope ;)

·
Registered
176 Posts
I just checked with BMW Genius and still holding at week 40.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Well, I guess I am going to be the next King of Gondor! I just checked and I am at status 150 and I now have a VIN. I’m surprised I didn’t have a heart attack. Now the wait begins.
Congrats! As far as I know I'm still on week 39, but I'll probably be joining this group today or tomorrow. On the plus side, the first 4 digits of my prod number are the same as yours and I'm also Tanzanite. Paint booth buddies maybe? Need a VIN first though.

Reactions: Corinna

·
Registered
2023 I4 M50 Tanzanite Blue with all the goodies except the laser lights.
68 Posts
Congrats! As far as I know I'm still on week 39, but I'll probably be joining this group today or tomorrow. On the plus side, the first 4 digits of my prod number are the same as yours and I'm also Tanzanite. Paint booth buddies maybe? Need a VIN first though.
Thanks! I will be keeping my fingers for you and everyone else!!

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, I guess I am going to be the next King of Gondor! I just checked and I am at status 150 and I now have a VIN. I’m surprised I didn’t have a heart attack. Now the wait begins.
Do you know your production date?

·
Registered
2023 I4 M50 Tanzanite Blue with all the goodies except the laser lights.
68 Posts
Just talked to my SA this afternoon, he called to update me about production starting. We talked about approximately when the car will arrive here in the Midwest. Based upon what he has been seeing, and basing things on what my friends in the shipping industry are saying, if all the stars align then I have a fair chance of seeing the car before Thanksgiving. But, like everywhere else with all the shipping problems it could be several weeks later.

·
Registered
20 Posts
does your MyGarage show anything different?

181 - 200 of 246 Posts