BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 40?

Build Week 40 Support Group

32K views 437 replies 51 participants last post by  F3_BMW 
#1 ·
I know myself and @cruzer666 are here, starting it for the (at least) 8 week wait.

Reactions: cruzer666
#7 ·
production number 6803xxx. @cruzer666 we are probably 1k or so apart

#8 ·
Production number 6789XXX.

#12 ·
Hard to remember, I bet… ;)

#22 ·
To be honest I can live without those options. Just build my car already!

Reactions: Techwhiz1
#26 ·
I got a call back from the executive escalations contact, he had no real substantive info other than to confirm I was in week 40, which I already knew. Nothing about whether or not anything is happening to break the logjam or if these build weeks are more firm or not.

Reactions: cruzer666
#27 ·
I got a call back from the executive escalations contact, he had no real substantive info other than to confirm I was in week 40, which I already knew. Nothing about whether or not anything is happening to break the logjam or if these build weeks are more firm or not.
I had the same escalation call more than a month ago. I could have told you how that would go.

They mentioned delays in their financials, but no details.

We aren't likely to get anything but "recovering from COVID issues, basic supply chain stuff, war in Ukraine".

Waiting for my M50......

#28 ·
@PTB doesn't fit in the poll "bought eDrive40 off the lot when CA called" is not a choice :)

• Haha
Reactions: ssh
#29 ·
Ha. I've been resisting posting here because I am still 111, my last contact with the geniuses said to me in a pissy tone "you don't have a production date yet". Friday when I went in to get the edrive40, my CA sad he thought it was week 40. Checked again this morning, still 111. I think I'll just chill until week 40, periodically check if I move to 112.

My edrive 40 was parked on the street yesterday and my son was washing my wife's x5 and she needed to run to the grocery store. She took the i4 and drove it down the street to the cul-de-sac at the end of the street to turn around. That happened to be right past the VP of BMWUSA that I have mentioned before. Dude was out watering his grass and did a full head turn kind of in shock according to my wife. I whish she would have stopped to talk and try in drop in the fact I REALLY want the m50. Maybe next time.

• Haha
Reactions: ssh
#30 ·
Highway robbery, Stevens Creek BMW just refused to go below $10k over MSRP on an available edrive40. Walked away

#32 ·
What shall we do to pass the time? :ROFLMAO:

#33 ·
BTW I did call the Geniuses today, still week 40. So no need for any of you to call soon :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: ssh and cruzer666
#35 ·
Very. Turns out. But how could you know?

Are you getting the feeling they’ve turned a corner, though? I am.

#39 ·
I got my VIN today for the m50! Just kidding. Slow day at work so I popped over here to see if any movement, but of course not, the Germans are busy conditioning for Octoberfest and the factory is idle.

• Haha
Reactions: ssh and linerjoe
#40 ·
Sad waiting 😢 Have been calling around local dealers to see if there are any 2022 eDrive40s around with DAPP/PAP, so can just get out of this wait game. No luck or outrageous markups

#42 ·
surprised that people are still being moved to week 40. Where were you before and when was last time you checked the build week? Also, what is the configuration you ordered?

#43 ·
Called BMW Genius and apparently I'm week 40 as well! We'll see if it holds.

#46 ·
I called yesterday and I was at status 112 and week 37. Saw a note from someone else in week 37 about moving to week 40. I called the Genius and sure enough, here I am now as well. Like @ctb I was at 37 since the end of July. So have a 🍷 or 🌲depending on your taste and legal status. I think we will be here awhile.

#47 ·
got a call on an available car that meets my specs, no markup. Wish me luck!

• Love
Reactions: BlueHoosier
#48 ·
Good luck!

#49 ·
Damn CA is saying there is 1 person ahead of me, by maybe couple of minutes. He will call me if that person backs out/doesn't qualify

#50 ·
Just start driving over there.

#51 ·
At dealership now, supposedly the other person is coming in at 4pm pacific? CA is saying less than 10% chance that person won't buy though...

Reactions: Corinna
#52 ·
You're there now. Tell them you're buying now and ready to sign. I don't see how they're going to wait.

#54 ·
Did not get the car, they sold it to the other person even though I was physically there way before.

#56 ·
Called the genius, still week 40. 6 weeks to go if it stays there...

#57 ·
I'm still at week 40 but still at "Order Received". Anyone else in this boat? It's concerning that I'm not at "Scheduled for Production". In any case, assuming I will be pushed out again.

Reactions: BlueHoosier
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.