BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build a week 41?

861 - 880 of 961 Posts

· Registered
i4 m50 sapphire black
17 Posts
Went to finally pick up my 09/21 preordered m50 at BMW Mt.Kisco. They decided that they were entitled to a 10k market adjustment despite my signed order agreement having nothing of the sort agreed.
apparently my signed agreement was when Autonation owned the dealership by now it was owned by Darcars. Upset does not begin to describe my reaction.
The 1.9 % preorder rate was of coursed marked up to 2.9% and even that was a struggle to get the preorder rate confirmed.
It was incredible to watch the excuses change in real-time and the goal posts moved. I was flat out told "you are not forced to buy this, we can just sell it to someone else immediately"
I made the choice to settle for a 5k markup because I've waited 14 months, but I'm somewhat regretting my decision to not walk away on principle.
Beware of any Darcars dealership.

· Registered
37 Posts
So sad for you. I hope the car makes up for it and you forget the unscrupulous thieves as you enjoy the car.
Many of us were lucky to actually deal with honest sales folks. I got 1.9%, price protection to 2022, no add ons or mark ups and no push for extended warranties.

· Registered
649 Posts
Went to finally pick up my 09/21 preordered m50 at BMW Mt.Kisco. They decided that they were entitled to a 10k market adjustment despite my signed order agreement having nothing of the sort agreed.
apparently my signed agreement was when Autonation owned the dealership by now it was owned by Darcars. Upset does not begin to describe my reaction.
The 1.9 % preorder rate was of coursed marked up to 2.9% and even that was a struggle to get the preorder rate confirmed.
It was incredible to watch the excuses change in real-time and the goal posts moved. I was flat out told "you are not forced to buy this, we can just sell it to someone else immediately"
I made the choice to settle for a 5k markup because I've waited 14 months, but I'm somewhat regretting my decision to not walk away on principle.
You should file a complaint with BMW NA. They have a dealer group to record complaints against dealers.

· Registered
i4 m50 sapphire black
17 Posts
You should file a complaint with BMW NA. They have a dealer group to record complaints against dealers.
I definitely will, and I will post some not great reviews wherever I can once I've had a day or two to settle down from the experience and write something without being blinded by rage. I suspected for a couple of months that something like this would happen due to the inability to ever get answers about preorder programs.

What is the best BMW email contact to lodge a complaint?

· Registered
649 Posts
I definitely will, and I will post some not great reviews wherever I can once I've had a day or two to settle down from the experience and write something without being blinded by rage. I suspected for a couple of months that something like this would happen due to the inability to ever get answers about preorder programs.

What is the best BMW email contact to lodge a complaint?
I would call BMW NA customer relations and ask to speak to the dealer team - they’ll take down all the info and forward it to their management who will determine how to best address it with the dealership. 1-800-831-1117

Reactions: ctb and MzTeaze

· Registered
40 Posts
That is total and complete BS. Not a good way to do business.

Reactions: MzTeaze

· Registered
137 Posts
I am finally going to join you guys! Car is on the Don Quixote, arrives in NY on December 3, so I should finally have it mid-December!

Reactions: MzTeaze and lazLA

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
Car was in transit this morning and is being unloaded currently at dealership. CA says will take at least a day for PDI. Hoping to pick it up this week but with Thanksgiving not sure how that goes.

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
@cruzer666. Absolutely gorgeous! I have a tentative pick up tomorrow as well. CA will see if they can finish the PDI on time. If not it'll have to be Friday morning since they're closed Thanksgiving.

Reactions: cruzer666

· Registered
137 Posts
@cruzer666 Almost the same config I have coming! Beautiful! Can't wait, the next few weeks may kill me!

Reactions: cruzer666

· Registered
193 Posts
Though my CA is on vacation, I figured I'd stopped by the dealer hoping that my car would be plugged in, charging, and so it was.
Car Vehicle Grille Hood Automotive lighting

Car Wheel Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Cloud

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Vehicle Car Hood Automotive lighting Window

Can't imagine why they'd feel the need to put that "sold" sign there.

The reflections in the windows were too bad to get an interior photo. Saw an eDrive40 and a few iXs on the lot, though I don't know if they're spoken for (didn't think to look for a "sold" sign).

· Registered
649 Posts
Though my CA is on vacation, I figured I'd stopped by the dealer hoping that my car would be plugged in, charging, and so it was.
View attachment 19004
View attachment 19006
View attachment 19007
View attachment 19005 View attachment 19008

Can't imagine why they'd feel the need to put that "sold" sign there.

The reflections in the windows were too bad to get an interior photo. Saw an eDrive40 and a few iXs on the lot,
though I don't know if they're spoken for (didn't think to look for a "sold" sign).
A dealer told me they put the sold sign on cars like this so other sales reps don’t grab the keys and let customers drive it. It’s a dog-eat-dog world between sales reps.

So this car doesn’t have the black rear spoiler either. In My Garage M50s with Shadowline definitely show black rear spoilers.

· Registered
193 Posts
A dealer told me they put the sold sign on cars like this so other sales reps don’t grab the keys and let customers drive it. It’s a dog-eat-dog world between sales reps.

So this car doesn’t have the black rear spoiler either. In My Garage M50s with Shadowline definitely show black rear spoilers.
Fortunately, also, the car is obviously not in a drivable condition on public roads.

My Garage shows a black spoiler for me, too. Obviously a bug, one of the least annoying ones the website is currently suffering from.

I think I have hands-free tailgate release. I don't see a deletion on the sticker, and I don't have the deletion code in the options list. But I won't be sure till Friday.

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
I think the 2023 M50s no longer have a spoiler unless you elect the High Performance Tire Package or the M Carbon Exterior Package.

· Registered
649 Posts
I think the 2023 M50s no longer have a spoiler unless you elect the High Performance Tire Package or the M Carbon Exterior Package.
I think you’re right now that I’m looking at recent pics. I still have my M50 build in MyGarage that I’m not taking and it 100% shows a rear spoiler (no 20” wheels or carbon pack). If I was taking that car I would be trying to get my dealer to throw in the rear black spoiler.

· Premium Member
573 Posts
No spoiler?
I guess not. I can’t say I’m upset about it, I never liked the spoiler on my M340, after I was done drying the car with a towel after a car wash, water would always get trapped there and I’d have streaks over the trunk. I won’t add the spoiler :)

· Premium Member
573 Posts
@cruzer666. Absolutely gorgeous! I have a tentative pick up tomorrow as well. CA will see if they can finish the PDI on time. If not it'll have to be Friday morning since they're closed Thanksgiving.
I’m excited for the 300 miles drive back home in it tomorrow. One stop at Electrify America in Bakersfield, CA 🤞🏻

861 - 880 of 961 Posts