BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build a week 41?

881 - 900 of 961 Posts

· Registered
19 Posts
I picked up my i4 M50 today after more than a year's wait (sorry for those waiting even longer!). I definitely have to thank this forum for helping me with the wait, helping me get information as my CA was pretty hands-off until delivery, and preparing me for the car. Of course, like everyone, I love the car! It is my first new car purchase, first BMW, and first EV.

After worrying whether I was ever going to get the car, or if I was going to get screwed in pricing by the dealer once it was here, everything went about as smoothly as I could have hoped. The pickup took about 90 minutes, with most of that being the resident BMW Genius helping me set up the car. Most of the paperwork and financing was done the night before via a couple of phone calls so that all I had to do was sign papers after the setup.

I was basically charged MSRP (Even though I pre-ordered I paid 2023 prices as I converted to the M50 when they took DAPP and PAP out of the e40's in the summer). I was given the 2.9% financing rate. I would have preferred the 1.9%😅 but it was helpful reading on the forum that dealers can add 1% to the 1.9% rate. My credit union was offering 3.45% and I was willing to pay that rate so 2.9% still feels like a win. The original paperwork actually said 2.99% and I decided that it just wasn't worth pushing for 2.9% as I was so close to having the car, but the dealer self-corrected the error. Much appreciated! I did buy the 7 year platinum extended warranty package. I plan to keep the car until it dies and have always gotten the extended warranty and ALWAY gotten my money's worth from it. However, the initial price of $4800 seemed too high to me and I told the CA I would pass at this time. There was no pressure to purchase any of the add-on services, I was just given a list I could chose from. After some talking and me saying I might come back later and buy the extended warranty and a completely off-handed comment of "I would buy it now if it was half the cost", the CA brought the cost down to $3600. Still high, but like I said, I always get my money's worth and decided not to push it more and bought it.

So in the end a very pleasant and no stress pick-up and a happy customer who would go back to the dealer for future cars.

Again, thank you to everyone on the forum for all your help!

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
I picked up my i4 M50 today after more than a year's wait (sorry for those waiting even longer!). I definitely have to thank this forum for helping me with the wait, helping me get information as my CA was pretty hands-off until delivery, and preparing me for the car. Of course, like everyone, I love the car! It is my first new car purchase, first BMW, and first EV.

After worrying whether I was ever going to get the car, or if I was going to get screwed in pricing by the dealer once it was here, everything went about as smoothly as I could have hoped. The pickup took about 90 minutes, with most of that being the resident BMW Genius helping me set up the car. Most of the paperwork and financing was done the night before via a couple of phone calls so that all I had to do was sign papers after the setup.

I was basically charged MSRP (Even though I pre-ordered I paid 2023 prices as I converted to the M50 when they took DAPP and PAP out of the e40's in the summer). I was given the 2.9% financing rate. I would have preferred the 1.9%😅 but it was helpful reading on the forum that dealers can add 1% to the 1.9% rate. My credit union was offering 3.45% and I was willing to pay that rate so 2.9% still feels like a win. The original paperwork actually said 2.99% and I decided that it just wasn't worth pushing for 2.9% as I was so close to having the car, but the dealer self-corrected the error. Much appreciated! I did buy the 7 year platinum extended warranty package. I plan to keep the car until it dies and have always gotten the extended warranty and ALWAY gotten my money's worth from it. However, the initial price of $4800 seemed too high to me and I told the CA I would pass at this time. There was no pressure to purchase any of the add-on services, I was just given a list I could chose from. After some talking and me saying I might come back later and buy the extended warranty and a completely off-handed comment of "I would buy it now if it was half the cost", the CA brought the cost down to $3600. Still high, but like I said, I always get my money's worth and decided not to push it more and bought it.

So in the end a very pleasant and no stress pick-up and a happy customer who would go back to the dealer for future cars.

Again, thank you to everyone on the forum for all your help!

View attachment 19021
Nice! Blue calipers? How did you manage that?!

· Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
155 Posts
Had a preliminary talk with my SA and he's trying to tell me they can't honor the 1.9% apr, that it will be 5.99%. Guess I'm going to have to fight with them on it today..... :rolleyes:

Edit: Got off the phone with them and had them call BMW Financial Services. They got me approved at 1.9%. Just annoying that if I wasn't a savvy shopper and said whatever they would take advantage and give me a 5.99% (This is Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose, CA by the way)

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
Reactions: jsv and ssh

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
Had a preliminary talk with my SA and he's trying to tell me they can't honor the 1.9% apr, that it will be 5.99%. Guess I'm going to have to fight with them on it today..... :rolleyes:

Edit: Got off the phone with them and had them call BMW Financial Services. They got me approved at 1.9%. Just annoying that if I wasn't a savvy shopper and said whatever they would take advantage and give me a 5.99% (This is Stevens Creek BMW in San Jose, CA by the way)
Glad it worked out. My CA told me it'd be 1.9-2.9% and today said it's 2.9%. Realize they can add the 1%. Going to pick up later today. Hope no other surprises.

Reactions: ctb and lazLA

· Premium Member
573 Posts
I picked up the car this morning from BMW Fresno, this is the kind of dealership I like to do business with. No surprises, addons or anything.

Purchase price was MSRP, and I was able to get 2.49% financing through my local credit union. I took over an preorder cancellation in February so I didn’t qualify for the 1.9%.

I drove the car approximately 300 miles today, 3.5 miles/kWh efficiency (above EPA estimates). Quick 18 minutes charging stop at Electrify America in Bakersfield, all stations were working and it took seconds to start charging using the free charging plan through BMW. You don’t even need to open the EA app, if you have the EA “card” in Apple My wallet.

I’m going to summarize my thoughts and say it was definitely worth the wait. Well done BMW, well done!
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
I picked up the car this morning from BMW Fresno, this is the kind of dealership I like to do business with. No surprises, addons or anything.

Purchase price was MSRP, and I was able to get 2.49% financing through my local credit union. I took over an preorder cancellation in February so I didn’t qualify for the 1.9%.

I drove the car approximately 300 miles today, 3.5 miles/kWh efficiency. Quick 18 minutes charging stop at Electrify America in Bakersfield, all stations were working and it took seconds to start charging using the free charging plan through BMW. You don’t even need to open the EA app, if you have the EA “card” in Apple My wallet.

I’m going to summarize my thoughts and say it was definitely worth the wait. Well done BMW, well done! View attachment 19056
#boom

You know the drill. More photos, bro.

Reactions: cruzer666

· Registered
2023 Portimao Blue eDrive40 - M Sport Pro Package - 859M Wheels - Red Calipers - HiFi Sound
19 Posts
You can do it if you skip the Shadowline package.
I tried to order blue calipers by skipping the Shadowline package, but my SA and his manager told me it would have shifted my build time to Feb/March because they were short on blue. I ended up with an i4 their sister dealership was going to put in inventory that was close enough with red calipers.

· Registered
649 Posts
I tried to order blue calipers by skipping the Shadowline package, but my SA and his manager told me it would have shifted my build time to Feb/March because they were short on blue. I ended up with an i4 their sister dealership was going to put in inventory that was close enough with red calipers.
Short on blue calipers is such an interesting problem. They have the calipers, they have the blue paint (I presume), feels like they could figure out how to make blue calipers :)

Reactions: jsv

· Registered
Dravit Grey i4 M50
155 Posts
Picked up my car from Stevens Creek BMW last night. The experience was smooth overall except for them trying to low-ball me on the financing as I mentioned previously. I had to make them call BMWFS to get the 1.9% rate, which I got without additional dealer markup. I did get low-balled on my trade in, but is what it is.

Loving the car so far. The thing is a rocket and you could easily get in trouble if you're not careful. I've only put about 30 miles on it so far, so I have a lot more to learn about the car ergonomics and infotainment. I'm happy I held the line and waited the 15 months, it was worth it.

Car Motor vehicle Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Vehicle registration plate Wheel Car Grille

Sky Car Hood Window Grille
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Plant

· Registered
649 Posts
Picked up my car from Stevens Creek BMW last night. The experience was smooth overall except for them trying to low-ball me on the financing as I mentioned previously. I had to make them call BMWFS to get the 1.9% rate, which I got without additional dealer markup. I did get low-balled on my trade in, but is what it is.

Loving the car so far. The thing is a rocket and you could easily get in trouble if you're not careful. I've only put about 30 miles on it so far, so I have a lot more to learn about the car ergonomics and infotainment. I'm happy I held the line and waited the 15 months, it was worth it.

View attachment 19096
View attachment 19099
View attachment 19098
View attachment 19101 View attachment 19102
View attachment 19095
Gorgeous! This is one of my favorite color combos

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
318 Posts
Beautiful. Congrats!

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts

View attachment 19096
View attachment 19099
View attachment 19098
View attachment 19101 View attachment 19102
View attachment 19095
Very nice!

· Premium Member
573 Posts
Did you guys notice there’s no puddle light in the front doors? How are you supposed to connect the door LED projectors? Harness inside ? I vaguely remember this being discussed before but can’t find the thread.

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50 Portimao Blue Metallic, Cognac Perforated SensaTec, Shadowline M Sport, 19" 859M AS
81 Posts
Did you guys notice there’s no puddle light in the front doors? How are you supposed to connect the door LED projectors? Harness inside ? I vaguely remember this being discussed before but can’t find the thread.
Yes, for MY 2023 the puddle light is gone. Apparently, the wiring harness was made in Ukraine and BMW decided that the feature had to go. Amazon and other places show an alternative, but it is rather inelegant as a solution.

LZLRUN 4X Custom Logo Wireless Projector Car Door Step Courtesy Welcome Lights Puddle Ghost Shadow LED Lights Upgraded Smart Universal Senseor Car Door Led Logo Projector Light https://a.co/d/iaslZem

· Premium Member
573 Posts
Yes, for MY 2023 the puddle light is gone. Apparently, the wiring harness was made in Ukraine and BMW decided that the feature had to go. Amazon and other places show an alternative, but it is rather inelegant as a solution.

LZLRUN 4X Custom Logo Wireless Projector Car Door Step Courtesy Welcome Lights Puddle Ghost Shadow LED Lights Upgraded Smart Universal Senseor Car Door Led Logo Projector Light https://a.co/d/iaslZem
You’re right about it being inelegant :) They put the tailgate kick open back so there’s that.

· Registered
649 Posts

I didn’t know it was gone! That’s unfortunate. Obviously not a major element of the car luckily

· Premium Member
573 Posts
Just picked up my I4 eDrive40(M Sport package) on Tuesday(Nov22nd), and mine DID have the puddle light, as well as the kick open trunk.
Loving the car! View attachment 19154
Congrats! Do you know have the Ambient lighting package ? (4U4 or 4UR)

881 - 900 of 961 Posts