BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build a week 41?

941 - 960 of 1026 Posts

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,973 Posts
OOOoooo, la-la!

· Premium Member
2023 M50 Brooklyn Gray, Black Vernasca,Grey-Brown Trim,Shadowline19" Premium Package, Harman-Kardon
105 Posts
View attachment 19677 View attachment 19678

This afternoon i will pick up , after 6 months , i'm very happy 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳
View attachment 19677 View attachment 19678

This afternoon i will pick up , after 6 months , i'm very happy 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳 🥳
Good News - Bad News

Good News - I ordered the same Brooklyn Grey w 19" and these are pics of what I'll get :)

Bad News - I'm still waiting for mine....:(

· Registered
209 Posts
So my ship just got to the port in New Jersey and flipped from In Transit to At the Port! What is the typical timeline you guys have experienced with cars getting of the boat and then in transit to the dealer (excluding issues where they put a hold on the car at the port)?

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
384 Posts
My timeline is as follows:
Nov 16 arrived at port
Nov 17 work order at Vehicle Processing Center completed
Nov 18 released to carrier
Nov 22 picked up in am and delivered to dealer in afternoon. Mine was only 75 miles from port.
Nov 23 picked up the car

• Helpful
Reactions: edb and Ratmogers

· Registered
1,031 Posts
My timeline is as follows:
Nov 16 arrived at port
Nov 17 work order at Vehicle Processing Center completed
Nov 18 released to carrier
Nov 22 picked up in am and delivered to dealer in afternoon. Mine was only 75 miles from port.
Nov 23 picked up the car
Good info. What actually takes place at the VPC?

Reactions: edb

· Registered
2023 BMW i4 M50
384 Posts
I asked but BMW Genius didn't know. Given how short the VPC time was probably not much at all. But if there is any damage done during transport they will be fixed here as well. For my Audi S4 that I did Euro Delivery, the supercharger badges on my S4 wasn't on the car initially and was placed at VPC when it arrived in the US.

Reactions: edb and lazLA

· Registered
1,177 Posts
For me, the carbon fiber front splitter is getting installed at the VPC. My car will be there for about a week if the date I've been given is correct.

Reactions: lazLA

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,973 Posts
Depends on the car and how transit went for it. Any repairs to physical damage happens at the VPC (even, for example, a tear in the rear trunk cover). They also do VPC installs of some OEM components (as mentioned) and do updates and recall work as needed. Basically, they only will release the car when they believe it to be 100% ready for the customer. The dealer will then do another set which is more focused on a few final actions like charging to 100% and pulling off the protective sheets, washing/waxing, etc.

Reactions: lazLA

· Registered
24 Posts
So my ship just got to the port in New Jersey and flipped from In Transit to At the Port! What is the typical timeline you guys have experienced with cars getting of the boat and then in transit to the dealer (excluding issues where they put a hold on the car at the port)?
NJ VDC/VPC - Mine flipped to “at the port” on 29th Nov and has been in that state since. Hoping for a move to “In transit” today or later this week! Fingers crossed.

· Registered
209 Posts
NJ VDC/VPC - Mine flipped to “at the port” on 29th Nov and has been in that state since. Hoping for a move to “In transit” today or later this week! Fingers crossed.
I went to At the Port yesterday, at Bayonne, NJ. Genius line said to call back this morning and they should be able to tell me when it will get to the dealer...we'll see if that is actually the case!

Reactions: cruzer666

· Registered
1,177 Posts
I went to At the Port yesterday, at Bayonne, NJ. Genius line said to call back this morning and they should be able to tell me when it will get to the dealer...we'll see if that is actually the case!
They can give you a date when it should be released to the carrier. Mine's tomorrow, so we'll soon see if it's accurate.

· Registered
209 Posts
They can give you a date when it should be released to the carrier. Mine's tomorrow, so we'll soon see if it's accurate.
I thought that too - they told me they couldn't do that until it got to the VPC.

· Registered
1,177 Posts
I thought that too - they told me they couldn't do that until it got to the VPC.
I meant once it got to the VPC... in my case I called the day after it changed to at the port.

· Registered
209 Posts
I meant once it got to the VPC... in my case I called the day after it changed to at the port.
Gotcha - I wasn't that patient, I called the moment it changed :)

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Gotcha - I wasn't that patient, I called the moment it changed :)
It wasn't patience, I just didn't think they'd have any info and it took a day for my curiosity to get the better of me. 🤣

· Registered
209 Posts
Just called, it is at the VPC but not scheduled to leave until the 10th, arrive at the dealership on the 11th, and I am out of town starting the 12th!!! Figures...that pushes me out another 2 weeks by the time I get it back from PPF and ceramic...now I am more impatient than ever!

· Registered
1,177 Posts
Just called, it is at the VPC but not scheduled to leave until the 10th, arrive at the dealership on the 11th, and I am out of town starting the 12th!!! Figures...that pushes me out another 2 weeks by the time I get it back from PPF and ceramic...now I am more impatient than ever!
If mine comes in on Thursday I probably won't be able to pick it up until Friday and would have to do the PPF/Ceramic Monday. Oh well I'd get to try it out for a weekend at least. I'm still not convinced that date is solid until I see it move.

· Registered
209 Posts
If mine comes in on Thursday I probably won't be able to pick it up until Friday and would have to do the PPF/Ceramic Monday. Oh well I'd get to try it out for a weekend at least. I'm still not convinced that date is solid until I see it move.
Totally agree - the boat was 2 days late, nothing else has been on schedule so the 11th is very much a moving target for me. Fingers crossed for both of us! 🤞🤞

941 - 960 of 1026 Posts