• Got bumped to a later week

Votes: 4 12.1%
  • Got jumped to an earlier week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm here to snoop and hit buttons

Votes: 14 42.4%
81 - 100 of 154 Posts

· Registered
BMW I4 M50 - Brooklyn Grey, Tech Pack + M Sports Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Calipers.
264 Posts
Must be frustrating, mine moved from 155 to 190 overnight. At least you know it is built, can they not confirm why it is stuck at 155.
yeah very frustating! I didn’t think the status got updated during the night to be fair, what time did you last check yesterday when it said you was still at 155?

· Registered
24 Posts
yeah very frustating! I didn’t think the status got updated during the night to be fair, what time did you last check yesterday when it said you was still at 155?
Since it entered production (11th) I have been checking each day about 9.00am and then again about 9:00pm. Went from 153 on the morning of 14th to 155 in the evening and by the following morning (15th) it was 190. Moved to 193 this morning.

· Registered
BMW I4 M50 - Brooklyn Grey, Tech Pack + M Sports Seats, Heated Steering Wheel, Red Calipers.
264 Posts
Wish tha
Since it entered production (11th) I have been checking each day about 9.00am and then again about 9:00pm. Went from 153 on the morning of 14th to 155 in the evening and by the following morning (15th) it was 190. Moved to 193 this morning.
Maybe the work 24/7…just not in my car! Day 17 or 18 at 155!!

· Registered
24 Posts
Wish tha

Maybe the work 24/7…just not in my car! Day 17 or 18 at 155!!
I would be banging my head against the wall if further delays at this stage, it can't be a QI issue or it would have gone back to a different status for rework, likely being held for a missing component to be fitted, probably better to resolve at the factory than delay at the port or dealers. Keep your chin up.(y)

· Registered
264 Posts
I would be banging my head against the wall if further delays at this stage, it can't be a QI issue or it would have gone back to a different status for rework, likely being held for a missing component to be fitted, probably better to resolve at the factory than delay at the port or dealers. Keep your chin up.(y)
agreed but some form of timescale would be nice from them, you get nothing. Anyway cheers pal.

· Registered
53 Posts
Week 46 and on the water. Ship is Asian Captain. Looks like it’s going to be a very merry Christmas!
What was your production date? Just curious. I was week 45 and I’ve been stuck between the factory and the port for the last week!

Reactions: lazLA

· Registered
139 Posts
What was your production date? Just curious. I was week 45 and I’ve been stuck between the factory and the port for the last week!
I sat there for 3 weeks before getting on a ship. I’m at the port now for 2 weeks, waiting to see if I was on the one that left Thursday. I was week 41, 10/12 build date. Still at the port in Bremerhaven while people from much later weeks got on boats going to the same port (NYC). I am convinced that there is no rhyme or reason as to how they put cars on the boats.

· Registered
53 Posts
I sat there for 3 weeks before getting on a ship. I’m at the port now for 2 weeks, waiting to see if I was on the one that left Thursday. I was week 41, 10/12 build date. Still at the port in Bremerhaven while people from much later weeks got on boats going to the same port (NYC). I am convinced that there is no rhyme or reason as to how they put cars on the boats.
Thanks edb. Your post puts my situation in the proper perspective. Oddly, I think I’d rather still be waiting for my car to be made than to think it’s just sitting around in the sun or being moved from place to place waiting for a random assignment to a ship.

· Registered
139 Posts
Would you still think that if your car didn’t get built until next September?
Tell you what - waiting for it to start being built felt less painful than having a 10/12 build date and knowing that it has been sitting at various places in Germany waiting to get on a boat...I know it is 1 month vs. 12 before that...but still...I knew I was impatient, but I didn't know I was this impatient!

· Registered
221 Posts
Tell you what - waiting for it to start being built felt less painful than having a 10/12 build date and knowing that it has been sitting at various places in Germany waiting to get on a boat...I know it is 1 month vs. 12 before that...but still...I knew I was impatient, but I didn't know I was this impatient!
It’s just the excitement kicking in because you know it’s due now not some time months away.

· Registered
139 Posts
It’s just the excitement kicking in because you know it’s due now not some time months away.
That is what I thought - 2 months ago when I got my VIN, then finally got built, and then sat for over 4 weeks after being built!

· Registered
2008 BMW E91 325D ---> 2022 (hopefully) BMW i4 M50
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #95 ·
deleted

· Registered
53 Posts
Would you still think that if your car didn’t get built until next September?
Good question. Either way, I wouldn’t have a new car.
I pre-ordered in Sept 2021, so the end of 2022 will mark a 15 month wait. So, I’ll keep waiting. But, If I was still waiting for the car to be made, I’d definitely pull the plug at the end of this year.

· Registered
26 Posts
That is what I thought - 2 months ago when I got my VIN, then finally got built, and then sat for over 4 weeks after being built!
I got a feeling I may be in the same situation as you. I'm out of the factory but no word if I've made it to port.

· Registered
53 Posts
I got a feeling I may be in the same situation as you. I'm out of the factory but no word if I've made it to port.
I'm a Week 45 straggler who's been floating in limbo between the factory and a port. I finally switch over to Status 193 today, but I don't actually know which port my M50 is at, at present. The BMW Genius line is telling people that Bremerhaven is full, so I'm speculating (based on the time to arrive) that my car is at the Zeebrugge port in Belgium. Hopefully, a few other stragglers will get to a port today!

Reactions: edb

· Registered
139 Posts
I'm a Week 45 straggler who's been floating in limbo between the factory and a port. I finally switch over to Status 193 today, but I don't actually know which port my M50 is at, at present. The BMW Genius line is telling people that Bremerhaven is full, so I'm speculating (based on the time to arrive) that my car is at the Zeebrugge port in Belgium. Hopefully, a few other stragglers will get to a port today!
I just talked to the "Genius" line and this person told me that "At the port" doesn't even mean Bremerhaven or Zeebrugge - it is a port to take you to the port of exit - Bremerhaven or Zeebrugge. You don't go to in transit until you leave that port. The next boat for NYC leaves November 30 - fingers crossed - but there is no sanity here - luck of the draw.

· Registered
i4 M50
42 Posts

Bon Voyage? But it is not in transit yet... 🥲

I'm hoping for the ships that supposedly leave today or else it's Dec 4 or later. 😭

Attachments

81 - 100 of 154 Posts