BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 214 Posts

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,127 Posts
Hi, I just got bumped from week 47 to 49. Genius told me my production date is Dec 1

· Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi, I just got bumped from week 47 to 49. Genius told me my production date is Dec 1
Oh man sorry to hear that! Do you have a VIN? They can only confirm a production date once a VIN is issued

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,127 Posts
Nope, no vin, just the date the genius gave me, but obviously that can change since I was originally Nov 13.

· Registered
M5 to i4M50 Tanzanite Blue, Tacora Red Leather, Aluminum with mesh effect, loaded
50 Posts
Just found out that was bumped from 46 to 49. Still no VIN so we'll see what happens.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Production date means a VIN, and Dec 1 is week 48 - which is the day after my production date.

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,127 Posts
Production date means a VIN, and Dec 1 is week 48 - which is the day after my production date.
Just repeating what they said on the phone, week 49 and Dec 1 and that of course it could change.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
Just repeating what they said on the phone, week 49 and Dec 1 and that of course it could change.
BMW Genius can tell you only scheduled production week if no VIN, but with VIN (Status 150) they can tell you a production date.

· Registered
2,209 Posts
I don't trust any date they give.

Nothing matters without a VIN. Even when you are "scheduled for production" it means nothing.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
224 Posts
Just bumped to week 5 from week 3. Is anyone else still waiting longer than me?

• Sad
Reactions: Technic

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,127 Posts
BMW Genius can tell you only scheduled production week if no VIN, but with VIN (Status 150) they can tell you a production date.
I've called twice and 2 different genius' have given me dates, Nov17 and now Dec 1.

· Registered
1,339 Posts
I've called twice and 2 different genius' have given me dates, Nov17 and now Dec 1.
What they are actually saying is that your scheduled production week is at least 48, because the week of Nov 17 already passed (week 46), and you have not received a VIN yet for your car to have been completed yesterday.

If your production is indeed week 48 then you should receive the VIN in the next few days.

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,127 Posts
They said 49 not 48. Who knows

· Registered
23 i4 e40 M Sport
1,127 Posts
Anyone get a vin yet??

· Registered
2023 i4M50 Brooklyn Grey, Red V Leather, DAPP, PAP, LaserLights, 19"
564 Posts
Anyone get a vin yet??
Not yet. My garage keeps throwing an error -{"error": "invalid_request", "error_description": "Parameter authorization is missing"}. Will call Genius tomorrow. Hoping for a VIN, but more likely I'll have to join another support thread.

· Registered
98 Posts
Not yet. My garage keeps throwing an error -{"error": "invalid_request", "error_description": "Parameter authorization is missing"}. Will call Genius tomorrow. Hoping for a VIN, but more likely I'll have to join another support thread.
I've been getting a lot of my garage errors too. Wonder if the guys running scripts every minute to check status is causing issues for BMW. I have a Brooklyn m50 scheduled for week 50, so maybe you won't have to wait too long.

1 - 20 of 214 Posts