• M50 with VIN

Votes: 11 32.4%
  • Bumped to another week

Votes: 3 8.8%
  • I have nothing better to do

Votes: 12 35.3%
221 - 240 of 250 Posts

· Registered
In transit! 2023 i4 M50, Tanz/Cognac, DAPP, PAP, premium pkg, laserlights, HK sound
45 Posts
For those of us on the Hawaiian Highway, things are looking OK but perhaps a bit delayed. Arrival estimated in Baltimore on 17 Jan.

We've come down the coast of Portugal and turned out West to open sea. She's just passed Sao Miguel Island, Portugal; about 875 miles from Lisbon. Winds are not so favorable but she's still clipping along at 16 knots.

This weather "atmospheric river" system that's been dumping rain on CA is coming in several waves one of which is going to push all the way across the country to the east coast into Baltimore this weekend. Thankfully, this latest wave happens a few days before the Hawaiian Highway arrives.

For the time being, everything is looking OK.

· Registered
In transit! 2023 i4 M50, Tanz/Cognac, DAPP, PAP, premium pkg, laserlights, HK sound
45 Posts
Without the pay service to track the Hiwaiian Highway in real time, this will be the last update for several days. We're pretty much smack in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Apparently, when you get out this far, the free updates on ship position go away. In fact, to even get an estimate of the current position (which is 36.74230735684, -38.89674013964 lat/lon), I had to use the speed, position, and course from 23 hours ago. The current position is the dot on the left side of the red line, below. The 23-hour old data is the dot on the right.

Ecoregion Gesture Font Rectangle Parallel

There's the estimate of our current position. It's probably a little to the north of there based on the 3D geometry of Great Circle calculations.

From here, it's roughly about 2300 nautical miles to the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Using its last known speed as an average, that'll take about 6 days and then maybe another half day to get to the port at Sparrow's Point; i.e., roughly the 17th.

So, based on last known position, speed, and course, we're still on schedule as far as I can estimate. Maybe on Sunday, the 15th, the ship will come back in range of the free AIS services. Until then, have a great week!

· Registered
43 Posts
Without the pay service to track the Hiwaiian Highway in real time, this will be the last update for several days. We're pretty much smack in the middle of the Atlantic ocean. Apparently, when you get out this far, the free updates on ship position go away. In fact, to even get an estimate of the current position (which is 36.74230735684, -38.89674013964 lat/lon), I had to use the speed, position, and course from 23 hours ago. The current position is the dot on the left side of the red line, below. The 23-hour old data is the dot on the right.

View attachment 22008
There's the estimate of our current position. It's probably a little to the north of there based on the 3D geometry of Great Circle calculations.

From here, it's roughly about 2300 nautical miles to the mouth of the Chesapeake Bay. Using its last known speed as an average, that'll take about 6 days and then maybe another half day to get to the port at Sparrow's Point; i.e., roughly the 17th.

So, based on last known position, speed, and course, we're still on schedule as far as I can estimate. Maybe on Sunday, the 15th, the ship will come back in range of the free AIS services. Until then, have a great week!
I use the following tracker as my car is on the Hawaiian Highway also. This tracker has a satellite tracking feature that I do not pay for and I can get up to the minute tracking still. I had to register for an account in order to log in but did not purchase anything or provide any type of credit. This was last update when I ran the update at 13:08 today. Here is the link. FleetMon Universe
Rectangle Slope Font Parallel Circle

· Registered
45 Posts
I had trouble with the FleetMon website but found another, MaritimeOptima that has a lot of features in exchange for a free account. Here's the Hawaiian Highway "enjoying" quartering winds from the starboard rear notching her speed up to almost 17 knots. If you trust the data shown, those winds are conservatively pushing 40 knots and generating 20 foot waves (BFT 8). Sea state is forecast to slightly worsen as she approaches the east coast. Quite the ride!
Rectangle Screenshot Slope Font Design

· Registered
2023 i4m50 Sunset Orange Metallic
77 Posts
Only a couple more days before the Hawaiian Highway makes it to port. Hope nothing changes here and the car gets unloaded and goes right onto a transport to the dealership…

Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Automotive lighting

· Registered
45 Posts
I'm on my Ubuntu system on an old laptop so I can't take screen shots but it looks like the HH has shifted its route slightly to the SW around some inclement conditions. Accordingly, captain looks to have slowed to better take the associated waves; kinda like going over speeds bumps. Speed is now 10.9 knots.

Good news is that the worst appears to be over and conditions are forecast to improve as she begins to approach the DC area and the mouth of the Chesapeake. Similar to what @dlvernon0429 reports, she should be at Sparrow's Point tomorrow! 👏

Here's to the HH unloading quickly and then making a beeline to Brunwick, GA! 🍻

· Registered
45 Posts
Hopefully just a few more days until the Hawaiian Highway gets to Brunswuck and my M50 can offload. 🤞🏼
@Cornell92 Amen, brother!

As of yesterday, my sales guy expects the HH to be in Brunswick on the 21st. More importantly, my M50 is expected to be at the dealership in north AL on the 31st. The beginning is in sight!

· Registered
77 Posts
My sales guy wont give me much information, other than it usually takes 5+ days to go from Baltimore to the dealership; however, he has no idea when it would be loaded on a truck. The good news is, he confirmed there is no Stp Sale on my M50. I'm booking my travel plans now to be in SD the week of Feb 6th. I would think it would be there by then...

· Registered
77 Posts
Status went to 193 which confirms its now at the port. Now, for the constant screen refresh to look for it to change back to 194/195, indicating its on its way to the dealer...

A year ago, I never would have thought I would need to buy a car. A year ago, I lived on an island in Central America and the only mode of transport was via gulf cart. Life changes and slightly less than a year ago, the decision was made to move back to the US with one caveat; my wife agreed that I could purchase any car I wanted (within reason of course). We made a few trips back to the US for work and used those trips to test drive several cars and because the price of gas was going sky high at the time, I proposed making the leap to an EV.

We drove everything we could get our hands on and they all had their goods and bads. Our last demo was an i4M50 and it was literally less than 3 miles from the dealer that I turned to my wife and said 'this is what we are buying...'. She was at that point in time reaching back to rub her neck which was hurting her because she was not prepared for the sudden jolt when I floored the throttle at roughly 50mph. She turned and looked at me and shook her head... We went home the next day and soon thereafter the Orange i4M50 order was placed. It was April 15th, 2022 via text, poolside still living in Central America... 😎

· Registered
15 Posts
Closer and closer. Car is still “at the port” I’ve been told it will be released to the transport truck on the 26th. If all goes as planned, I should be taking delivery on the 4th. Fingers crossed.
I'm just left wondering how fast the Brunswick VPC is running, since my i4 is headed to middle Alabama, and Hawaiian Highway is set to arrive to Brunswick soon-ish.

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
I'm just left wondering how fast the Brunswick VPC is running, since my i4 is headed to middle Alabama, and Hawaiian Highway is set to arrive to Brunswick soon-ish.
A couple days if there isn't any serious work to be done.

· Registered
45 Posts
A couple days if there isn't any serious work to be done.
@DocJ I'm in North AL and on the same vessel carrier as you. The dealership up here says they're likely to have my car before the end of the month. ...if there isn't any serious work to be done.

· Registered
15 Posts
@DocJ I'm in North AL and on the same vessel carrier as you. The dealership up here says they're likely to have my car before the end of the month. ...if there isn't any serious work to be done.
Knock on wood with the, "no serious work to be done," sentiment for sure. I just checked, and there are no active stop-sales for my VIN.

That said, I asked my dealer a while back to go ahead and snag me a set of all weather mats, and he said he'd add it in as a port installed option, since getting stuff through there was easier than the parts department at times. I swear if those mats slow down my i4's arrival...

· Registered
15 Posts
Mine did too it looks. Unsure how things work with car transport scheduling, but my dealer is only 5hrs or so away from the Brunswick VDC. My CA said Monday/Tuesday, but that was before it flipped to in transit status.

· Registered
43 Posts
Mine did too it looks. Unsure how things work with car transport scheduling, but my dealer is only 5hrs or so away from the Brunswick VDC. My CA said Monday/Tuesday, but that was before it flipped to in transit status.
I am in the Washington DC area so my M50 came on the same ship as yours (Hawaiian Highway). My status flipped last Saturday to In Transient and it arrived at my dealership which is 2 hours from the Baltimore VDC this Monday. I pick up my M50 today at 2 pm.

221 - 240 of 250 Posts