BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pulled the trigger and put my deposit down for the following build:

Trading in my 2019 Red Tesla Model 3 LR, which creaks, rattles, makes my rear sweat every time I sit in the seats (which have not aged well). Looking forward to having something with actual good build quality. I also own a 2016 BMW 428i convertible. My dealer in Northern Virginia told me I'm 86th on the waitlist and it will be between 9-12 months, so for now I'll sit tight with my tesla while I drool over all your i4's in this forum.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Trading in my 2019 Red Tesla Model 3 LR, which creaks, rattles, makes my rear sweat every time I sit in the seats (which have not aged well). Looking forward to having something with actual good build quality. I also own a 2016 BMW 428i convertible. My dealer in Northern Virginia told me I'm 86th on the waitlist and it will be between 9-12 months, so for now I'll sit tight with my tesla while I drool over all your i4's in this forum.
hi! I commend you on the choice of an i4. A lot of us are waiting, but I think the wait is worth it. Have a complimentary espresso. Best.

Reactions: LionXV

·
Registered
23 i4 e40, Tanzanite Blue, Oyster Vernasca
198 Posts

I just ordered mine and I also have a 2019 Red Tesla Model 3 LR!! Did your dealer give you a trade in amount? I'm afriad they will totally low ball us because who's going to walk away after waiting so long for an ordered car? My dealer insists that my car will only take 4 months since they are the largest i dealer in CA. I'm going to try and sell it privately once I know I'm about a month away.

Reactions: bobkalka

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,140 Posts
I traded in a blue, 2022 TM3 LRAWD when I picked up my i4. It was under 2k miles, and I got $55k, or $3k more than I paid for it.

Very much happy with the exchange, I was really starting to hate the TM3.

Reactions: bobkalka and tochan

·
Registered
486 Posts
I’ll be selling my ‘18 model 3 LR AWD once my m50 arrives. I’m definitely looking forward to the BMW, but there are some things that I think will be missed from the Tesla experience. (Not many, but some.)

·
Registered
198 Posts
I traded in a blue, 2022 TM3 LRAWD when I picked up my i4. It was under 2k miles, and I got $55k, or $3k more than I paid for it.

why would your dealer give you over the kbb trade in amount? Usually they will be several thousand below KBB

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
why would your dealer give you over the kbb trade in amount? Usually they will be several thousand below KBB
KBB was even higher than that. Not sure why you thought it was lower?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Didn't think kbb would be higher then what you paid for trade in. Retail maybe but not their trade in value

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
I just ordered mine and I also have a 2019 Red Tesla Model 3 LR!! Did your dealer give you a trade in amount? I'm afriad they will totally low ball us because who's going to walk away after waiting so long for an ordered car? My dealer insists that my car will only take 4 months since they are the largest i dealer in CA. I'm going to try and sell it privately once I know I'm about a month away.
4 months? Okay he lied.

I won't list all my dates but I have a June 1, 2021 pre-order.

I was at week 38 before they pulled me back to order received.

I'm now week 47 because after all the delays I decided to get individual leather since they keep moving the date.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are dealers who have higher allocations. I talked to the gm and he was insistent that they will get it in 4 months. And I have seen a few here who have gotten it that quickly. This is the highest volume dealer in Los Angeles.

·
Registered
41 Posts

Would love to hear what you disliked about the Tesla. It'll help us poor folks waiting for our i4 have some piece of mind.

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Didn't think kbb would be higher then what you paid for trade in. Retail maybe but not their trade in value
Sorry, but you seem to have missed the insanity of the used car market the past year or two.

Yes. KBB on a like-new, very low mileage Tesla was higher than what I paid. Tesla had also raised the price twice this year, so part of it was KBB keeping up with that. KBB was higher than even the current price because they are factoring in the wait for a car. That premium is largely because used car inventories have been vanishingly small of late. It's all been in the news.

Reactions: pipestem

·
Registered
198 Posts
Unfortunately that hasn't translated to any of the offers I've received on my used tesla

·
Super Moderator
i4M50
468 Posts
Mountain view is the only place I see getting a ton of M50s delivered but even so, just because you get a "production #" quick, doesn't mean they will schedule you in order. 4 months is a pretty insane estimate when many people sit in "scheduled for production" that long. lol

·
Registered
198 Posts
There are quite a few people on this forum who went from order to delivery in 4 to 5 months

·
Super Moderator
i4M50
468 Posts
There are quite a few people on this forum who went from order to delivery in 4 to 5 months
yes sorry, my brain always goes to i4M50s....you can get in on a canceled order quick for a i4e40.

Reactions: BlueHoosier

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
There are dealers who have higher allocations. I talked to the gm and he was insistent that they will get it in 4 months. And I have seen a few here who have gotten it that quickly. This is the highest volume dealer in Los Angeles.
BMW hasn't worked through all the pre-orders yet.

They still have group 1 (June pre-orders to build) and they haven't gotten through all of the original pre-orders through the end of 2021.

BMW delivered 10k i4 cars in the first six months. Even if they can ramp to the 600/day it will take a while to work through the backlog.

Those that got cars up until now are in cancelled slots.

Even when things are working, and they aren't, four months from order to delivery is fast.

If you are getting a car four months from now, you should have a production number now and a build week no later than 45 (Nov.) Then assume 10 weeks for delivery.

I'm just trying to help you so you don't come here ranting about delays when they lied to you to begin with.

We have people here that don't even have production numbers that ordered late last year/early this year.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
They didn't go from "order" to delivery.
They went from getting a "cancelled order" to delivery in 4 months.

Nobody on this forum or anywhere else has gotten a car through a "fresh order". Any car being built is from the pre-order batch.

BMW definitely had more than 10k pre-orders and they have yet to work through the full backlog. They only delivered 10k in the first six months if this year.

Waiting for my M50......

1 - 20 of 50 Posts