BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
My car is at port in Germany waiting for a ship. Getting closer.

Reactions: Squirrel1974

· Registered
237 Posts
When did you order? I ordered mine on October 3rd, and I haven't heard anything back. I cringe at the thought of waiting 6+ months, but even that seems like wishful thinking at this point :/

BMW Toronto was able to sell me an e40 for a November build date, but I refused because it cannot be optioned with ADAP :/
I pre-ordered Augusta 21, 2021. I was first m50 order at my dealership (Budds BMW Hamilton) I received an allocation and production number in August 2022 for a September build. Car went into production 2nd week of October 2022. I think things are starting to pick up, just depends on where allocations are distributed.

· Registered
237 Posts
That is unfortunately not the case. I just checked and called the dealer. They can't spec e40s with ADAP, nor is it available as an option in the configurator.

Just out of curiosity how did you get updates for when your car went into production, etc.? I really doubt my sales person is on top of it like yours seems to have been. I ordered through Budd's BMW in Oakville by the way.

Congratulations! That is incredibly lucky. Do you mind sharing the name/location of your dealership? I do wonder if your car was produced early because it doesn't have ADAP. That seems to be the limiting factor based on what I've seen.
I would text my salesperson once a month for updates. Usually, adding something to my build then asking if there was any movement. He contacted me when he got an allocation for my car. My original salesperson left Budds then I got a new guy. Same thing with him, just text and I usually get a response pretty quick. At the beginning I tried BMW Canada but, was told to talk to the dealership.

Reactions: generic.user

· Registered
237 Posts
Congratulations, looking good. Nice to see more cars coming to Canada.

· Registered
237 Posts

· Registered
237 Posts
My car didn’t make it on the Asian Captain a few days ago but, the Don Quijote has set sail today. Hopefully, she made it on. I should know in a couple of days.

· Registered
237 Posts
I'm told that my car is on a ship (yay!), but my dealer can't seem to determine which ship it's on. Is that information sometimes not available to dealers through their normal sources because of all the logistics craziness these days, or are they just not looking in the right place?
The Don Quijote is heading to Halifax. The BOL should be available in a day or two. Once you have that you can check on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site under track and trace to see if your car is on the ship.

· Registered
237 Posts
Just found out my car is status 195, shipped from port of exit.

Reactions: Coner and ssh

· Registered
237 Posts
I confirmed that my car is on the Don Quijote heading to Halifax arriving November 30th. I found my VIN on the BOL. Hopefully, it’s an early Christmas present.

· Registered
237 Posts
I know… and I have kids lol!
My X5 had oyster Dakota leather seats. I had it for 8 years. I have kids and dogs, the only place I had noticeable wear was drivers seat side bolster closest to the door and the centre console arm rest. It will be fine.
Also, after the honeymoon phase I didn’t really clean the seats too often.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts