BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 98 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Did the car recognize the TPS sensors in your winter wheels right away or did you have to go into one of the menus to calibrate/find them (and if so which menu)?
I'm picking up my e40 on Saturday and will be installing the aftermarket winter wheel set myself on Sunday as there is snow in the forecast next week. (Gotta love Ontario weather!)

· Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Did the car recognize the TPS sensors in your winter wheels right away or did you have to go into one of the menus to calibrate/find them (and if so which menu)?
I'm picking up my e40 on Saturday and will be installing the aftermarket winter wheel set myself on Sunday as there is snow in the forecast next week. (Gotta love Ontario weather!)
Under Vehicle Status if I remember correctly you have the TPMS section.
Need to perform a reset and car will instruct to drive to calibrate and will provide a percentage until is done.

· Registered
2023 i4 M50
81 Posts
You forgot to censor license plate in the second photo!

Reactions: Clive T

· Registered
23 Posts
Another question for the forum: can you connect the i4 to your home wifi (eg when it's parked in the garage)? I assumed this would be how OTA updates would be done, but I can't find it anywhere in the settings only setting up the car to have it's on wifi network as a hot spot. Am I missing something?

· Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Another question for the forum: can you connect the i4 to your home wifi (eg when it's parked in the garage)? I assumed this would be how OTA updates would be done, but I can't find it anywhere in the settings only setting up the car to have it's on wifi network as a hot spot. Am I missing something?
I could not find it either, same as you just as a wifi hot spot.

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
No. This is not how OTA is done. It's done either over cellular by the car or over your cellular or wifi connection on your phone. I always use my phone for obvious reasons.

Reactions: cboodts

· Registered
191 Posts
My car didn’t make it on the Asian Captain a few days ago but, the Don Quijote has set sail today. Hopefully, she made it on. I should know in a couple of days.

· Registered
97 Posts
I'm told that my car is on a ship (yay!), but my dealer can't seem to determine which ship it's on. Is that information sometimes not available to dealers through their normal sources because of all the logistics craziness these days, or are they just not looking in the right place?

Reactions: karan13

· Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I'm told that my car is on a ship (yay!), but my dealer can't seem to determine which ship it's on. Is that information sometimes not available to dealers through their normal sources because of all the logistics craziness these days, or are they just not looking in the right place?
It should be showing in the VIR so likely not looking at the right place but who knows, someone might have not entered it yet.

· Registered
191 Posts
The Don Quijote is heading to Halifax. The BOL should be available in a day or two. Once you have that you can check on the Wallenius Wilhelmsen site under track and trace to see if your car is on the ship.

· Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Skyscraper with Tacora red
569 Posts
I didn't have vin number before,i just got it yesterday
Last month the manager told me my car arrive in Nov, then he called me yesterday and told me my car arrive yesterday, now do inspection and then PPF next week
Folks, I just get my VIN today, my car is in production, yes!!! Did you get a price increase when you pick it up at the dealer or it was as per the configurator for 2023 model?

· Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
914 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
Good thing about Canada we get to pay MSRP, no markup so what you see in the BMW Canada should be the final price, nothing more.

Unfortunately BMW won't respect the price at time of reservation so you pay based on what MY you get. I know dealers are bad at communicating but the price is clear at least.

· Registered
53 Posts
Folks, I just get my VIN today, my car is in production, yes!!! Did you get a price increase when you pick it up at the dealer or it was as per the configurator for 2023 model?
Out of curiosity, how far off of the estimated production month were you? My build is currently in status 111 with a production month of 01 (January?). I'm wondering how accurate that will be.

61 - 80 of 98 Posts