BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just curious amongst the Canadian orders what ppl have, might give us an idea when vehs will show up.

1. Who has gotten a Production number?
2. Who has gotten a Build Week?
3. Delivery Date?
4. When did you pre-order?
5. Which version?

I'll go first
1. Yes
2. Build week 12 status 111
3. End of March
4. Early August
5. I4 edrive40

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just curious amongst the Canadian orders what ppl have, might give us an idea when vehs will show up.

3. Delivery Date?

I'll go first
1. Yes
2. Build week 5
3. End of March
4. Early August
1. Yes
2. Sometime in March
3. June 30th
4. September 14th

·
Registered
i4 M50 20” 868M, Dravit Grey
78 Posts
Are you guys getting this info from your sales rep or directly from BMW Canada? The only thing I have is a confirmation code when I paid the $1500 and did the configuration online in August. My sales rep said my configuration has been sent to BMW Canada at the beginning of February, still waiting on an update.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
433 Posts
Are you guys getting this info from your sales rep or directly from BMW Canada? The only thing I have is a confirmation code when I paid the $1500 and did the configuration online in August. My sales rep said my configuration has been sent to BMW Canada at the beginning of February, still waiting on an update.
Production number from sales rep when I asked for it and he said no delivery date yet.

Called BMW Canada last week and they said that they can see the order but without a VIN nothing else they can tell me and pushed me back to check with my dealer.
Going to try the French speaking rep next time to see if they say something different.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I got my production number, called BMW Canada, right away, first person said , no info.
Called back several hrs later, was told build week 5...since then scripted lines, (even from person who told me stuff)
Now it's we have no other information and no VIN.
When sales rep gave me production number, said looking good for delivery end of March.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
433 Posts
ok, I just called BMW Canada and tried the french lady which again told me several times to reach out to the dealer for more details.
But at the same time she confirmed the car is "on order" whatever that means and did not have a status number however she said to call back in a couple of week for updates.

Time to chill for a few weeks I guess :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. January 13, 2022

I’ve talked to my dealer and they’ve told me the order is “status 47” but they “have no allocations”. I have no clue what this means!
Since posting this, I received an email from BMW Canada with the subject “Congratulating on your reservation of the BMW i4”

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
1. No
2. No
3. No
4. January 13, 2022

I’ve talked to my dealer and they’ve told me the order is “status 47” but they “have no allocations”. I have no clue what this means!
@Coner, there is a discussion of the status codes here:
However, 47 is not there. Long story short, 47 "no allocations" means that while your pre-order and configuration is in the system, BMW has not given a quantity of cars available to your country or dealer for your "wave" of pre-orders yet. So your order (like mine still is today) is sitting in the pre-order queue waiting for BMW to round up all the pre-orders between date X and date Y as a batch, assigning production numbers and production weeks, and then you'll have a valid date to look forward to. BMW USA completed the "June 2022" wave (pre-orders up to August 2021 more or less) allocation 2 weeks back, they rounded up the "Summer 2022" (pre-orders up to December 2021) last Friday, and they should be allocating for those starting yesterday, I expect production number and date in about 3 weeks' time, it took about 5 weeks for last wave but it was the first and it was through the holidays.

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 M Sport Pro Portimao Blue (waiting...)
14 Posts

3. Delivery Date?
5. Which version?

I'll go first
1. Yes
2. Build week 5 status 111
3. End of March
4. Early August
5. I4 edrive40
1. No
2. No - Dealer has said "late March production"
3. No
4. Sept 21, 2021
5. Which version? eDrive40

Dealer still hasn't taken our specs. I follow up about once a month and plan to go in and finalize our build with the dealer in the next week or 2.

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
1. No
2. No - Dealer has said "late March production"
3. No
4. Sept 21, 2021
5. Which version? eDrive40

Dealer still hasn't taken our specs. I follow up about once a month and plan to go in and finalize our build with the dealer in the next week or 2.
Bigger EV market in BC, like Qc,,, so I would assume 1st pre-order allocations got taken up quick.
Do you remember when you pre-ordered online, did it say June Delivery?

1 - 20 of 183 Posts