BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Same for the Essential pkg it's up to $9,400!!
Do you know if the price on our reservation is still good ?
I asked this hypothetical question when I first ordered and was told it could happen.
My negative way, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Disappointed: yes. :cautious:

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
I asked this hypothetical question when I first ordered and was told it could happen.
My negative way, this doesn't surprise me in the least. Disappointed: yes. :cautious:
$1500 it's not peanuts, I reserved for à specific price they cannot change it like that!!! Yes they can :mad:

·
Registered
111 Posts
Same for the Essential pkg it's up to $9,400!!
Do you know if the price on our reservation is still good ?
There is no price in our reservation, unless you signed an order with the price information nothing we can do.
The price can and will change probably again in the coming months. They have a lot of advanced information on hand with the reservation system so they are probably thinking a few may cancel due to this but there is someone else that will take the order.

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
There is no price in our reservation, unless you signed an order with the price information nothing we can do.
The price can and will change probably again in the coming months. They have a lot of advanced information on hand with the reservation system so they are probably thinking a few may cancel due to this but there is someone else that will take the order.
About 2 weeks ago I place an order with my dealer with prices on, the options and taxes. It was to be ready when the orders would be open in Canada. So I will try later to get it validate, no garanty but I can try!

·
Registered
111 Posts
About 2 weeks ago I place an order with my dealer with prices on, the options and taxes. It was to be ready when the orders would be open in Canada. So I will try later to get it validate, no garanty but I can try!
There is always a chance these new prices apply for reservations made from a specific date. Who knows.
A bit disappointing that prices have changed before delivering the first car to be honest.

Did they gave you an ETA on when orders will open for Canada?

Another change I noticed in the configurator is the addition of the Flexible Fast Charger and the option to pick which extra NEMA connector we would like to have for level 2. That's cool.
Is a good backup for my existing level 2 charger.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
There is always a chance these new prices apply for reservations made from a specific date. Who knows.
A bit disappointing that prices have changed before delivering the first car to be honest.

Did they gave you an ETA on when orders will open for Canada?

Another change I noticed in the configurator is the addition of the Flexible Fast Charger and the option to pick which extra NEMA connector we would like to have for level 2. That's cool.
Is a good backup for my existing level 2 charger.
I did my order almost 3 weeks ago and did a follow-up today.
Hopefully tm, I get my production number and more update info.
That charger stuff is new, I just noticed it today when I seen the increase.
I'll be using my existing L2 charger as a backup and plugging the bmw one in.
Brown Font Rectangle Electronic device Screenshot

·
Registered
111 Posts
Did any of you guys get called in to the dealer to finalize your order so they can start production? That's what I'm waiting for, here in Montreal..
You are one of the first to reserve so I hope you give us news soon :)
Did you talk with your sales advisor in BMW West Island recently?

I might email him by end of the month to get an update.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I've spoken to my rep, he has reassured me, they will honor the original price on this package.
Still no production number but said as I was the 3rd person to pre-order, expecting delivery March or April
Wooohoooo
I'm actually starting to believe there is a Santa Claus afterall.

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
I've spoken to my rep, he has reassured me, they will honor the original price on this package.
Still no production number but said as I was the 3rd person to pre-order, expecting delivery March or April
Wooohoooo
Wow should I call mine next week for news ?
Na I reserved only two months ago :cautious: so don't expect a delivery before August if I am lucky!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wow should I call mine next week for news ?
Na I reserved only two months ago :cautious: so don't expect a delivery before August if I am lucky!
Worth a try.
From the rep wording, it sounds like there coming in lots/shipments. So that tells me, the early pre-orders will get the first shipment, etc...

·
Registered
111 Posts
Wooohoooo
That's awesome. Hopefully they honour the original price based on reservation time. That would be great.

In one of the i4 Facebook groups that I follow there is a guy from Calgary that confirmed that he got a production week for the first week of January 2022. Things are definitely moving for Canada.

·
Registered
MB GLA
301 Posts
That's awesome. Hopefully they honour the original price based on reservation time. That would be great.

In one of the i4 Facebook groups that I follow there is a guy from Calgary that confirmed that he got a production week for the first week of January 2022. Things are definitely moving for Canada.
I don't know how he can get a production week the orders are still not open in Canada, it's weird!!! Can you ask the guy for more info (details)?

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

It's only fair that they honor previous orders before the price hike, unless they want to stoop low as Tesla tactics.
I'm trying to be positive (hard for me hehe), I'm hoping for their February launch, which would be wicked.!!!!!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I don't know how he can get a production week the orders are still not open in Canada, it's weird!!! Can you ask the guy for more info (details)?
Yes, it seems weird but I don’t see a reason to lie about it. Unless he misunderstood the information given and it is January 2023 😂
Is from the following group.
Font Screenshot Parallel Number Multimedia

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes, it seems weird but I don’t see a reason to lie about it. Unless he misunderstood the information given and it is January 2023 😂
Is from the following group.
View attachment 3982
I did my order towards the end of November, unless he lied to me. But I'm in 3rd for the dealer.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts