BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The great guys at TriTek in DFW installed the ceramic tint today. Looks amazing, keeps its cool and it was fun looking at the Ferraris there!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts
Gorgeous...!

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,140 Posts
lol. I honestly don't even remember if I mentioned when I got my tint.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
50 Posts
The great guys at TriTek in DFW installed the ceramic tint today. Looks amazing, keeps its cool and it was fun looking at the Ferraris there!

Looks great! What percent tint did you use for rear, doors, and front if at all?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Looks great! What percent tint did you use for rear, doors, and front if at all?
Thanks!
I did 25 in the front two doors, and 5 on the rear door and back glass.

The Ceramic didn’t need to be that dark … it’s still a 99% heat rejection film regardless of how dark it is. I just like it that dark.

I am looking into doing 70 on the front windshield just for the heat reduction in Texas but now that summer is over I may wait on that!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Looks great! Can't wait to get my Brooklyn Grey. I was thinking 50%, but this has me wondering....

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
When you got your window tinted did they put a sticker on the driver door?

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
No - not that I've seen!
When I got my x5 tinted one of the installer put the company sticker with phone number on the driver door :( I might get it retinted this winter cause it annoys me alot.

Did you do the XR +?

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
When I got my x5 tinted one of the installer put the company sticker with phone number on the driver door :( I might get it retinted this winter cause it annoys me alot.

Did you do the XR +?
I would have made them redo it right then. And probably would never go back.

Reactions: pjbm4

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
I would have made them redo it right then. And probably would never go back.
They are really good folks and good at what they do. I'm sure if I complained they would have redone it with no questions asked. Just wished install it somewhere that is removable :D

Reactions: pjbm4 and ssh

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

Did you do the XR +?
Yikes!

Yeah, I went with the XR +... I wasn't going to - but at the end of the day another $120 was - why not? LOL. It's actually my first ceramic tint. Texas has 100+ heat days.

·
Super Moderator
3,530 Posts
They are really good folks and good at what they do. I'm sure if I complained they would have redone it with no questions asked.
Fair enough, but that kinda stuff triggers my OCD so much that I probably wouldn't have left the building with it!

Reactions: LionXV and M3HNGRY

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Yikes!

Yeah, I went with the XR +... I wasn't going to - but at the end of the day another $120 was - why not? LOL. It's actually my first ceramic tint. Texas has 100+ heat days.
So did I and I love it!

·
Super Moderator
2005 BMW M3 940whp
602 Posts
Fair enough, but that kinda stuff triggers my OCD so much that I probably wouldn't have left the building with it!
I tried to let it grow on me but since not straight my OCPD is kicking in. I am going back to them to get it redone. It's a small family business and they do a lot of charitable work as well. I willing to pay to get the driver side redone. Either way! Congrats to OP and nice looking ride. :D

Reactions: ssh
1 - 20 of 48 Posts