BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else notice with last week's BMWusa website changes for the configurator, that all references to the partnership with EVgo were dropped? Now it only states "public charging program coming soon." Interesting. Anyone else have intel on that front?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm betting they might switch to Electrify America, since they seem to have a more robust plan. I'm hoping by the time the i4 is delivered, Tesla will let others use the supercharger. As a current TM3 and former Model S owner, the experience with those has always been great.

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
387 Posts
Since BMW hasn't even hinted they’ll offer free charging, what do you think this program is? Reduced rates?

I would much prefer to see a deal with EA than EVgo since EVgo has far fewer stations and much fewer 150kW chargers. In fact I’ve never even seen a 150kW EVgo charger, only slow 50kW units.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I'm betting they might switch to Electrify America, since they seem to have a more robust plan. I'm hoping by the time the i4 is delivered, Tesla will let others use the supercharger. As a current TM3 and former Model S owner, the experience with those has always been great.
I would love them to either switch to EA or at least include EA. Where I live in South Texas, and in the whole SouthEast of the US (LA, MS, AL, GA) there is simply NO EVGo fast charger, there are level 2 destination chargers only. EVGo is much stronger in California.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So are all of you as frustrated as I am with the slow pace of Fast charger deployment in the US? I receive every week an announcement such as this: https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/la...unces-new-electric-vehicle-fast-charging-hubs (this follows another announcement from Osprey, also in the UK, and of course Tesla has the pilot program to open its network in the Netherlands), it looks like new networks are setting up shop in Europe, but in the US we are dependent on the slow roll of EA across the country and EVGo in California. The biggest news of note recently is both EVGo and Buck'ees are going Tesla, doesn't help us much!

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
387 Posts
I would love them to either switch to EA or at least include EA. Where I live in South Texas, and in the whole SouthEast of the US (LA, MS, AL, GA) there is simply NO EVGo fast charger, there are level 2 destination chargers only. EVGo is much stronger in California.
Absolutely! Additionally, at least in any area I've been, EVGo chargers are almost always 50kW as opposed to the 150kW I almost always see with the EA chargers. I wouldn't waste my time at an EVGo charger unless I really had to.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So are all of you as frustrated as I am with the slow pace of Fast charger deployment in the US? I receive every week an announcement such as this: https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/news/la...unces-new-electric-vehicle-fast-charging-hubs (this follows another announcement from Osprey, also in the UK, and of course Tesla has the pilot program to open its network in the Netherlands), it looks like new networks are setting up shop in Europe, but in the US we are dependent on the slow roll of EA across the country and EVGo in California. The biggest news of note recently is both EVGo and Buck'ees are going Tesla, doesn't help us much!
Wholly agreed with the frustration.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Wholly agreed with the frustration.

MinhSATx,

Texas leads the way with tesla CCS superchargers!

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
MinhSATx,

Texas leads the way with tesla CCS superchargers!

Great news indeed, @gsbaker . Thank you for sharing.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
So good to see the fossil fuel company finally see the light. Shell does have a fairly extensive network in the US, I hope this will be a success that encourages them to start deploying theses EV hubs in the US. I can't wait to see this in Austin, Texas and may be even in New Orleans, Louisiana...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts