BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
It's for the Smart Opener aka trunk kick sensor.
Thanks for the info - i am not really sure when it rolled off the line because i was lucky enough to get a cancelled order. I've been at the port in Baltimore since Memorial day. I saw some posts that people are starting to see their status move to in transit that have been there about the same amount of time. Really hoping that this doesn't delay me from getting out of port. I sold my current car to Carvana so I've got limited mileage left to drive it. Their offer was just too good to pass up.

·
Registered
2022 Alpine White i4 M50
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info - i am not really sure when it rolled off the line because i was lucky enough to get a cancelled order. I've been at the port in Baltimore since Memorial day. I saw some posts that people are starting to see their status move to in transit that have been there about the same amount of time. Really hoping that this doesn't delay me from getting out of port. I sold my current car to Carvana so I've got limited mileage left to drive it. Their offer was just too good to pass up.
Don't mention it! It's likely our cars were built in the same week as my vehicle has also been at the VPC in Baltimore since Memorial Day.

Here's hoping our vehicles are next in line. I'm hoping for either a speedy solution or a discount because at this point I just want to drive my new car.

·
Registered
758 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Don't mention it! It's likely our cars were built in the same week as my vehicle has also been at the VPC in Baltimore since Memorial Day.

Here's hoping our vehicles are next in line. I'm hoping for either a speedy solution or a discount because at this point I just want to drive my new car.
Small world. I live in NY and i am going have to fly to pick mine up in Sterling VA so coordinating the pickup will be a challenge - just hoping it gets finalized soon.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thank you for sharing. This is a useful link. My car was built in May and still in Germany. I was informed that my car was stopped from shipping because of this Valet parking error. New SW needs to be loaded. My recall code is 0065820300. If anyone has any update on the same recall code ....I am all ears. This is killing me !

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,685 Posts
What does the reservation date means?
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a reservation date, at the dealership indicated in the Reservation Dealer column, probably for fixing the item.

I mean, it could be the date that my car got to Port Hueneme in the US, but I'm not sure why that would be reported to your VIN. 🥶

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that it's a reservation date, at the dealership indicated in the Reservation Dealer column, probably for fixing the item.

I mean, it could be the date that my car got to Port Hueneme in the US, but I'm not sure why that would be reported to your VIN. 🥶
That is correct. I just checked again and the issue is now closed which means that it was the date the issue was being repaired

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,685 Posts
The tool seems to be down again.
Is it just me, or anyone else getting errors?

·
Premium Member
534 Posts
  • Helpful
Reactions: rollermonkey
1 - 17 of 17 Posts