BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
There is a shift happening with climate control - there si just way too much to control via physical buttons and in many case you would not want to anyway. Like in iX or i4 - you turn the climate to automatic and then just give a hint to the car how warm or cool you'd like parts of you to be and then the car can automatically decide - hey, it is chilly outside and they did not pre-heat the car, so I'd better turn on seat heating to max for this person who loves hot seats and to medium to the other person and then, as the cabin warms up, gradually turn the seat heating down to low. And in the iX do that all also in concert with multiple infrared heat emmitters and other warm surfaces, but only for seats where people are actually sitting.

·
Registered
Portimao Blue M-Sport eDrive40
51 Posts
Yeah to be honest I thought I would be more annoyed than I am. You just leave it on automatic and set a temp and it figures it out. You can fine tune the variables but once it's set you really don't need to micromanage it.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Yeah to be honest I thought I would be more annoyed than I am. You just leave it on automatic and set a temp and it figures it out. You can fine tune the variables but once it's set you really don't need to micromanage it.
Absolutely. The only thing I still adjust sometimes is the seat cooling strength. Otherwise, no adjusting needed at all.

·
Registered
M50 - Aventurinrot III - 868 M20"
32 Posts
Absolutely. The only thing I still adjust sometimes is the seat cooling strength. Otherwise, no adjusting needed at all.
Finally 😀 I was wondering if I was the only one who doesn’t use those physical buttons. If the automatic climate controls works properly I will only change the temperature once a season 😅

21 - 25 of 25 Posts