BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does the colour of the fabric of the headliner / interior ceiling come in both cream and black? I've ordered the eDrive40 with oyster cream leather seats and customised the pictures / video that i was given from my dealer of how my car would look like shows a cream fabric as the headliner / interior ceiling (which i prefer as i think it goes better with the oyster leather seats). I have seen a few youtube videos with the same cream fabric headliner. However equally i've also seen black fabric, so was wondering if the colour depends on the leather seats?

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Head restraint Automotive design
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
365 Posts
I didn’t see an option for the headliner color. I too ordered oyster, so I’m hoping for the light colored headliner.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
I don't think there's a choice...
On the BE website, there's a button that gives you an overview of what you have configured. No matter what color you choose for the upholstery, the ceiling color will always be "Antrazit".
The easiest way to check this out is to take the configurator and use the 360° button for the interior view. With that button you can see the seats and then, by moving your mouse, you can also see the ceiling. Whatever color you pick for the seats will always give you the "Antrazit/black" ceiling...
And that's the case for the M50 or the e40 M Sport, because a black sealing looks "sportier" than a white or beige ceiling.
On the e40 basic, it will always be white/beige.

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
...so was wondering if the colour depends on the leather seats?
To give you a shorter answer: the color depends on the model:
e40 basic: white or beige depending on the upholstery, or Antrazit if you choose that option (€310)
e40 M Sport: Antrazit
M50: Antrazit

·
Registered
2021 Audi e-Tron
365 Posts
To give you a shorter answer: the color depends on the model:
e40 basic: white or beige depending on the upholstery, or Antrazit if you choose that option (€310)
e40 M Sport: Antrazit
M50: Antrazit
Actually, on the U.S. configurator, there is no way to get the light headliner. Every model and every configuration shows a black headliner. Looks like they want to keep things simple. :(

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks. I hope that’s the case as I really like the light headliner and if what you say is true I’ll get it!
But it makes sense about the e40 M Sport being Antrazit as it’s sportier.
Fingers crossed! :)

·
Super Moderator
834 Posts
Actually, on the U.S. configurator, there is no way to get the light headliner. Every model and every configuration shows a black headliner. Looks like they want to keep things simple. :(
Right, I don't see the possibility in the US configurator to choose wisely differently :ROFLMAO:
It looks like Canada also follows this idea of keeping it simple.
In the UK I don't see the possibility to choose the Antrazit ceiling on an e40 basic, while in Belgium that is possible.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts