BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trailer for now but a Dutch dealer will have 2 video’s on the i4 the first one 2 professional drivers will do a couple of driving tests. Second one will be on innovation.
here is the trailer (sorry only in Dutch):
first episode will be online today at 19:00 CET

·
Registered
206 Posts
Trailer for now but a Dutch dealer will have 2 video’s on the i4 the first one 2 professional drivers will do a couple of driving tests. Second one will be on innovation.
here is the trailer (sorry only in Dutch):
first episode will be online today at 19:00 CET
Seen it and looking forward to more of it!

·
Registered
206 Posts
How unbiased do you think they will be? It's a BMW dealer. I guess they will be careful what they are saying.
If the trailer may be an indication… they end by saying that for that test the results of the eDrive40 were bad, but that the M50 did even worse…. But indeed they will want to sell as many as possible

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Challenge #3 slalom

they only do this with the M50
Too bad. I would have love to see the times between the M50 and the M4. By the way, @Mycroft, @JST1963, @gsbaker, @Lord and others, this is what I do once a month with my local Auto-cross club. We rent a big parking lot, we place the cones, we also have a photocell setup to time people from start to finish to a thousandth of a second, and we take turn driving it. The US SCCA rules is 2 seconds per cone, not 5, and we make our circuits just a bit more complicated, so that we usually run through in 40-50 seconds, not 22. Max speed about 50mph-80km/h. Can't wait to run MY M50 through it! (#i4mn)

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
955 Posts
COUNT ME IN !!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
COUNT ME IN !!!!!!!
When a colleague of mine from Scotland came to visit us, I got him to drive my 135i and took him out to an Autocross - he loved it, and turned in pretty good times with his rental car! So anytime you guys want to visit Texas, give me a heads up, we'll arrange something - especially after July/August 2022, hopefully I'll have my M50 then - how does 3/4 miles (1.2km) with at least 1 full-on 0-50mph (80km/h) acceleration, 2x 0-40mph (60km/h) and about 15x 4-wheels-drift-turns on a M50 in 50 seconds sound? Then repeat 5 times and compare your times with Porsche 911s, Caymans, Corvettes, Mustang GTs, Camaro 1SS 1LE, custom-built open wheel cars, Tesla m3P (yes, those too), Mazda "frankenstein-ized" with small block V8, and last time, 3 of our members brought their Tesla mSPlaid, Acura NSX and Lamborghini Aventador. We are one of the most renowned clubs in Texas.

·
955 Posts
Can you record this for us to enjoy it too?

·
955 Posts
When a colleague of mine from Scotland came to visit us, I got him to drive my 135i and took him out to an Autocross - he loved it, and turned in pretty good times with his rental car! So anytime you guys want to visit Texas, give me a heads up, we'll arrange something - especially after July/August 2022, hopefully I'll have my M50 then - how does 3/4 miles (1.2km) with at least 1 full-on 0-50mph (80km/h) acceleration, 2x 0-40mph (60km/h) and about 15x 4-wheels-drift-turns on a M50 in 50 seconds sound? Then repeat 5 times and compare your times with Porsche 911s, Caymans, Corvettes, Mustang GTs, Camaro 1SS 1LE, custom-built open wheel cars, Tesla m3P (yes, those too), Mazda "frankenstein-ized" with small block V8, and last time, 3 of our members brought their Tesla mSPlaid, Acura NSX and Lamborghini Aventador. We are one of the most renowned clubs in Texas.
Hmmm... is your real name Mat Watson???

·
955 Posts
Oops, now I had a drink too much...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts