BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered an i4M50 in July from a very large BMW dealership in the Midlands UK.
Order was placed in July.
I contacted the dealership today to inquire about order progress only to be told

“Hi Al

Hope you are well!

Unfortunately we still haven’t been allocated build slots yet, so still waiting on them

I have been chasing my administrator as we have a lot of cars at the moment waiting for quota

Kindest Regards”

so just wondering if anyone in the UK has a definite build order date as clearly it can’t be the case if other dealerships have no idea as yet!!

Am a bit perplexed to be honest!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I was told by my dealer the allocation of build slots is not released until October so nobody can confirm a build date until then. He was hopeful for a Jan delivery but not holding my breath.

·
Registered
212 Posts
I was told by my dealer the allocation of build slots is not released until October so nobody can confirm a build date until then. He was hopeful for a Jan delivery but not holding my breath.
Welcome to the forum @Simon
Which i4 spec are you getting? I wonder if delivery will vary depending on the model ordered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the forum @Simon
Which i4 spec are you getting? I wonder if delivery will vary depending on the model ordered.
hey! I originally ordered frozen portimao blue but dealer said that would be likely to add another 6 weeks on given it’s an individual paint. So, current order looks like

Sunset orange paint
Cognac interior
20” wheels (sod the mileage)
Blue break callipers
Front M sport sea
Comfort pack
Tech plus pack
Visibility pack
Shadow pack (and lights)
Interior and exterior carbon kit
Sunroof
Sun protection glass

I ticked everything. If I’m going electric I’m giving myself every opportunity of liking it 🤣

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
17 Posts
hey! I originally ordered frozen portimao blue but dealer said that would be likely to add another 6 weeks on given it’s an individual paint. So, current order looks like

Sunset orange paint
Cognac interior
20” wheels (sod the mileage)
Blue break callipers
Front M sport sea
Comfort pack
Tech plus pack
Visibility pack
Shadow pack (and lights)
Interior and exterior carbon kit
Sunroof
Sun protection glass

I ticked everything. If I’m going electric I’m giving myself every opportunity of liking it 🤣
Nice to see another Sunset Orange.
I initially was all over, the black version but after looking at the Sunset Orange 🍊 it started to grow on me and I thought, what the heck, change is good. Lol

·
Registered
4 Posts
Nice to see another Sunset Orange.
I initially was all over, the black version but after looking at the Sunset Orange 🍊 it started to grow on me and I thought, what the heck, change is good. Lol
Totally get you - I have a black M340i now that's a year old but looks ten. The amount of little scratches on it that really stand out make me want to cry.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Totally get you - I have a black M340i now that's a year old but looks ten. The amount of little scratches on it that really stand out make me want to cry.
I am with you. It's the reason I wanted white for my i4 instead of the Sapphire black of my 3-series. I have now finally decided for Portimao Blue just because I think it is nicer than white, but I really hope it will stand the test of time better than Sapphire Black.

Reactions: XtBimmer and Simon

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
17 Posts
I am with you. It's the reason I wanted white for my i4 instead of the Sapphire black of my 3-series. I have now finally decided for Portimao Blue just because I think it is nicer than white, but I really hope it will stand the test of time better than Sapphire Black.
When I got my Kona EV, a few years ago, I really wanted a black one but then cus of demand I could only find a white one with the model I wanted....everybody said, hey white is better, it shows less dirt. There kinda right. It shows zero scratches too. I'm constantly waxing my black sapphire 335i but meh, I hardly wax the Kona. Wife says you hardly wax the Kona. I'm like , it looks okay. Lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
No confirmed build date but my dealer has said his system is currently saying delivery w/c number 52 which is last week of the year which has gone back 2 weeks. I don’t expect to see it anytime before Feb-March the way things are at the moment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
No confirmed build date but my dealer has said his system is currently saying delivery w/c number 52 which is last week of the year which has gone back 2 weeks. I don’t expect to see it anytime before Feb-March the way things are at the moment.
Hey, when did you order?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I ordered pretty early and have an ETA of Dec 31st, I have Individual paint though as well. I checked and my build is still in status 047 which means no allocation.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts