BMW i4 Forum banner
901 - 920 of 1002 Posts

·
Registered
Waiting on a Portimao Blue M50, Cognac , 861m
10 Posts
Turned to 190 on 16/9 for my Portimao M50, hopefully not long left to wait now! How long have people been waiting between 190 and it arriving at the dealer?

Until today I have seen hardly any i4’s on the road and then this morning I pulled out of my drive and someone 100 yards down the road pulled out behind me in what appeared to be my car, identical exterior spec. Neighbours have good taste! I then drove 5 minutes only to see another carbon copy of my car coming towards me off the local motorway island. Looks like I need to start a Portimao Blue M50 owners club in my small Shropshire village!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Turned to 190 on 16/9 for my Portimao M50, hopefully not long left to wait now! How long have people been waiting between 190 and it arriving at the dealer?

Until today I have seen hardly any i4’s on the road and then this morning I pulled out of my drive and someone 100 yards down the road pulled out behind me in what appeared to be my car, identical exterior spec. Neighbours have good taste! I then drove 5 minutes only to see another carbon copy of my car coming towards me off the local motorway island. Looks like I need to start a Portimao Blue M50 owners club in my small Shropshire village!
Haha I’m also in Shropshire. Although mine is black, arriving early Oct

·
Registered
4 Posts
I ordered sept 21 ( private not lease) still at 112 and no idea when (or if) production will start let alone when I will get to pick it up. My order was through Sycamore BMW in Peterborough. I used my local dealer but should I have bought from a multi branch dealership in one of the bigger cities to be further up the queue. Is anyone waiting as long from a bigger dealership?

·
Registered
759 Posts
I ordered sept 21 ( private not lease) still at 112 and no idea when (or if) production will start let alone when I will get to pick it up.
If you are 112 then your dealer or the UK helpline (0370 5050160 option 2) will be able to tell you your 'confirmed' delivery date (they always seem to give delivery date in the UK, take 3 weeks off to get the production date). Beware though, BMW don't seem to fully understand what 'confirmed' means. To them, 'confirmed' means confirmed date until we decide to change it the week before you are supposed to go into production - see my sig for details of all my ex-confirmed dates (sorry mods, that moan just slipped out 😉). If you have 'Oneslip' you will be very lucky 😂

·
Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
238 Posts
If you are 112 then your dealer or the UK helpline (0370 5050160 option 2) will be able to tell you your 'confirmed' delivery date (they always seem to give delivery date in the UK, take 3 weeks off to get the production date). Beware though, BMW don't seem to fully understand what 'confirmed' means. To them, 'confirmed' means confirmed date until we decide to change it the week before you are supposed to go into production (sorry mods, that just slipped out 😉).
As above, Confirmed, sadly, means nothing of the sort - in almost all cases, there have been slips after slips, seemingly with no rhyme or reason in regard or prioritisation :( Badger the online chat dudes, for some sport!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I am another Shropshire lad who ordered 10th Nov 2021 - been bumped a at least 4 times so far currently have a build week of wk41, although not holding my breath. M50 - Brooklyn Grey, Tech Plus, Comfort, Visibility packs plus Sunroof

·
Registered
10 Posts
It does seem to be pot luck to a certain degree. I’m sure there is reason to it, but at risk of alienating myself (don’t hate me!), I only ordered my m50 in March this year and it was built last week and as of this morning I’m status 193 (at port of exit). I ordered through Lex who are our companies lease provider - I wonder if they had pre-booked slots and I took one?

·
Registered
81 Posts
It does seem to be pot luck to a certain degree. I’m sure there is reason to it, but at risk of alienating myself (don’t hate me!), I only ordered my m50 in March this year and it was built last week and as of this morning I’m status 193 (at port of exit). I ordered through Lex who are our companies lease provider - I wonder if they had pre-booked slots and I took one?
I doubt it very much! I ordered mine in march through lex and I’m in the same boat. Keep getting bumped and now week 41 but not expecting it to actually built….fully expecting it to get bumped again!

·
Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
238 Posts
What’s your full spec? Must be something in there the planners don’t like!
Far from an expert on the strange machinations that continue to direct builds, but I don't think the specifics of the build are important. Over the time I have been on here, there have been all sorts of theories, but then also almost identical orders progressing differently....

I have been super fortunate with a late March order, and collected car last week. I have no idea why, did get bumped a few times over the summer from original wk26 build before ending up in wk35. My car has lots of options, but there are a couple of other cars collected same day (one from same dealer!) and varying wait times.

For me, it has to be something to do with the build slots that dealers had.... Not impossible to reason that Sales folk will always try to spin positive - "yes, we an get the car super quick" - with a liberal exaggeration?

·
Registered
59 Posts
I ordered an i4M50 in July from a very large BMW dealership in the Midlands UK.
Order was placed in July.
I contacted the dealership today to inquire about order progress only to be told

“Hi Al

Hope you are well!

Unfortunately we still haven’t been allocated build slots yet, so still waiting on them

I have been chasing my administrator as we have a lot of cars at the moment waiting for quota

Kindest Regards”

so just wondering if anyone in the UK has a definite build order date as clearly it can’t be the case if other dealerships have no idea as yet!!

Am a bit perplexed to be honest!!
My rep in Canada explained that they are allocated two i4 M50's per month and they have a backlog of pent up demand of 81 orders. So until you get a VIN number just sit back and be patient. Many of us ordered our M50's 6 to 12 months ago and our cars were built but now are waiting on bloody recall to be done ( software load ) my guess is the only way you can get your car quicker is to slide into a cancellation....so sweet talk / bribe your rep. LOL

·
Registered
37 Posts
Status 193 today as well.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Far from an expert on the strange machinations that continue to direct builds, but I don't think the specifics of the build are important. Over the time I have been on here, there have been all sorts of theories, but then also almost identical orders progressing differently....

I have been super fortunate with a late March order, and collected car last week. I have no idea why, did get bumped a few times over the summer from original wk26 build before ending up in wk35. My car has lots of options, but there are a couple of other cars collected same day (one from same dealer!) and varying wait times.

For me, it has to be something to do with the build slots that dealers had.... Not impossible to reason that Sales folk will always try to spin positive - "yes, we an get the car super quick" - with a liberal exaggeration?
There certainly will be very good reason for the running order no doubt - agreed though it doesn’t seem very obvious!

Week 35 build and you collected last week (wk37)? That turnaround is quicker than I was led to believe. Did you track your order through its various stages? Do you know how long it took between reaching the port in Europe (which mine did today) and it reaching your dealer (who was this?) and then you collecting it?

901 - 920 of 1002 Posts