BMW i4 Forum banner
921 - 940 of 1002 Posts

·
Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
238 Posts
<snip>
Week 35 build and you collected last week (wk37)? That turnaround is quicker than I was led to believe. Did you track your order through its various stages? Do you know how long it took between reaching the port in Europe (which mine did today) and it reaching your dealer (who was this?) and then you collecting it?
My build moved a few times, from wk26 before actually happening in wk35. Was quoted wk38 delivery, and that was broadly right, but I was able to go to dealer and collect last Friday, rather than wait for them to deliver to me this week.

I did track the progress pretty much daily, with our friends on Genius chat, and it was only a few days at Cuxhaven (2, maybe 3) and then 1 day crossing, then a few days at Killinghome (for PDC).....dealer got the car on Tuesday last week (13th) which I think was around a week after Cuxhaven departure. I did have a note of dates, but cannot find it!

Dealer was Sytner Coventry, arranged by Zenith.

Reactions: sully72

·
Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
238 Posts
anyone checked their status this morning? I've gone back to 111 and delayed another 3 weeks.....now week 44.

i just want to cry haha
That sucks, sorry to hear. What was your original scheduled build week?

·
Registered
2022 Volvo XC60 Recharge
29 Posts
I’ve only got the comfort pack. I don’t think anyone on this forum has actually discovered what causes the changing dates; other than general supply chain issues.

·
Registered
759 Posts
anyone checked their status this morning? I've gone back to 111 and delayed another 3 weeks.....now week 44.
Looks like they have week 44 as a European build (not build) week. I was week 32 and got bumped to week 44. Think I was the first on the forum to go to week 44 but I didn't have the heart left to start a week 44 group 😭

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
419 Posts
I’ve just chatted to Humera - build week is still 43, but I’ve been moved back to status 112. Hurrah. I think.

In other news, I just noticed this on the configurator page.
Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Land vehicle

DAPP and PAP still showing as available for the 40. Has anyone tried a new configuration? I’m on a train and my internet connection keeps timing out, so I can’t try until tonight.

·
Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
238 Posts
Edit: just checked again as I heard they update systems Thursday lunch time ish and I’m now actually at sea heading for Southampton 👍
It's a slippery slope, multiple checks in a day #beentherewoulddoitagainthough

• Haha
Reactions: sully72

·
Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
238 Posts
I got an email from Zenith this morning saying that delivery has moved back from late Nov to early Dec.

Contacted Genius and no change to proposed build week of 31st Oct.
Interesting (although sorry to hear!). Zenith consistently maintained Early September in comms to me, after the first couple of emails saying Late September..... for me, it was the dealer that gave me hope, saying from the outset "June build, for early July delivery"...... I have to say that had I not had this steer from the dealer, and I know that they caveat their statement as provisional dates, then I would probably have had a more peaceful couple of months and the Genius line would have had one less pestering guy.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Edit: just checked again as I heard they update systems Thursday lunch time ish and I’m now actually at sea heading for Southampton 👍
I checked for the second time today (always check first thing) in hope I’d be on the ship over with you, but sadly I’m not.

921 - 940 of 1002 Posts