BMW i4 Forum banner

Do you already have an officially confirmed delivery date, or do you already have your car?

1901 - 1920 of 2142 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50 Tanzanite Blue II 860M AS
107 Posts
Same here.
All along I was told week 21.
Went to "scheduled for production" a couple of weeks ago.

Just today went back to "order received".

Called BMW and they said, "no build week assigned".

Also indicated that Munich is now stopped production due to supply chain and Ukraine.

Oh, well. Maybe I'll get a car this summer. Who knows......

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!
So it’s possible they just haven’t kicked my can/car down the road yet but I just spoke to BMW and I am still status 112 and scheduled for production to start next week… so I sincerely hope the person you spoke to is wrong about a Munich shutdown. 😩

·
Registered
365 Posts
so in the George and Dan story, this is what is called an inflection point.

Today I picked up my car from the dealer! It has moved from "MyGarage" to my garage.

It is so nice! It is truly a dream car. THE ultimate driving machine.

I will warn everyone that the i4 has a LOT of advanced technology. It took a half hour with a dealer's BMW Genius to link my iPhone with the car, and then another hour or so to cover just the basics of the iDrive system. I'm sure I will spend quite a while learning more, and setting everything up.

But it is so comfortable, smooth, responsive and, well, beautiful.

Now, I know that most people in this forum are at the maximum stress level, with production getting booted down the line, supply chain issues, shipping delays and so on. I want to thank everyone for their support and virtual shoulders to lean on throughout this process. It has been exceptionally helpful. I offer the same support to you. I hope you're reassured as see people on this forum, one after another, reach the end of this tunnel and actually get their i4.

For now though, I hope you understand if I now focus all of my support efforts and whatever karma I can send to George, whose sunset orange i4 will certainly be the most beautiful of all, as it emerges from its seemingly ceaseless journey. He and I have shared this adventure of cars, and I know he will, some day soon, actually get his car.

Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Satellite radio

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange
1,187 Posts

Today I picked up my car from the dealer! It has moved from "MyGarage" to my garage.

I will warn everyone that the i4 has a LOT of advanced technology. It took a half hour with a dealer's BMW Genius to link my iPhone with the car, and then another hour or so to cover just the basics of the iDrive system. I'm sure I will spend quite a while learning more, and setting everything up.

Now, I know that most people in this forum are at the maximum stress level, with production getting booted down the line, supply chain issues, shipping delays and so on. I want to thank everyone for their support and virtual shoulders to lean on throughout this process. It has been exceptionally helpful. I offer the same support to you. I hope you're reassured as see people on this forum, one after another, reach the end of this tunnel and actually get their i4.

For now though, I hope you understand if I now focus all of my support efforts and whatever karma I can send to George, whose sunset orange i4 will certainly be the most beautiful of all, as it emerges from its seemingly ceaseless journey. He and I have shared this adventure of cars, and I know he will, some day soon, actually get his car.

View attachment 9626

View attachment 9625
Beautifully said, Dan

😊

·
Registered
5 Posts
So it’s possible they just haven’t kicked my can/car down the road yet but I just spoke to BMW and I am still status 112 and scheduled for production to start next week… so I sincerely hope the person you spoke to is wrong about a Munich shutdown. 😩
I don't want to jinx myself, but wanted to update on my progress. I was quoted week 22 build and yesterday in BMW My Garage I received my VIN. Today in my garage it moved from scheduled for production to Production Begins (note underneath that it's "entered production queue"). I guess it could still move backwards at any point, but hope it doesn't and this gives hope to everyone that it's still moving forward. Mine is an e40 with only drive recorder and parking assist added, so not sure if there are certain parts causing delays on different models.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50 Tanzanite Blue II 860M AS
107 Posts
I don't want to jinx myself, but wanted to update on my progress. I was quoted week 22 build and yesterday in BMW My Garage I received my VIN. Today in my garage it moved from scheduled for production to Production Begins (note underneath that it's "entered production queue"). I guess it could still move backwards at any point, but hope it doesn't and this gives hope to everyone that it's still moving forward. Mine is an e40 with only drive recorder and parking assist added, so not sure if there are certain parts causing delays on different models.
Awesome!! I have not heard of anyone falling back out of ‘In production’. So hopefully you keep moving forward at this point… and I hope I’m right behind you cause I was a week 22 build as well!

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,303 Posts

View attachment 9626

View attachment 9625
Congrats !!!!

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,543 Posts

View attachment 9626

View attachment 9625
Congrats, Dan! Looks like a clone of my car, sans the blue trim.

Regardless of the tech, 1/2 hour to pair a phone? Yikes!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello everyone, I'm following this thread with interest and I wish you all to receive your i4 soon. I have taken an order already confirmed (end of year 2021) and in 2 weeks it should go into production (i4 eDrive 40). But even here in Italy the dates are jumping because today my order is still in status 111, no indication that it will soon pass to 112. So my week 21 skips and the seller does not know exactly what's happening at the factory. Here is the saying: the longer the wait, the greater the happiness. :)

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Well, to be clear, that included setting up the car for log-in, downloading the MyBMW app, and a few other steps. After all that, adding my Apple Watch only took two minutes.

Really, you do need the dealer's BMW Genius (who actually are) to help you with the set up.
The call in genii have limited info, at least about delivery.

I wonder whether someday I may want to call about setup?

🤔

·
i4 M50 18" 858 M San Remo Green
1,611 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1,914 ·
George, when you call BMW (genius, support, dealer, any contact point...) do you still have to say your name?

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
George, when you call BMW (genius, support, dealer, any contact point...) do you still have to say your name?
When calling about my car I must of course say my name.

Most of the time the find my car from my phone number, so they maybe ask my name to verify I own the account.

I haven't yet called about general info.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I found the dealer's local Genius to be exceptionally smart and essential to the setup and orientation. They're sitting in the car walking one thru the steps and answering questions.
Dan,

Yes I will take advantage of the in-person orientation and setup when I get the car.

I won't want to have a problem during my almost two hour drive home at break-in (instead of breakneck) speed.

I will surely want to have carplay working, so I can hear something off my phone, like

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
@DanBarstow Congrats!!

Proof that all our ups and downs will eventually be rewarded.

My car still sits in Bremerhaven (since 4/5) refusing to board the myriad of ships that have come and gone. Nothing I can do but wait...

@gsbaker hopefully we will hear good news from you as well very soon
Maybe Monday I will hear something.

My dealer is pushing BMW to explain when they will ship my car. It is sitting 75 miles away at the SC vpc since 5/5 and the vpc has not released it for shipping, though they have reported it released on 5/5.

It is literally no longer being tracked and without my dealer's pushing would be out of their inventory.

He contacted the Friday and they have yet to respond.

So my car is 75 miles away and I have no delivery date.

1901 - 1920 of 2142 Posts